PDA

View Full Version : Expedition to Castle Ravenloft PBP (Interest Check)

airwalkrr
10-04-2011, 07:33 PM
(This was originally posted on the EN World forums here (http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/312307-expedition-castle-ravenloft-interest-check.html). I will wait and see who responds before I decide on which site I'd prefer to run the game.)

I've wanted to run this adventure for a long time. I really like the way it was updated to the 3.5 rules set and love the ambiance of Ravenloft. If you'd be interested in participating in this game, let me know what type of character you'd like to play and when you'd be able to get started. If there is enough interest, I may run it.

Starting character level would be 6th. I would accept up to four players and two alternates. I'd also expect every player character to have a backup character ready since... well, it's Ravenloft. I'd probably be using some rules from the Ravenloft Campaign Setting by Swords & Sorcery, but owning that book wouldn't be necessary as I'd provide the necessary rules to players. Player sources would be restricted to the Player's Handbook and Heroes of Horror, although alternate base classes like the scout or the knight would probably be allowed. There are also some special rules from the adventure that all players would have access to. I'd make a player handout with these rules available to players.

Disclaimer: This isn't an adventure for the faint of heart or those who like "winning." If you know Ravenloft, then you know the setting is often about choosing between the lesser of two evils, that alignment is blurred, and that the characters are intended to feel a certain level of oppression constantly around them. However, it is this sense of oppression that makes every victory, even a small one, so much sweeter than it would be in a normal campaign. If you really dig the Call of Cthulu and similar games then this is probably a great adventure for you. If not, then please opt not to participate.

airwalkrr
10-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Looks like I've got a full roster of players on EN World already. But if you are interested I am still accepting alternates.

EternalShadow
10-06-2011, 07:56 AM
I am very interested in this.
I have not played much Ravenloft but I am a fan of Cthulu and I have a lot of 3.5e experience.
Please contact me with additional info if I can make up an alternate or a spot opens up.
-ES