PDA

View Full Version : Calixis Factor

Brother Julianus
10-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Looking to begin a weekly game (new player welcome). All Characters will be created Using either Core Book or Inquisitors Handbook for a 1st Rank Character with 400 XP to begin with.

Game will be played online and with hopes of Podcasting games. Hoping to begin by the 1st week of November.;)

If you are interested please post available times. This will help me determine a time and day for game. New Players to 40k Universe welcomed.

WYRD
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Throwing my hat in for this.

Baltar
10-05-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd like to be in on this, too.

nethru
10-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Depending what day of the week and time i'm in.

EternalShadow
10-06-2011, 07:46 AM
I am very interested but I am new to the system do not have the core book for this yet. I will see if I can get my hands on a copy. I am quite familiar with other d20/d6 systems though.
-ES

Brother Julianus
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Welcome aboard; #1 for character creation use standard rules from core book, email me a copy of your character (if you don't have my email address PM me). I am going to use the honor system for dice rolling of stats (use your dice at home). Along with your character sheet be sure to give me answers for your characters nature (Core page 35 answer most questions as best as you can), but do not answer how you met your Inquisitor because you don't know who she/he is and don't know if you have met them at this time. I am going to start a blog about my game mastering style, house rules and game background for each game. For those who need help.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Welcome aboard #1

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Throwing my hat in for this.
#1 spot has been reserved

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I'd like to be in on this, too.

#2 spot has been reserved

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Depending what day of the week and time i'm in.

#3 welcome (Possible due to availability)
I need everyone to let me know what days and time (include time zone) that they are able to play. I will post on the 19 the days we have narrowed done too for possibilities.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I am very interested but I am new to the system do not have the core book for this yet. I will see if I can get my hands on a copy. I am quite familiar with other d20/d6 systems though.
-ES

Welcome aboard #4

Baltar
10-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Awesome!

I'll get to work immediately on creating a character (although I do have some ready-made ones).

If you're interested, I also have a dedicated DH forum that I set up for online games some time ago. Feel free to check it out, and, if you decide it's of any use, I can create a whole new sub-forum for your adventures (Deathwatch also welcome!) and make you an admin so that you can edit posts and provide map pics etc.

There currently aren't any adventures on there, as I have deleted them all! (they were finished)

Feel free to check it out:

http://darkheresy.freeforums.org/

Jrandom
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
I am onboard! I currently on the East Coast, but will be going to Central for about a month (starting in a week and 1/2). I would prefer Tuesday, but am pretty free.

Is there an online resource for character generation similar to http://www.myth-weavers.com ? It makes linking the sheet a breeze.

I have an idea for a Psyker that I am gonna flush out. Do we have any background on our master....er....um... I mean Inquisitor? ;)

Brother Julianus
10-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Awesome!

I'll get to work immediately on creating a character (although I do have some ready-made ones).

If you're interested, I also have a dedicated DH forum that I set up for online games some time ago. Feel free to check it out, and, if you decide it's of any use, I can create a whole new sub-forum for your adventures (Deathwatch also welcome!) and make you an admin so that you can edit posts and provide map pics etc.

There currently aren't any adventures on there, as I have deleted them all! (they were finished)

Feel free to check it out:

http://darkheresy.freeforums.org/

Okay thanks I will check it out.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

I am onboard!

Welcome aboard #5

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Before creating a character please read/ subscribe (if you want) to the Companion Blog for this campaign: Inside Edition Calixis Factor Campaign' Gives you information on my GM Style and Character Creation information.

email me (if I don't have your email) for PDF fillable character sheet. Do not post character sheet anywhere just email it to me... Thanks Also I prefer that you do not speak about stats/ characteristics as numbers in-game (If you want to talk about your stats use Table 1-2 pg 23 (just use the Significance... i.e. "I have "Poor" Strength or my INT is "Superior."

If your also going to do the Deathwatch Campaign that blog is : Inside Edition Expanding Darkness.

When You email me besure to mention your user name from this site.

julian_oliver2000@live.com

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I am onboard! I currently on the East Coast, but will be going to Central for about a month (starting in a week and 1/2). I would prefer Tuesday, but am pretty free.

Is there an online resource for character generation similar to http://www.myth-weavers.com ? It makes linking the sheet a breeze.

I have an idea for a Psyker that I am gonna flush out. Do we have any background on our master....er....um... I mean Inquisitor? ;)

I don't have that resourse; but I do not want the characters to share their character sheets with anyone but myself.

As far as the Inquisitor goes please see: Inside Edition Calixis Factor Campaign for info. It is under my 3rd reply I believe.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

#2 Spot Reserve Balter for #6 Spot on Reserve for Taizu2; I may open up a 7th spot and remember reserve means that the spot is taken based on if they can make the day we choose. Please let me know what days and times each one of your are available.
Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

As of Now I am closing off any new applicants (I am going to hold an extra spot for a friend of Jrandom so his friend does need to sign in if he still wishes to play). Now that we have a crew we need to see if we can come up with an agreeable day and time to play. 1 Person has said Tuesday (or any day other then Monday) no times was mention although the player lives in the east coast.

Let me know what times or days the other players can play, 1 for I can narrow down a time for us all and the 2nd reason so I can ensure I have the day/time available I have to put in for my days off every 3 months; so I need to know what day we are going to do (and time) by Oct 16th. After that on the 18th I will have a locked schedule for the next 3 months and some days/times I could have gotten will be no longer an option.

I don't mind what time we play so long as we can get a good 5-6 hours or gaming everyweek and I have enough time to make sure I can have that time off from work.

Baltar
10-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Ok.

My time zone is GMT (England). I can do pretty much any evening time on any day. Weekends are particularly good for me.

Brother Julianus
10-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Ok.

My time zone is GMT (England). I can do pretty much any evening time on any day. Weekends are particularly good for me.

Sounds good thanks "B"

EternalShadow
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I am East Coast as well (EST). Any weekday evening is good for me but I would have to end around 11 est on days other than Friday.
I am pretty open on the weekends as well - I have things going on from time to time but I can work them around a regular game time on the weekend.

-ES

Cthuga
10-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Jrandom pointed me at this game, I am interested, available on Tuesdays from about 6:30pm pst onward. I've played in both a Dark Heresy and Deathwatch campaign previously. After reading the blog, I should mention that I am interested in playing a Sister of Battle (and have played one before) and eventually advancing down the Militant branch of the order. Generally speaking, would be a rather stand-offish character to others in the cell that are not also Sisters, especially distrustful of psykers (or witches using the common parlance).

taitzu52
10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey, I got your email, thanks for having me! ~tz

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Hey Cthuga, long time, mang.

Brother Julianus
10-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I appreciate you contacting me; and you are my #7 man reserved (so you are in). For future ref, please do not put in to much info about your character. (Since no one begins knowing each other then there is really no need to tell them anything until game time. For now on if it concerns your character please PM or email me. Thanks

Jrandom pointed me at this game, I am interested, available on Tuesdays from about 6:30pm pst onward. I've played in both a Dark Heresy and Deathwatch campaign previously. After reading the blog, I should mention that I am interested in playing a Sister of Battle (and have played one before) and eventually advancing down the Militant branch of the order. Generally speaking, would be a rather stand-offish character to others in the cell that are not also Sisters, especially distrustful of psykers (or witches using the common parlance).

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Welcome aboard your are our # 6 man

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Welcome aboard your are our # 6 man

Jrandom
10-08-2011, 12:26 PM
A question about dimension. How do the squares on Maptool represent distance in your game? Is a square 1 meter?

Jrandom
10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Another question about character creation/character advancement. From reading the rules, you may only train in a skill or talent once per advancement unless it mentions otherwise (i.e. you can take Sound Constitution only 1x during an advancement). But skills are only offered one during the entire advancement tree, followed by +10 or +20 skill bonuses. When someone has leveled, for the skills they have not taken, do they loose access to the skills for the rest of their advancement?

I was was planning on getting a background package (I won't mention the cost to keep speculation down), that with a prime stat boost and the character is almost on to the 2nd Advancement. There are a bunch of basic skills that are in the 1st advancement that I don't want to get locked out from.

Edit: After speaking with Cthuga, he said that if you buy stats outside of your current advancement, they do not count towards your leveling up xp total.

Brother Julianus
10-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Another question about character creation/character advancement. From reading the rules, you may only train in a skill or talent once per advancement unless it mentions otherwise (i.e. you can take Sound Constitution only 1x during an advancement). But skills are only offered one during the entire advancement tree, followed by +10 or +20 skill bonuses. When someone has leveled, for the skills they have not taken, do they loose access to the skills for the rest of their advancement?

I was was planning on getting a background package (I won't mention the cost to keep speculation down), that with a prime stat boost and the character is almost on to the 2nd Advancement. There are a bunch of basic skills that are in the 1st advancement that I don't want to get locked out from.

Edit: After speaking with Cthuga, he said that if you buy stats outside of your current advancement, they do not count towards your leveling up xp total.

When you go up in Rank you still have access to all ranks you previously held (so you do not loose any choices from a previous rank).

I will always inform you of measurements but the default will be: 1 sq = 1 meter

Brother Julianus
10-10-2011, 07:13 AM
I have not seen anymore replies for playing on Tuesday; as I try and narrow things down, is Tuesdays alright for everyone and if so what are you time limits for this day? Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

We have 3 players with characters made another player who is trying to get a character made not including spouse who is thinking of playing. One player has decided not to make a character (due to not having a specific time when I needed characters to be made). So that leaves us at about 4.5 players (with 4 classes done for sure: Adept, Assassin, Imperial Psyker and a Sororitas) I know it says we are not accepting players, but if anyone knows of someone who is still looking to get in a game it looks like we have one spot maybe two open. I can not edit thread, keeps showing me a blank first page... so let them know and ask them to get their characters turned into me ASAP. Or if you are a player who has not made a character and still plans on playing please let me know and get your character in no later than the 16th, hoping to get a day and time narrowed down so please let me know what days are open to you if you have not.

Baltar
10-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Tuesday should be okay for me, but I am a little confused about the time. Since I am GMT, I'm going to assume that you're all on a large time difference, so where you guys would be playing in, say, the evening, I'd be at morning time.

Are the weekends good for everyone? That's when it would be best for me, for sure.

I have a silly question about how this will be played. Since I am used to playing 'play-by-post' games, I have no idea how this games works otherwise. How will we be playing? A mixture of play by post and online chat?

Generally, when I play, I use invisiblecastle.com to roll and then I can always post my rolls (which are stored) if necessary. It's a reall handy website (although, you're probably all aware of it anyway).

Jrandom
10-10-2011, 08:59 AM
We are using Maptool http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=maptool. It is a virtual game board with a dice roller. The session will be 5-6 hours long, where all the players will be on Ventrillo http://www.instantventrilo.com/download-ventrilo.php. So it will play like an old-fashion session, except instead of everyone being around the dinner table, we will be remote on our computers. If we want to get people in from the UK, we would have to play in the morning in the US. That pretty much means a weekend.

6pm in the UK = 1pm on the East Coast of the USA = 10am on the West Coast of the USA.

Brother Julianus
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks Jrandom for the time difference equation. besides tuesdays how is everyones Saturdays?Could everyone play on Saturdays? I would like Sat better, but let me know for I can adjust. If we played on tuesdays it would likely mean an evening time game unless everyone works in the evening for tuesdays.

crustbucket
10-10-2011, 10:24 PM
if youre still accepting players, i could be available for tuesday nights, 7pm EST (maybe 6ish) to whenever. i could easily have a guardsman ready by the 16th.

Baltar
10-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Saturdays are good for me.

nethru
10-11-2011, 04:48 AM
Sorry Tuesdays won't work with me and kids schedule. Sunday and Mondays are probably best.

EternalShadow
10-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Saturdays are great for me - any time. Tuesday would have to be in the evening EST

Cthuga
10-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Tuesday nights work for me, but only from about 6:30pm PST to 11:30pm PST at the latest. Saturday day will also work for me, but I can't go later than 7pm PST generally that day due to other commitments.

Brother Julianus
10-11-2011, 02:36 PM
How many People could make Saturday at 10am to 4pm PST (that is 1pm to 7pm est) and 6pm to mid night for Balter. This sounds like the best over all time for most players. I am going to have to put this to a vote; please respond if this is a good time or a time that can be met for most players.

Also; I can not view the 1st page of this post to save me, nor the page for "Expanding Darkness" anyone know why? Once we get a confirmed date and time; I am going to repost a new forum with the edited time and date.

Julian

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

if youre still accepting players, i could be available for tuesday nights, 7pm EST (maybe 6ish) to whenever. i could easily have a guardsman ready by the 16th.

I don't know if the game is going to be on Tuesday; but if you can make the day and get a character turned into me... you're still in.

whisperwind1
10-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Hey is it too late to get in on this game?

Cthuga
10-12-2011, 03:59 PM
How many People could make Saturday at 10am to 4pm PST (that is 1pm to 7pm est) and 6pm to mid night for Balter. This sounds like the best over all time for most players. I am going to have to put this to a vote; please respond if this is a good time or a time that can be met for most players.

Works for me.

Baltar
10-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Yep, fine for me. By default I am free Saturday nights.

I assume if something comes up, on an occassional weekend, this will be fine? I'm not saying that it will, but you never know I guess.

Jrandom
10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
That works for me.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Works for me "with regards to playing on Saturday at the quoted times".

Brother Julianus
10-13-2011, 01:51 AM
We are going to set The Calixis Factor for Sat at the proscribed time. For those who can not make it, I am just going to start another game of DH for a day that may run during a time that fits for those who can not make the Sat games. No day will be finalized until the evening of the 18th. After that time I will post the finalized days. (The second game will be called Jericho Factor; and If you plan on playing in the DW game "Expanding Darkness" you can not play in the Jericho factor because some of the campaign content will be linked and the DH game will set up some of the adventures for the DW game. Some missions will be given information based on the results of the players of the DH game.

Anyway I am still having problems view the threads, I can't even view the Expanding Darkness and I can only view the 3rd page of the Calixis factor at this time.

Brother Julianus
10-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I now have the official days and times for the games I will be running. Since I cannot go back and edit this thread. I will be creating a new one with the correct times and dates for all games that I will be running. I will base the amount of players playing by those that have responded that they can make the stated times, if you see that you can make the times please let me know by responding to the new Threads of said game.