PDA

View Full Version : Wild West/Steampunk/Horror

Black Sheep Boy
09-29-2011, 08:38 PM
I am looking for players for a Deadlands: Reloaded campaign. Ideally I am looking for 4 to 5 players but I could start with a smaller group. Looking to get together at least biweekly.

If you are not familiar with DLR this is what the manufacturer's website has to say about the game:

"Deadlands: The Weird West

The year is now 1879, but the history is not our own.

Pinnacle's flagship product is Deadlands, a horrific journey into the "Weird West." Mysterious beings called the Reckoners have given life to monsters and magic, causing history to divert from July 4th, 1863 forward. The South has won its independence, California has shattered into a labyrinth of flooded sea-canyons, and a mysterious super-fuel called "ghost rock" has spawned as much war and strife as it has "steampunk" devices.

Players are steely-eyed gunfighters, card-slinging sorcerers called hucksters, mysterious shamans, savage braves, mad scientists, and more who battle against evil and attempt to prevent the "Reckoning".

The current edition, Deadlands: Reloaded, uses our Savage Worlds system. Prior versions exist for Deadlands "Classic," D20, and GURPS."

The game is billed as wild west/steampunk/horror but I tend to play up the steampunk aspects and play down the horror when I run, it is more interesting to me that way. But don't worry there will still be plenty of walkin' dead and other otherworldly monstrosities.

I could potentially run another Savage Worlds game if people are interested in the system but would rather play dark fantasy, horror/fantasy, space opera, etc. There are a number of interesting Savage Settings.

Rastfar
09-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey BSB,

Actually I just looked into jumping into this game: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/20656-Adventurers-wanted-apply-within
It may end up being Pathfinder, don't know if you're interested according to your profile. So, I don't know if I'll have the availability in time to hook up with you. I also run a 3.5 D&D game every other Saturday. Too bad though as it looks like you are super close. I've actually played Deadlands (the original - maybe like 10 years ago?) and really enjoyed it. Keep me posted as to what your schedule looks like once you've gotten closer to nailing it all down.

Regards,
Rastfar

Black Sheep Boy
10-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I may have found a few recruits if you are possibly still interested. We haven't nailed down a day to meet quite yet, but it would probably be in the late evening. We also haven't decided on the setting quite yet either. There was interest in running Hellfrost which is high fantasy or even Necropolis which is a military sci-fi setting as well as DLR. I'll put the link to Triple Ace Games who make those settings below.

Mike

http://www.tripleacegames.com/Home.php

Rastfar
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Cool. I'm not familiar with the other settings but could certainly learn. I've played so many games/systems over my decades of play that I like to think that I can catch on rather quickly.