PDA

View Full Version : Starting out 4th Edition Vancouver

Tabubob
09-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Hi,

Some friends and I are interested in trying out 4th edition D&D and are looking for a few more players to make things more interesting. We have a DM for the group.

We're looking to play casually (once or twice a month) and will likely start by playing some of the adventure modules such as Keep on the Shadowfell and/or Scales of War.

We're looking for mature players (we're in our late 20's to mid 30's) that ideally are relatively new to 4th edition and haven't played many of the adventure modules.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you would like additional details.

tremulant
09-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Hey, I'm 23 years old, and would be interested in joining your game. I just moved here from Ontario and have been having a hard time finding any active games. I am well experienced with 4th edition, but am not a hard rules lawyer, especially when it comes to newer players. I know you were looking for people new to the game, but if you can manage, I'd be very interested. I've DM'd for about 8 years, so know what I'm doing when it comes to DnD, and wouldn't mind helping teach people or whatever else my skillset could aid with.

Let me know if this is cool!

Thanks,

Eric.

Tabubob
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
That's not a problem at all! I'll give you more specific details via PM.

CRF
09-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi Tabubob,

I have played previous editions of D&D before but have little experience with 4th edition, although I do own some of the books. The only experience I have had with the edition is in playing D&D Encounters a few times.

The idea of everyone being new to the game really appeals to me; especially from what I saw with Encounters, this would eliminate one person knowing more than the others and essentially telling them what their characters should do, completely taking away the sense of wonder of discovering or thinking up something for the first time on your own.

I'm in my mid-30's. The infrequency of games you propose (one or two times per month) fits perfectly with my schedule! I live extremely close by and I would be interested in joining the group.

Cheers,

Christian

Tabubob
09-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey Christian!

Thanks for the reply. Anyone else interested? We can probably take on another person or two.

ignimbrite
10-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Also tentatively interested. My current group is moving from once a week to twice a month so I might be looking for some more gaming to fill in at least one weekend a month. Only ever played 4th ed once, but can get my hands on the material if need to. I play a fair amount of 3.5 so the transition should be ok. Are you still looking for players? What day of the week? Timing etc? PM me please.