PDA

View Full Version : Adventurers wanted, apply within

Amorelia
09-20-2011, 11:27 PM
We, the citizens of Ptolus, are looking for adventurers to help clear some troublespots in, around, and under our city. Our inns and taverns offer very reasonable rates for accommodation and refreshments. The rewards are great for the right team.

Rastfar
09-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Hello Amorelia,

I might be interested. I'm familiar with 3.5 rules (actually would love to get a chance to try Pathfinder but haven't found a game yet...), but am by no means a rules lawyer. Do you know what day/time you are thinking about trying to get together?

Regards,
Sean

Amorelia
09-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi Sean,

I was thinking of Friday evenings, Saturday afternoon/evening, or Sun afternoons (if we do weekend, we could opt for more time and run bi-weekly - whatever the players prefer is fine). Monday evenings are an option, although I do have another commitment once a month.

I figured once we get some interest going, we'll sort out the details that best suit everyone.

If the players want to run Pathfinder instead of 3.5, that's fine with me too... although I have the 3.5 rulebooks but not Pathfinder (other than PDF) so would need to beg/steal/borrow.

L8r,

Ian

Rastfar
09-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Presently I run a (3.5) game every other Saturday, so weekends (Sat./Sun.) may be an issue for me (I've got a wife and two small kids that also like to see me sometimes). I was hoping to try and find something during the weeknights. Though I may be able to swing Friday.

I have the core rulebook for Pathfinder. Nothing else though...

Do you have any other interested players?
Pathfinder has an srd too - http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Amorelia
09-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Yes, I considered that evenings might be preferable for some. Fridays would be fine. I also wonder about the venue... I can easily host and have a good facility (good-sized room, large screen to display a map on, etc.) but understand that Mt Arlington may not be convenient. I work M-F just south of the Rt10/287 junction, so Friday nights in somewhere like Morristown, Parsippany, etc. are less-ideal yet do-able if someone has a venue.

Haven't generated much interest yet, only just started trying to recruit. Any pointers on places / methods to recruit would be welcome.

Rastfar
09-25-2011, 11:32 AM
In my experience, DM's generally like to play in their homes (as they've the most stuff). I don't know if you were planning on running - have a story to tell - or just looking to get in a group and thinking someone else might run a game. Either way, I suspect that once a core group is formed then these discussions will come up again and the solution may become obvious.

Amorelia
09-25-2011, 09:52 PM
I have a campaign to run. Some additional details are at:

http://www.ianvestor.com/rpg/

Rastfar
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Interesting. I churn ideas already...

Thanks!

softinsanity
09-28-2011, 12:30 PM
I'd be interested and live close to mt. arlington. My weekly d&d group has reverted to playing magic(not a fan of that game), so I'd like to get in on something else.

I own 4 pathfinder cores, so borrowing one won't be an issue. I also have 3 3.5 phbs and almost every 3.5 book including all of forgotten realms.(I'm only missing drow of the underdark for the standard set.)

I'd be interested in playing a factotum from dungeonscape. It's like a rogue/bard hybrid and a great 5th wheel.

I am in another Pathfinder game that meets once a month but sometimes skips a month. It meets on saturdays.

I would prefer Fridays.

Amorelia
09-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Looks like Friday nights are on, and we almost have the makings of a group.

I've been working on having a virtual desktop display on a large-screen TV. Would be good for encounters etc.