PDA

View Full Version : Edgwold and Deptford

rjbs
09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
My current 4E D&D group is a lot of fun, but because of scheduling issues, we play pretty rarely. Like, once a month or less. I want to play more often than that, and it turns out that most of my friends are well-adjusted grown-ups who don't want to commit to anything weird like D&D. Fair enough. Solution: start a new game and make new friends.

I will run an ongoing D&D campaign and will do my best to not let it suck. I think I'm a pretty decent DM, but if you don't like it, I will let you walk or storm out as soon as you like. I will try to keep a regular schedule, and will try not to let the game fail to happen just because one player can't make it. I will coordinate scheduling.

http://dudgeonmaster.org/games/beyond/

The game will have plenty of combat and dungeon crawling, but also will require politicking, negotiating, and dealing with lots of NPCs and RP situations.

I will probably run the game at the Bethlehem Area Public Library, because I have a little kid and am not prepared to invite a bunch of D&D-playing weirdos into my house without first feeling pretty sure they're not terrifying lunatics. That means we'll probably play weekend afternoons or maybe Wednesday nights. This is all open to coordination.

The game will be basic D&D, not 4E. If you are a total dork, it will specifically be 1981 Metzner/Cook Basic/Expert D&D, using the Labyrinth Lord Revised Edition retroclone. The entire set of rules you'd need is free to download, and would cost you about $15 to print, so don't panic if you are interested but only own the $80 basic 4E set. This is cheap, and the same set of dice works.

P.S., I am not a terrifying lunatic.

Anaesthesia
09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
@rjbs-if you get a game going, let me know. I'll put it on the meetup calendar.

Jessie
09-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Hello,

I am interested in the campaign you described. I am still in high school, so Saturday afternoons would work for me. I live about 30 miles away, but am willing to travel for DnD. I need to know what level it is. Any information you can possibly email to me would be appreciated because I've only played 3.5 before. I tend to enjoy dealing with role playing NPC rather than just a general hack and slash.

You can email me at gabepfeiffer@comcast.net.

Look forward to playing!
Gabriel Pfeiffer

Zer85
09-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi. My name's Zach. The campaign sounds like exactly the thing my girlfriend and I were looking for. I'm used to the retro version of DnD anyway, and would love a game in that style. We're 26-year-olds. I've got about 15 years of role-playing experience and she's got about five. I live pretty close to the library.
If you've got room for two more people, email me at lindseyzj@yahoo.com.

rjbs
05-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I thought I'd follow up that this game has now been running for several months and has been going well. You can read a bit of what the PCs have been up to at http://dudgeonmaster.org/games/beyond/

...and we're still happy to have more players.