PDA

View Full Version : Looking to play some D&D

daervis
09-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Hello folks, I'm looking to join, or start a new D&D 3.5E/Forgotten Realms/Pathfinder group to play online using some combination of virtual tabletop/voice/chat software. I live in Georgia, which puts me in the EST, and I have a pretty open schedule. I'd be interested in playing an evil character in a party of evils if anyone were interested in that, but that's certainly not key. Also of interest to me is playing in a campaign that is largely, if not entirely urban in it's environments. I'm not skilled at or interested in DMing, so one'll be needed. It's also been a while since I've played, and my only experience playing is with 3/3.5e[with Forgotten Realms], but based on my looking into the Pathfinder system I really don't think I'll have much trouble picking it up if it were decided to use that system. I'm also pretty computer literate, so I know how to use things like ventrilo or teamspeak as well as skype/msn/irc as far as communication software goes. I've also done some looking into the various virtual tabletop software options out there. So if anybody's interested in getting something new started, or has room for one more in an on going campaign then please reply to this thread, or send me a private msg.

shadovar
09-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Well I'm looking to start a game. Of the campaign settings out there, the only one a know well enough to run is Eberon. I could run a shaby version of the sword coast for forgotten realms but thats about it... As for party alienment and make up that is up too the party. Thing of note I much prefer pathfinder and it takes little to nothing to adapt from 3.5 to it as it is simply a upgraded version( their website is www.D20pfsrd.com) If your interested send me a message.

daervis
09-30-2011, 05:40 PM
I can't believe I've only gotten one response from such a seemingly 'lively' crowd. Ah well, consider this bumping a reminder that i've still got time i can spend playing DnD. Much obliged, all.

daerVis

shadovar
10-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Welcome to p&p buddy lolz

BastardKing
10-06-2011, 11:32 PM
I will play D&D 3.5

vesalius
10-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Myself and another are interested in a 3.5 game if there's room available still.

bitemytail
10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I'd be up for an online game as well.

BastardKing
10-13-2011, 12:20 AM
That's enough for a group.

daervis
12-26-2011, 11:23 PM
So after having returned from an unforeseen and lengthy absence I'd like to take this time to 'officially' restate my desire to play some D&D, my apologies in particular to shadovar who I had just begun getting together with(by the by, if you're not too busy or cross with me for abruptly leaving I'd enjoy picking up where we left off, more or less, I'm fairly certain my character is safe and sound online. At any rate, if anyone who's previously posted has an opening I could fill that would be great, if not, perhaps someone else'll read this and wanna play. Be well all,

daerVis

shadovar
12-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Well look at my http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/21417-Return-to-the-temple-of-elemental-evil?p=168120#post168120 new campain daervis

daervis
04-16-2012, 12:30 AM
The title says it all, really. I Want to play D&D online, and have a very open schedule. Which means that I can play several games, several days of the week. It is with great hope that I Implore You to play with me.

daerVis

Nuckanucka
04-17-2012, 08:45 AM
To be frank, I am in quite the same boat. I've been itching to get into a group for a while now, very open schedule, familiar with 3.5 and Pathfinder. If you get things rollin' you can definitely shoot me a message and I'll be in :-)

HaliRyan
04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Same here. ^^

istoaufrien
04-20-2012, 03:27 PM
My Schedule is a little less free, but im open to either 3.x or pathfinder. Very knowledgeable in both. It be better for me to start AFTER the first week in May (finals and all that)

bigdj
04-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Ya, ditto. I have been looking for a online game for a few weeks now and at this point I am open to about anything. I do have some experience with D&D 3.5 and earlier. If we find a GM Im in.

canon
05-07-2012, 03:53 AM
Hi.. I am running a Skype/OpenRPG game Sunday mornings 9am PST that goes until at least 2pm.. It is 2e d&d.. It is a series of short adventures a lot of older modules that I have always wanted to try.. The games should all only be 3-4 sessions.. Right now we are in the middle of Tomb of Horrors (the original) and it is going great.. I need at least 1 more player maybe even two.. we are already talking about characters in the next game that should start in 2 weeks or so. Send me an email or find me on skype, here is my info along with a link to the forum my game is hosted in

Email: robert.ekorn@yahoo.com
Forum: http://s9.zetaboards.com/Mayhem_Gaming/forum/3009176/

daervis
10-27-2012, 12:49 AM
I figure instead of starting a new thread conveying the same information that i'd just post in this one again. i've been away for a while, but i am again looking to play some D&D 3.5 online, or pathfinder if you can tolerate the learning curve for me to pick it up. playing in forgotten realms would be a plus also. if anyone can take on another player then by all means send me a message or reply to this thread. i'm very much wanting to play.

Simetradon
10-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Sounds like you just can't catch a break.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but within the past few months, I've come to understand the online situation. It seems that there are a large number of willing and interested players, yet there are much fewer DM/GM/ST's than could accommodate them all. Getting into a game is often difficult, and finding a decent game with a competent GM is often a stroke of luck.

In economics, this would be represented by a very large demand, but minimal supply. Had I the time, I would run games every night, and sometimes two in one day.

daervis
10-27-2012, 02:21 PM
aye, you are correct. there is certainly a lack of DMs in general who are willing to run an online game. i, at least, have a tough time finding them that's for sure. who knows, maybe i'll get a lucky break on account of my birthday being in two days, heh. that'd make a pretty rad present.

appleseed81
10-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Well, maybe it is fate that i should encounter this post. I had begun to run a game online, but had to stop due to family issues. I have had a hard time finding people in my area that were reliable enough to continue my game and now maybe I should pick it up again. I have a skype account and set up for mic/camera. However, I haven't had the time to look into maptools seriously, and am retarded when it comes to such computer programs, so at first we would be limited to skype. If interested, I can post for more players and work on the game until we get a solid group to give it a go. It would be 3.5 with my own twist.

daervis
10-30-2012, 10:20 PM
well, i'm certainly interested. i'm guessing that the campaign would be started from the beginning...i too have skype with mic & cam, so that solves our basic means of communication. i've not used any sort of virtual tabletop software extensively, though i've seen videos and messed around with some a little bit a while ago. i definitely think that in the long run it would behoove us to use something beyond chat software to both facilitate and enrich online play. we'll at least need a place to store character sheets. the name of the site i've used it the past eludes me, but it's just a google query away. a dice roller, too. at any rate, i don't want to get too ahead of myself, but definitely do what you can to acquire more players. i live in georgia, which is EST. evenings(after 6/7 pm) i think would likely be best for me. i could probably commit myself to playing until maybe midnite, my time, so five or six hours per session. i can adjust these parameters as needed also, i'm just kind of throwing out tentative numbers. you can always send me a private msg on here if you don't want to have to post in this thread and whatnot. i look forward to getting a group together and playing again. it's been a while.

Funkmaster Rick
10-31-2012, 07:56 PM
I would be interested in this game. I currently have games on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons. The rest of the week is free for now. I've been playing D&D on and off when I can find stable groups for more than a decade. Broke my teeth on 2.0, experience in other systems. I love roleplaying and can be very imaginative, but I know how to tone it back to fit in with other people in the party, too.

Send me a PM with your Skype info, appleseed and daervis, so's we can talk about it.

nijineko
11-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Thing of note I much prefer pathfinder and it takes little to nothing to adapt from 3.5 to it as it is simply a upgraded version( their website is www.D20pfsrd.com (http://www.D20pfsrd.com)) If your interested send me a message.

that is not quite correct. the actual pathfinder srd is here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

the one you cited is a third party resource that contains the prd but also adds other open source material which is not in the prd.

i'm not willing to commit to dm'ing or playing in a weekly game yet until i see how things settle out after a few weeks or so. though i am keeping my eyes open.