PDA

View Full Version : [Maptool] D&D 4E Homebrew Campaign

Shananiganeer
09-06-2011, 09:01 AM
1. How many Players are you looking for?
1 more
2. What's the gaming medium?
Maptool + Skype
3. What is the characters' starting status?
Level 12 using standard 22 point buy
4. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard starting wealth (One item of level 11, 12, and 13 plus 9,000 gold)
5. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular?
Nothing written is required, but at least communicate with me an idea of what drives your character and what he/she has been doing from level 1-12. Doesn't need to be huge, just something like "His village was destroyed by zombies and he's been searching for the necromancer responsible slaying all undead he can find." The campaign will be going wherever the players want to take it, so if you can give me a possible plot hook or two you can bet I'll use it.
6. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements?
If WotC printed it, you can use it

The game is on Saturdays starting at 8:30pm MST. Sessions run around 4 hours, longer if all players want to continue and I've got enough prepared. Combat is the main focus of the campaign and the average level of encounters is 3-4 higher then the party, so try and make characters that can handle it. If you're new to 4E, this is not the game for you. The party will start off not knowing each other, so don't worry about trying to incorporate each other into your backstory.

Maptool experience is a plus, but not required. We'll be using version 1.3.b86.

Attendance is a must. If you miss 2 sessions without letting me know prior you will be removed and a replacement found. I understand emergencies happen, but it's too easy to give me a quick call to tell me that you can't make it.

I prefer character sheets from the Character Builder (charname.dnd4e), but I can manually input your character if you don't have it and need to put it up another way. If you have questions hit me up on Skype (ichibaniigamer). Applicants must talk to me at least once before being accepted.

Current Party
Assassin
Wizard
Cleric
Swordmage
-empty-

Jagannatha
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi, my name is John and I'm very interested in joining a paragon level campaign. I'm willing to commit, but I'm unfamiliar with Skype and Maptools. I do have a DDI subscription and have played VT games before.

Highly anticipating a good response to my query... good news, good news. <fingers crossed>

EternalShadow
10-06-2011, 07:48 AM
I am interested as well if there is still a spot open

Jagannatha
10-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I'd like to play as a battle cleric hybrid. Thank you.

Shananiganeer
10-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Shit... forgot I posted this here as well. We currently have 5 players, but I'm willing to take a 6th as long as it's a ranged striker focused on single target damage (read no Sorcerors). Hit me up on Skype (don't PM, it's gotta be Skype) with a sheet by tomorrow and we'll see about getting you in the campaign. If one of you has experience in 4E and the other doesn't the spot will go to the one with experience. If neither of you has experience in 4E, then I'm sorry but there's no room for more fumbling around and going slow (already have a few people with less experience then I'd like). If both of you are experienced, then whoever gets me their sheet first gets the spot.

For char creation, I forgot to mention this in the OP, but no themes and take an expertise feat for free.