PDA

View Full Version : Slayers of Empires

htrajan
09-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Hey guys,

So I'm considering running a fairly small Savage Worlds game. I have one person interested and so far it looks like available times are weekdays (except Thursday) after 8 PM Eastern and any time on weekends.

I'm looking for 3-4 more dedicated players.

Background of the campaign (subject to change based on player preference):

As the Roman Empire continues to expand and conquer any weak nation that stands in its path, the well established Persian Empire is all that stands between it and total domination. Desperate times calls for desperate tactics. Enter Black Plague, a secret taskforce directly commanded by the Persian Emperor designed to snuff out any threat to the Persian Empire, no matter how minor, be it a Roman general or a Persian turncoat. You (the PCs) grew up as "street-urchins" on the streets of Baghdad and acquired killer street-smarts and survival instincts by surviving in this cutthroat world. Your skills have not gone unnoticed, and the prospect of gaining near limitless wealth and infamy as a top Plague assassin beckons to you. Do you heed their call?

The system for this will be Savage Worlds (not to be confused with Savage Tides), and while I can provide you with the rulebook and show you most of the ropes, it will be up to you to become familiar with the system. I'm NOT looking for whiny players who cringe at the thought of putting in even a little work into this themselves. Remember that fun games are fun because both the GM and the players work to make it that way.

I'm currently looking at around 30% RP 20-30% Exploration and Puzzle-Solving and 40-50% Combat, but can adjust these percentages to popular demand.

The medium for this game will most likely be a combination of Maptool and Skype. Voicechat is preferred to help facilitate combat.

If you're interested, you can reply here or contact me via AIM or Skype (htrajan), YIM (htrajan2002), or MSN (tikt4ever@hotmail.com).

exhominem
09-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds like an interesting setting. I haven't played Savage Worlds before, but I'd be willing to give it a go since I've heard good things about it. I've got Skype and have some experience working with Maptools.

htrajan
09-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Great, if you could PM me your contact info or contact me using one of the given methods, we can proceed.