PDA

View Full Version : Beleaguered Thorndale

kuruma
08-24-2011, 01:01 PM
We are a group that has been playing Pathfinder for a few years, but are now looking for a few new players. We meet in Euless every other Saturday night to play a campaign set in Golarion. We also sometimes meet on the Friday of the alternate weekend to paint miniatures or play lighter games like Munchkin (though not everyone participates every time; this is much less formal than our normal game session).

We are in our twenties or thirties and most of us have children, and ideally would like players of at least that age and maturity. In addition, we would prefer players that want to play a fun, relaxed, game, rather than those who feel an obsessive need to "win". Our normal play style is a decent mix of role play and roll play; you'll need your dice, but it's certainly not "bash door/kill monster/loot room/repeat". The house we play at is non-smoking, and we do not tend to take smoke breaks.

Fly by Knight
08-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Hello,

My name is Tom and I live in Highland Village.

I am wondering what times you play. I understand its every other Saturday but can you elaborate on the rotation and also do you play all night long or like from 7-11?

I am an experienced gamer with limited Pathfinder experience. I played with a group for about a year in the King Maker modules. Also I play on line here on this site every Wed night on chat.

I'm 41 years old. I am a computer technician and work down town for a law firm. I am married and my wife is pregnant with our first kid. I dont smoke either.

Look forward to hearing from you.

FallenHammer
08-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi, my name is Patrick and used to live in Euless. My girlfriend and I recently moved to Watauga, to be closer to work. I'm 40 years old, and work for AT & T - 15 years and counting. I'm a non-smoker.

I started playing AD&D in the early/mid-eighties, but stopped playing in highschool. I have recently started playing again with 2 groups using the Pathfinder rules/books, and have loved it. I would also be interested in finding more information about your Saturday rotation. What time do you usually start/finish, and what are the dates for your rotations? Also, what level characters are you currently playing with? Would it be possible to join the group with a 1st level character?

Take Care,

Patrick

nbates
08-28-2011, 04:09 AM
Hi kuruma.

I live in Irving and will be moving to North Richland Hills in November. I'm 28 and just now starting to get interested in RPG's, so I have no experience. Would you be interested in accepting a brand new player? Perhaps I won't be able to play right away, but would love to attend anyway just to watch and find out what goes on.

My knowledge so far comes from what I've read in the D&D 4 Player's Handbook, and I am about to purchase the "red box" starter kit and dungeon master's kit. Please check my profile and let me know what you think.

Thank you!

Elguapo72
08-29-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm in North Arlington 39
Lots of RPg Experience plus I love Munchkin. I own several sets
Sounds good to me.

Deathcommando
09-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Hello,

I live in Euless, a small number of miles away. Don't have any experience with Pathfinder, but am willing to learn. Most of my experience is with D&D 4e, Savage Worlds, and Star Wars Saga edition. One year shy of my twenties, but should have the maturity that you are looking for.

Let me know if you would be interested.

WindsorJim
10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Are you still looking for players?