PDA

View Full Version : Writing Panel (Also in the feedback section)

Soft Serve
08-22-2011, 12:03 AM
This thread is also in the feedback section where it'll get maybe 5 views and 0 responses... But the idea is to have a panel of writers come up with adventure or campaign hooks for other players here. And I say a "panel" because P&PG covers several genres and one person would be hard pressed to find time to write for so many.

Maybe the panel is just a place where people send submissions for adventure hooks and a few people sort through and pick the best to be posted.

Or there's only like 4 writers and two of them write for some genres one week, and the other two take the other week or something like that. Something that we can all decide and agree on.

And like I said in the Feedback section this is unlikely to receive any attention, but I really want to know if anyone supports this idea.

Malruhn
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't mind being involved... my mind started spinning ideas as I read your post.

Although Fantasy is my main genre, I can keep the ideas generic enough to be used by any/all. Give some details and I'll start writing.

Soft Serve
08-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Well now that I've thought about it, this could technically happen in the blogs section, but it wouldn't get very popular there. P&PG used to have a thing where players asked Farcaster and other DMs about their gaming issues and they offered their advice, but I don't see it anymore. I'd want this to be similar to that column which made the home page every time it posted.

Farcaster
08-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I would agree -- the homepage is desperately in need of some updated content. If you put something together, I'd be glad to support getting it up on the front page as part of a series of articles.

Soft Serve
08-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I would agree -- the homepage is desperately in need of some updated content. If you put something together, I'd be glad to support getting it up on the front page as part of a series of articles.

That just made my sinus infection filled day a pretty happy one.

So now this is a recruitment thread. Who wants to write and for what genre?

Personally I've explored Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror, and Superhero games before.

(Also I'm adding this URL to my signature...)

jpatterson
08-22-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't have the creativity to maintain a consistent output, but I have three or four things that I've made that I would submit, if you just take submissions. One example would be: http://www.zanysite.com/tabletoprpgfun/files/wfrp/scen-wfrp-intothewarrens.pdf

Pieh
08-22-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm interested in collaborating with other like-minded writers to create adventure content for the rest of the community. I think this is a great idea, it just needs some structure. It will require someone to collect and piece together the information into a readable format, it would also help to have a weekly goal (like 3 hooks and 1 adventure). I'm just going to volunteer to collaborate on adventures for the fantasy/horror/sci-fi genres and hope that someone grabs this and runs with it. Good luck.

Malruhn
08-22-2011, 10:33 PM
While I do have some interesting ideas, being the "creative" type isn't really my thing - I'm more of a wonderful Second Banana.

When put in a brainstorming session, I just sit around going, "hrrr drrrrr" until someone comes up with an idea - no matter how wonderful or stupid it might be - and THAT kick-starts my imagination, and I take off from there. BUT - I do have a bunch of stuff set up that I have stolen from other sources that I can put down on (e-)paper.

Soft Serve
08-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Pieh is right, this does need some structure to it. An idea of what exactly the project at hand should be when all is said and done. I submit that we cover the main 4 genres on P&PG. (Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror, and Superheroes. I'm excluding Modern because it only has like 65 threads...).

What I don't want to do is make this a defined schedule kind of thing. By that I mean I don't want anyone to feel like this is a job, so the weeks should be flexible enough that someone who has an idea can publish it without feeling like they just covered another writers obligation. On top of that there's nothing saying that these each have to be individual works. Maybe two or three of us get together to help someone finish out a hook, or whatever the case may be.

On top of the (2 or so) hooks that we write, we could add a user submission (to make 3 published pages a week). Actually the entire thing could technically be called user submissions, except with a select few users who are guaranteed a published spot.

To recap, the project should have some definitive writing staff who will be able to provide stories, but flexible enough that no one is obligated to publish something "Every week" or "every two weeks" and instead can work around who has an idea, or who is suffering from writers block. And if there ever does come the need for filler, than submissions could be reviewed and edited to whatever format we decide to use, or included with the actual publishing anyway to add more weekly content.

I hope this makes sense because my brain hurts now.

jpatterson
08-23-2011, 03:36 AM
Have you thought of having a set format for the adventures or hooks, so everything will have an internal and modular consistency, where X number of criteria need to be met or filled out for each piece, sort of like the Five Room Dungeons? Perhaps even a specific structure for the adventures and hooks, so there is the same essence of structure or formula for the submissions themselves? I don't know if that's something you're wanting or not.

Malruhn
08-23-2011, 08:23 AM
I second that - even if it's a crappy offering, at least the formatting will be there to give us a template from whence to start.

Also, where/how are they submitted? Posted on here? E-mailed or messaged to you? Written in crayon on lambskin and picked up by a passing crow?

cplmac
08-23-2011, 01:02 PM
So this would be looking for something like the encounter my Tsojcanth, Search for the Drow group did when they came across the group of Ghoul Hags? It would basically be that encounter section of a premade module for people to use in their game. I would like to see this work as it would help with getting encounters for my game without having to think them all up myself. Also, just because a particular entry may be written for a particular edition of a system, it can always be adapted to other editons. Just need to adjust the stats where needed.

I also would agree with the not having a set submission time/schedule. I think that is what helped lead to the demise of the "Ask the DM" concept. People started to feel that it was like being at work instead of being part of the gaming hobby that we all enjoy.

Also, want to be sure and mention that the Ghoul Hag creature is actually something that I borrowed from Tesral and made it fit into my 2E campaign.

Soft Serve
08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Have you thought of having a set format for the adventures or hooks, so everything will have an internal and modular consistency, where X number of criteria need to be met or filled out for each piece, sort of like the Five Room Dungeons? Perhaps even a specific structure for the adventures and hooks, so there is the same essence of structure or formula for the submissions themselves? I don't know if that's something you're wanting or not.

I have, but I haven't settled on anything within myself that I believe good enough to post yet. So needless to say, I'm open to ideas.

So far though I've though of giving writers some options. Hooks, being the first steps in a campaign or adventure (depending on how the DM plays it) I think would be a good focus for us (at least to start), but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing full adventures that reach somewhere at 5-7 pages (without statistic blocks) at some point down the road.

Speaking of statistic blocks... I don't believe them necessary for what we'll be doing, since the idea is a generic thing for any game of that genre, although I wouldn't mind if they were included. Plus anyone reading it could most likely find a way to convert them to whatever game they wanted and keep the same story. I also remember never using a hook exactly as it was written anyway and only using the idea as an inspiration, so Statistic Blocks are completely up to the author.

I second that - even if it's a crappy offering, at least the formatting will be there to give us a template from whence to start.

Also, where/how are they submitted? Posted on here? E-mailed or messaged to you? Written in crayon on lambskin and picked up by a passing crow?

Again on formatting I'm still thinking, but taking ideas. I'm going to post a big collective thread here later and see how that soon-to-be wall of text hits everyone.

So this would be looking for something like the encounter my Tsojcanth, Search for the Drow group did when they came across the group of Ghoul Hags? It would basically be that encounter section of a premade module for people to use in their game. I would like to see this work as it would help with getting encounters for my game without having to think them all up myself. Also, just because a particular entry may be written for a particular edition of a system, it can always be adapted to other editons. Just need to adjust the stats where needed.

I also would agree with the not having a set submission time/schedule. I think that is what helped lead to the demise of the "Ask the DM" concept. People started to feel that it was like being at work instead of being part of the gaming hobby that we all enjoy.

Also, want to be sure and mention that the Ghoul Hag creature is actually something that I borrowed from Tesral and made it fit into my 2E campaign.

Yes, it would be basically a section of an adventure (if it's a hook, than it's the beginning of the adventure) which would be open for anyone to see and read and use for free (as this is all a volunteer effort.)

And like I said above, I don't see statistic blocks being necessary, but even if they are included they could (or should) be easily converted to whatever system.

Pieh
08-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Loose schedule sounds good and I agree with keeping the posts as system-neutral as possible, like the great writers over at www.Strolen.com do so very well. Random idea for structure: There could be a general hook, genre setting, and maybe key details that need to be implemented, but overall free to fill in the blanks. This would be a fun exercise in adventure writing, especially if we each had a say in what the key elements were. One you have that set of things, I think it would be easy to imagine an adventure from there, right? I'm still interested and ready to get some writing done.

Soft Serve
08-23-2011, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't mind group writing at all, but I also know that the occasional story I'd like to produce of my own efforts. So group projects are good, solo projects are good, a little of both should be encouraged.

jpatterson
08-24-2011, 05:02 AM
While I think statblocks are helpful, I agree they're not a requirement, but maybe at least a generic idea could be given for creatures, like "Combat: Exceptional" or something. As for the genericness of the adventures and stuff, I think that needs to be limited - the whole point of having plot hooks and adventures is to be able to pull out a predone work and use it with just a tad of personalization, so one doesn't have to write something from scratch in an hour when the gaming group arrives. Keeping the submissions too broad is a mistake, if you plan for this to be something people can use as an actual resource for things they can go to, in order to have quick-use tidbits or full adventures. Otherwise it might as well BE Strolen's, and that site already exists so there's no point in this project whatsoever.

Soft Serve
08-24-2011, 04:55 PM
I just wrote a huge reply to you JP, and instead of clicking "Post Quick Reply" at the bottom hit "+Reply to Thread" at the top. Which of course takes you to a new page...

In a nutshell what I wrote was this.

We could have a generic game-per-genre that we write for and offer suggestions at the end of the story for conversions to other games. The pros of that include having at least one group of readers with little work to do, and it makes envisioning the stat blocks (if there aren't any) pretty much easier for everyone. The cons would be that some people might not even consider reading the hook if it's not for the game they're playing, some might be too lazy to convert, and it's a lot more work on the author writing it. Plus it makes us look like we pick favorites I think, unless we changed the game from time to time. (or edition at least from 3.5 to 4e in the case of D&D.)

I would like to see this have it's own section for "Drafts" which would be exclusive to regular or frequent writers who could post and ask for advice on their upcoming hooks. As well as an "Archive" for hooks gone by for the readers. Although I must defer to Farcaster on making changes to the forums (or even if those changes are possible.) It's just a suggestion.

Lastly I mentioned that I have, since yesterday, been writing a Horror hook that I'd like to post up here and show you my idea of guidelines, although today I'm rather busy so I might not get it posted tonight.

Q-man
08-26-2011, 09:05 AM
I'd be interested in contributing ideas to this. I've thought for some time about putting such things into blog posts, but got lazy about typing and formatting them. If there's a better place to put such material where other folks can offer suggestions and make edits to improve the piece that'd be fantastic.

Soft Serve
08-27-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd be interested in contributing ideas to this. I've thought for some time about putting such things into blog posts, but got lazy about typing and formatting them. If there's a better place to put such material where other folks can offer suggestions and make edits to improve the piece that'd be fantastic.

That's the idea Q-Man. I just started a second job and getting overtime on my first one (which I'm quitting soon) so this last week has been a hassle. But here in a few minutes (I'm just finishing my edits) I'm going to post my hook in the formatting idea I've got.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Actually scratch that.... Later tonight. I'm re-doing an entire part that I've decided to change and it's going to be a while. :p

(I'm a perfectionist with my own work.)

Malruhn
08-27-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm up for it.

Just keep soliciting and stockpile submissions so if 5 writers submit ten articles the first week, we aren't put off for ten weeks... then have to "scramble." Keep pushing and prodding - and hopefully we will have enough to keep you fat and happy for quite a while.

Cogito ergo ergot suma - I think, therefore diseased wrestlers.

Soft Serve
08-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Sorry. I tried pasting part of the story here from Microsoft Word but it got a little screwed up since this doesn't double space or take the font or color changes which I used to mark GM specific parts. So I'll be fixing that...

jpatterson
08-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Are you thinking anything like these? Both setups allow members to submit and download articles and attached files, like pdfs, for free, and share rpg resources as a community.

http://www.zanysite.com/test1

or

http://www.zanysite.com/test2

Soft Serve
08-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Ok I've decided finally to not even use that one I've been writing and save it for when we start. So for intents and purposes I'm just going to give a formatting example with some stuff I pull out of the top of my head and type in here real quick.

That being said this should end up pretty far south of my average writing quality. Or at least I expect it too. So don't judge my talents based only on what follows. Quote tags being my own personal notes on the formatting and story or whatever.

I want to begin with a kind of layout of what the reader can expect ahead. An easy to read breakdown, that if at all possible, should be in the Subject before they even click it.

Name :: Manta's Insanity
Genre :: Horror
Game :: Non-specified.
Stats? :: No
Environment(s) :: Urban, Seaborne
Length :: ??

So right off the bat you know this is going to be a horror hook that should be able to fit any game as it's non-specified and lacks stats. (Which means the reader can just swap monsters or traps or whatever he wants.)

I included an Environment(s) area for GMs to know where they should get their players before trying this hook out.

I also included a Length area but for the intent of this display hook it's going to be a radically shortened version of what we write. So I wasn't sure what to call it. I'd assume a short hook would be like 2-4 hours long and some longer ones could run a gaming event a few sessions? We can talk about that later though.

And here in the next part I'm calling "The Introduction" is where I'd like to set up the story. All the background information that the players and GMs can read to know if they want to get into this hook without having to read further into the details.

One sunny and average day in the tropical resort village named Sapphire Springs, their flagship of all future cruise liners set sail with a full passenger manifest and was prepared for a 14-day trip to various sites with several on-deck entertainment areas.

5-days into the trip the ship was declared "lost-at-sea". 2-months in, and rescue teams gave up hope. They scanned the bottom of the ocean floor, and used aerial search teams and satellite imagery to try and trace the ship. No one found a thing.

7-months after that (9 after the maiden voyage) and Sapphire Springs has hit it's seasonal slow patch and is looking for any god publicity. When they receive a transmission from the flagship... Almost entirely static, but with a few clear patches, the recording was sent to audio labs who managed to get this out of it...

"...tension is a gate of sorts....<static>...everyone... I don't know...They flipped....<static>....Find me. Find all of us... <loud banging followed by a piercing screech. The voice tries to talk over the noise, but only a few parts are audible.> Navigation says <the speaker is breathing heavily, and carrying the recording equipment with him. He's occasionally interrupted by howls, clicks, and screeches which are accompanied by loud bangs.> Ship is moving back to Sapphire Spri -gasp- <The speaker is choking. Only his last words are audible over the howls, and through strained voice.>...them I love them!"

The audio labs cut out the sounds of the mans death, and the long period of silence before the broadcast stopped and auto-sent. Sapphire Springs has taken from this disturbing tape that the ship has been taken over by someone or something unnatural. And they as a business, feel it best to send a research team in to search if the change is in any way, their fault legally. After their tracks are covered they'd be more inclined to send a style of law-enforcement.

That's where the PC's come in...

If your players need more motivation to get their characters into the hook, or if any of these fit into your game, feel free to use them.

-Sapphire Springs will offer a LARGE amount of money to keep this event private, and the fact that you've been paid under the table a secret as well.

-One of the PC's family members could have been abroad the ship.

-If you would like, alter the broadcast message to mention the name of a person or object the PC's are looking for. Or even make the recording voice one that is familiar to the PC's.

So far now, we've got an introduction that offers some background story to the hook to come, and a few suggestions on how to tie it into the game or get the characters / players motivated about playing it.

I figure we can talk about the introduction and subject first, then once we've decided how we want to do that part we can move on to the actual story and key events of the hook and how we want it all to look when it comes together.

What I'm basically saying is, we should take baby steps and work this out one area at a time.

Q-man
08-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Name :: Manta's Insanity
Genre :: Horror
Game :: Non-specified.
Stats? :: No
Environment(s) :: Urban, Seaborne
Length :: ??

We should probably specify genre and setting; something like Horror/Modern Day this way it'll be easier to identify what games systems this can be used for without thematic editing.

One sunny and average day in the tropical resort village named Sapphire Springs, their flagship of all future cruise liners set sail with a full passenger manifest and was prepared for a 14-day trip to various sites with several on-deck entertainment areas.

5-days into the trip the ship was declared "lost-at-sea". 2-months in, and rescue teams gave up hope. They scanned the bottom of the ocean floor, and used aerial search teams and satellite imagery to try and trace the ship. No one found a thing.

7-months after that (9 after the maiden voyage) and Sapphire Springs has hit it's seasonal slow patch and is looking for any god publicity. When they receive a transmission from the flagship... Almost entirely static, but with a few clear patches, the recording was sent to audio labs who managed to get this out of it...

"...tension is a gate of sorts....<static>...everyone... I don't know...They flipped....<static>....Find me. Find all of us... <loud banging followed by a piercing screech. The voice tries to talk over the noise, but only a few parts are audible.> Navigation says <the speaker is breathing heavily, and carrying the recording equipment with him. He's occasionally interrupted by howls, clicks, and screeches which are accompanied by loud bangs.> Ship is moving back to Sapphire Spri -gasp- <The speaker is choking. Only his last words are audible over the howls, and through strained voice.>...them I love them!"

The audio labs cut out the sounds of the mans death, and the long period of silence before the broadcast stopped and auto-sent. Sapphire Springs has taken from this disturbing tape that the ship has been taken over by someone or something unnatural. And they as a business, feel it best to send a research team in to search if the change is in any way, their fault legally. After their tracks are covered they'd be more inclined to send a style of law-enforcement.

That's where the PC's come in...

If your players need more motivation to get their characters into the hook, or if any of these fit into your game, feel free to use them.

-Sapphire Springs will offer a LARGE amount of money to keep this event private, and the fact that you've been paid under the table a secret as well.

-One of the PC's family members could have been abroad the ship.

-If you would like, alter the broadcast message to mention the name of a person or object the PC's are looking for. Or even make the recording voice one that is familiar to the PC's.

I like the idea of splitting it up between background information for the GM as well as a section where the players get involved. This way its clear what all stays behind the screen and what gets put in front of the players.

Now is the intent of these to be just to offer plot hooks, similar to what you've put in your example, or should we offer some additional information about future events that might be the scenes the adventure goes through?

Soft Serve
08-31-2011, 10:29 PM
We should probably specify genre and setting; something like Horror/Modern Day this way it'll be easier to identify what games systems this can be used for without thematic editing.

I like the idea of splitting it up between background information for the GM as well as a section where the players get involved. This way its clear what all stays behind the screen and what gets put in front of the players.

Now is the intent of these to be just to offer plot hooks, similar to what you've put in your example, or should we offer some additional information about future events that might be the scenes the adventure goes through?

Yes. Key events mainly. The part above is just an introduction, but I was still fighting with myself about how I wanted the rest of it to look. Right now I'm submitting this...

Interview with C.E.O. Carter.

Finally the secretary calls your group into the office. You've been sitting and waiting on this "Mr. Carter" for 30 minutes now with nothing but old magazines about rich people and cigars to entertain you. His office is dull and painted slate grey with some blue, barely cushioned, fold-out chairs for guests. Carter looks up and meets your stare before standing and offering to shake hands.

"Hello. I've heard you're interested in our offer regarding the investigation of the Sapphire Springs Flagship?" Carters voice is rough like it's been filtered through with gravel. His hands are calloused and have clearly seen days long ago of hard work. His grip is strong and his gaze is unwavering. You could almost compare it to the thousand yard stare a soldier gets after his first confirmed kill.

Carter is going to try and pressure the PC's during his interview. He wants to know their honest motivation for searching the ships and then he wants to figure out exactly how much they have to gain. After he learns what it's all worth to them. He'll start talking price...

The reference to a "Soldier" and the hints at his strength and "confirmed kills" as well as a shrewd business sense regarding money should tip off the players that Carter isn't just a desk jockey, and they'd be right. He's an assassin hired by Sapphire Springs just for this event to keep the investigators reporting to him. If they find too much incriminating evidence on SS, then he's ordered to put them down and sink the ship and all it's secrets. He's only hired to kill on a need-to basis though, so there's a chance he might not even come into play that much.

================================================== ===========

The above key section should also feature some questions and tips on how to run Carter so he sounds more crotchety and just hostile enough to annoy the PC's, but not seem straight bad-guy like he is. Which I would write if I had more time honestly....

But the idea is to highlight key sections like that interiew in bold. The next section would probably be the trip to the boat which would involve details like...

"The storm seems to heighten as your ship approaches the Sapphire Springs Flagship. Once you get close you notice that the rain almost magnetically attracts to the hull. Like it all wants to come down in this one area. The water is actually remarkably calm for a heavy storm like this, and is almost immediately commented on by the other members of the crew who ferried you out here."

Which should tip them off that something supernatural is happening on board. So basically just bold title of event, description and tips on how to run the event, then on to the next bold title and description. Maybe make some of them room specific. But the idea is to leave the gaps up to the GM. How the players move from one event to another, and (so long as it doesn't matter) what order they happen in.

SDJThorin
09-01-2011, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't mind joining up :)

Soft Serve
09-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Alright so right now I think we have Myself, Thorin, and Q-Man at least. Pieh and Jpat I think are maybes. And also a little dead here in the last few days.

Q-man
09-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I think that format looks good for now. I'm sure once we start actually making use of it we'll have more suggestions, its hard to think about what will actually be necessary without having done some of the writing. There are a few ideas i've been kicking around that I'll try and get into the format and see how it looks.

How exactly should we handle submissions, suggestions, and criticisms? I'm guessing that we'll create some sort of group for the team involved in this effort. This way we can create threads for each of the stories being worked on, or something a bit more organized than just piling it all into a single thread.

Soft Serve
09-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I was honestly hoping that we could get a section that only we could start threads in but that other people could reply to. Then naturally the starting threads would be the hooks and such.

That may be asking too much, but I'll PM Farcaster and see what he says.

Soft Serve
09-11-2011, 06:38 PM
So far I've got five writers who have signed up.

SDJThorin :: Fantasy & Sci-Fi.

Q-Man :: Fantasy & Horror

Jpatterson :: Fantasy and has a focus on Warhammer FRP

Pieh :: Unspecified so far.

Malruhn :: Fantasy specialty, but Generic altogether, would also like to perform as an editor.

Myself :: and I consider myself to be able to write generally anything as I've dabbled in most genres. (Western, Superhero, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, etc.) and I'll also be editing.

Still taking more offers to write though. Any volunteers with a decent amount of creativity are very welcome to apply. Just send me a PM with any genres you want to cover.

As it sits I believe all that's left is to see where Farcaster wants us to start posting and organize a start date after we've been situated.

jpatterson
10-06-2011, 04:31 AM
So what is happening with this? I have one scenario mostly completed, and still have another fresh enough I should be able to write it out completely without much trouble, if I can maintain incentive.

Soft Serve
10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
So what is happening with this? I have one scenario mostly completed, and still have another fresh enough I should be able to write it out completely without much trouble, if I can maintain incentive.

I had some things stolen from my house by the babysitter this last week, so I've been meeting with detectives and filing a police report and what-not. But I believe we are just waiting on me to form a Social Group and then have FC create our section.

And so long as there are no complaints (or submissions) I'll probably name it like "P&PG Writers Panel" or something boring.

(Which I will be doing tomorrow evening/night as tonight I'm taking over for the recently fired babysitter and I work days.)

jpatterson
10-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Wow, tough break - but potential idea for a plot hook.

I suppose the Writer's Panel is as good as any, that's what your threads have been named, and is pretty to the point. Unless of course you went with "PPG Hookers Guild" or something - that would also be concise and simple. It seems like there might be a problem with the name but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Soft Serve
10-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Wow, tough break - but potential idea for a plot hook.

I suppose the Writer's Panel is as good as any, that's what your threads have been named, and is pretty to the point. Unless of course you went with "PPG Hookers Guild" or something - that would also be concise and simple. It seems like there might be a problem with the name but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Penandpapergames
Incredibly
Masterful

P.I.M.P.S.

(Really though, I'm going with the Writers Panel. :D)

Nitehood
11-02-2011, 11:32 PM
A Wonderful Idea! I'll contibute. One shot sessions are prtty simple.

~Nitehood

TadK
11-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I could contribute to this

Q-man
11-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Nitehood and TadK I'm sure you'd be more than welcome to join in, and your help would be appreciated as well. Unfortunately Soft Serve is in charge of the group and he had some family things come up recently that's kept him from the forum for the past month.

I'm not sure how the permissions are set, but you can visit the group over here (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=442) and possibly have a look at the discussions we had started about how things were intended to work as well. You might also be able to have a look at the two adventures I put up to get an idea on how the formatting for them should look, there's also a few posts from Soft Serve in this thread that explains it as well.

I suppose you can start working ideas into that format so that you're all set to post them once Soft Serve gets back and get get you a proper invite.

TadK
12-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Well working on a few submissions for Protodimension Magazine www.protodimension.com and our local gaming guild irregular gaming emag (all of it myself this time for www.lakeland-rpg.com) so I will have a 3 to 5 page vignette at least within a few weeks, tops. Just slotting it into my other stuff on tap right now.