PDA

View Full Version : Perils of the Post-Future - FATE - Metro-Detroit

admiral.ironbombs
08-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Looking for players for a FATE-based science fiction game in the Metro-Detroit area.

What: FATE is the award-winning system that powers Spirit of the Century and the Dresden Files RPG. It's an indie game that balances strong roleplaying with cinematic adventure, and while it's a little rules-light, it has a solid amount of crunch. I'm running Starblazer Adventures (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=56969), a FATE-powered game based on an obscure 70s-80s British anthology comic; Starblazer is pretty setting-agnostic, so I'll be running my own setting. Think the more space opera-y parts of Traveller and Fading Suns with some other elements thrown in (MechWarrior, among others). Warring factions of humans colonizing the galaxies. A lot of pulp and retro elements, some intrigue, and a lot of science fiction tropes.

Who: I have ~2 interested players, want totals of at least 4 and at most 6. Looking for people who like a good mix of roleplaying and action, since that's what FATE is all about. Looking for consistent players who like thinking more than hack-and-slashing, who take the game at least somewhat seriously, and are willing to have fun. I'd be glad to train new players, since this is a relatively obscure system.

Not handicapped accessible, no smoking in the house (outdoors is fine), and I do have a dog, so not a good place if you have allergies. Looking for mature people who like having a solid group dynamic. Basically, just follow common courtesy: consistently show up, bathe regularly, don't disturb the neighbors, no hardcore drunks/druggies, no unnecessary drama. This is my house; my rules.

Where: My place, Clawson, Michigan. Roughly 14 and Livernois, ~6 miles from 696 and 2 miles from I-75.

When: Saturday afternoon/evenings, preferably weekly/biweekly. Exact times and duration will be left up to the players.

If you're interested, please post. Or send me a PM, especially if you're curious about FATE and how it works.

inazuma
08-24-2011, 12:01 PM
The group is still looking for a couple more players.

-Steve.

admiral.ironbombs
09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Status Update:

Looks like things are set for starting in another two weeks. Currently there are three more or less confirmed players, though I wouldn't mind a fourth to round things out, and wouldn't mind rolling in new players after things get started.

admiral.ironbombs
02-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Status Update:

We've ran a couple of sessions, trying to get things off the ground, and ran into work-related time conflicts. So, we could really use two (or more) players interested in a fast, fun, and creative space opera campaign.

Willing to teach new players the rules, which are actually very simple, yet still complex and rounded. If you're a proactive, self-directed gamer who loves science fiction, shoot me a message.

admiral.ironbombs
03-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Status Update:

Since we lost half of our players to work-related time conflicts, Perils is in hiatus. I'm still interested in running it, and would like to reset/reboot at a new starting point if I hear from any new players.

Zimm
09-16-2012, 09:45 AM
I am very interested if this is still goin on?