PDA

View Full Version : Android Apps?

Barry
08-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi I just got an android phone, I wanted to any what are some good apps to get?

I found a few on the android app site.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.glasses.tryout
Kind of practical but moreso funny. You take a picture of yourself and use virtual shades on them. Can produce some funny results. :lol:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vlingo.client
Pretty cool voice recognition app, set of commands possible with the use of your voice.

I know Iphone is more popular. But anyone here has an android or any good apps on it?

funkybabeone
08-30-2011, 04:06 AM
Yes these are really good. Tom Cat is also good application try that.

Slipstream
09-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi Barry,

Here's my list of favorite apps:
Amazon Kindle - don't own a real Kindle, but finding the ability to read books like I had one anywhere is pretty sweet.
App 2 SD Free - Very helpful app in helping you determine which apps can be sent to the SD card, as Android natively doesn't tell you automatically
ESV Bible - good for getting your reading in on the fly
CraigNotifica - great Craigslist searcher
Dropbox - everyone's favorite friend in the cloud
Evernote - everyone's favorite note taking friend in the cloud
ezPDF Reader - Buy this. Do not mess with Adobe Reader. It is fail all over. ezPDF Reader pays you back your $1.99 in ease of use almost instantly. You'll be glad you did, especially if you need to source a RPG pdf quickly on the go.
FlightView Free - picking up friends and family at the airport is very helpful with this app.
Google products - Google+, Reader, Mail... if you live on Google, might as well pick these up.
OneBusAway - If you live in Seattle, this is a mandatory real-time bus app
Skype - I'm leary to suggest this one. Desktop wise, I adore Skype, but I'm not in love with this clunky mobile app. D/L with discretion. Helpful in some cases
Tape-a-Talk - freebie recording app for notes when you want to save your thumbs

Hope some of those help ya out.