PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Files RPG

Kral
08-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Was thinking of GM'ing or Playing a DFRPG game. I'd like to do it in person (Athens, GA), but I'll default to Online if I can't get the players.
Further details subject to players.
Interested? Contact me via aschekalt@yahoo.com .

Kral
08-14-2011, 10:33 PM
For a quick over-view of why the FATE system is amazing: http://rpggeek.com/thread/536758/city-character-creation .
If you need the DF RPG books, email me, and I'll send you pdf's.

Dark Maiden
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
What day? I'd be interested for a monday or tuesday. (Online LOL)

Kral
08-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Date would be decided once there's enough interest. Dresden Files isn't a big enough name that we can afford to be picky.

Kral
08-17-2011, 02:12 PM
As far as a city goes, I was thinking somewhere in the Northeast. Lots of good material up there.

Oliver
09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Interested.

Kral
09-12-2011, 12:23 AM
We have 3 so far, we need 5-6. This will be Online.

Dark Maiden
09-12-2011, 08:24 AM
counting me?

Mr Stabby
09-12-2011, 05:35 PM
If it is a Monday or Wednesday I might be interested as well. FATE system correct?

Kral
09-12-2011, 07:19 PM
We have: Kral, Dark Maiden, Xeno, Will, and Mr. Stabby (maybe). We need 4-5 Players and a GM. It's worth noting that I want to play. I'm tired of GMing games, and I'll hand off group organization to the GM.
Yes, it's FATE. With a Dresden Files twist, the Rulebooks are quite good, very entertaining and well written. If anyone needs a Rulebook, let me know and I'll email you one.

XenoZiden
09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
I cannot Play Mondays, Thursdays or Saturdays.

Kral
09-15-2011, 06:07 PM
A thorough reading of the Dresden Files- Your Story rulebook is a must. Emphasis should be put on the Aspects and Character/World Creation sections, as they are the core of the game. Reading Our World is highly reccomended. I have pdf's, if needed.

talysian
09-16-2011, 09:55 AM
If it's sun, mo, tue or thur I would be interested.

Kral
09-16-2011, 11:06 AM
We have seven interested people, though more can always apply. Now we need to think on organization. Anyone interested in being the GM? I would, but A) I'm sick of GMing, B) I haven't played in years, and C) I have a character or two I'm very interested in. GMing for DFRPG looks much more interesting and easier than in a typical RPG.

Caldfyr
09-17-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm interested in playing.

Kral
09-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Alright, I've an idea for a short story. Should last around three sessions, and be ready in a week or so. I'll keep you updated.
What you should know so far:
: We will not be using the full scope of the DFRPG, in that City and Character creation will be done lightly. Unlike a normal story, I will be designing the environment mostly without player input, and character creation itself will not be as extensive as usual. As befits a Short Story concerning mostly mortals. There will not be a session or two solely devoted to C&C creation.
: 5 Refresh
: 15 Skill points
: Supernatural abilities on a case-by-case basis, but they will be minor.
: Your character needs to have a family member or close friend either missing or acting very strangely.
: Though I will be the one to mostly make the environment, I'm open to suggestions. As far as the environment goes, it will be a small town. Further details later.
: READ THE "YOUR STORY" RULEBOOK. Minimize rule discussion in-game, maximize the play. And it's an entertaining read.

Kral
09-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Please post character ideas and information in the thread (aside from things you'd like kept private). In this way, we can all collaborate on creation, popcorning ideas back and forth, resulting in a much richer brew for the story. It's particularly important for the Guest Star bits.
A bit more clarification on character creation.
: Story title: "Rotten to the Core"
: The period is late October, 1993.
: You have 5 refresh, you cannot go below two refresh.
:: Supernatural abilities are allowed, but you may not expend more than 2 refresh, total, on them.
: You have 15 Skill points, and may not go above Great (+3) on any skill. I may make exception with this, but never for the supernatural skills.
= A low-power game in which the characters are aware of the supernatural, but not particularly sapient in regards to the supernatural. You know that something unnatural is up, but you've little understanding of what is going on, or how to deal with it. Which is half of the fun when you do have to deal with the unnatural.

Dark Maiden
09-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Where can I find a file of the rulebook?

Kral
09-22-2011, 08:42 PM
I'd offer to email it to you, but I can't compress it enough. So...piratebay the rulebook. I bought the actual Dresden Files books, I'm not spending $60 on a rulebook.

Kral
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Ah, and to clarify- this will not be the main game. I'm doing a short story as a favor for the GM to be. I would also like character information soon, I cannot plan much further without it.

XenoZiden
10-01-2011, 09:26 AM
I just got a chance to talk with the Organizer the other day. He's still planning on running a quick game for the GM to be, the GM to-be has never run or played the system and wants to play a few sessions before he runs it; as near as I can tell.

Kral
10-04-2011, 06:40 PM
What a mercurial and unattentive collection of people. Shame, I'd really like for this to work.

Dark Maiden
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Sorry have not been responding. Been a bit busy rl. I'm here now and will be looking to find the rules so I can make a character.

Again sorry for the absence.

wildkarrde_
11-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey, it looks like this didn't end up getting under way. If you're still looking for people I would definitely be interested. I also never miss a game :P and am a big Dresden fan.

Shin
11-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I didn't see any mention of what refresh and what not you all were playing at. Were you going to do the round robin aspect grouping and all that?

Auliver
11-12-2011, 12:32 AM
This game is dead.
I refer interested parties to-
http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/20830-The-Esoteric-Order-of-Stories?highlight=
Long live this game.

tobi
04-02-2013, 02:24 PM
hello ... i'm interested in playing if ur game is still running or you have a new one w/e :)

BastardKing
04-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Hate to disappoint you kid, but the thread is two years old. Doubt anyone checks it.