PDA

View Full Version : New to play by post and am very interested

shad0fx
08-13-2011, 04:24 PM
i've been on this site for a few months, absolutely love the connections able to be made here. Not having a lot of free time to get together with my local group in Omaha, Nebraska. So i saw these Play by Post games and was curious if someone would be willing to run a newbie through a D&D 3.5 campaign. I've played D&D 3.5 since it debuted, and really miss the system. I've got the pathfinder books and am currently reading up on them, and i have only played one campaign with the pathfinder rules, which i enjoyed greatly. But i think for ease 3.5 would be the best first time play by post system to run in.

I can post a couple times a week, as my internet got turned off and i have to go to the local library, internet cafe's, and mcdonalds to get internet till i can get the net restored.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mid-West Gamers Connect - (MWGC) - Shad0fx

goblins85
10-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Hey, this might not be what you're looking for, but I'm going to go ahead and shoot you an invite anyways. I'm running a PbP game using an adaptation of the Pathfinder rule system, and I designed it for non-gamers. I think you'll find that 3.5 and Pathfinder are pretty much the exact same rule system, and their differences don't apply to my game; Attacks of Opportunity and the like don't work well for games that don't use maps!

http://s11.zetaboards.com/CotCT/index/

nijineko
10-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Attacks of Opportunity and the like don't work well for games that don't use maps!

that depends on the dm/gm ability with descriptives and mental mapping or post mapping. i can give tips if interested.

btw, why not host your game here?

goblins85
10-31-2011, 02:02 PM
I guess the question should be: Why should I? What advantages do I gain?