PDA

View Full Version : Three Bitton

dwightemarsh
08-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I am exploring starting a once a month Mongoose Traveler game. I am envisioning a campaign based out of a scout ship, so I am looking for two or three players.
The first session would be character creation. Character creation would be standard lifepath creation with random rolling. I want to make sure that at least one character in the game is an ex scout with a scout ship. I am asking that each player create two characters, at least one of which enters the scout service. Once everyone has completed making both characters, each player would decide which of the two characters he or she wanted to play. This will both mitigate the chance of random rolls making a horrible character that that player doesn’t want to play and help make sure that someone has a scout ship.

All characters would be from the Ocasio family, originally from the planet of Three Bitton. Three Bitton is a desert planet with no breathable atmosphere that recently had its leadership and technology base smashed by natural disaster. What remained of the government issued emergency regulations that wiser heads might have not have implemented, this provoked further emergencies which have resulted in an almost complete ban on emigration. Three Bitton does not currently have the technology base to support the life support systems, and the government believes that if the citizens of Three Bitton who could afford to leave were allowed to do so, everyone else would die in the next disaster.

Whether the players spend their effort trying to uplift the technology of Three Bitton enough that it became self sufficient again and less at risk of complete collapse, or tried to smuggle what family members they have out of Three Bitton and set them up in some other part of the galaxy or even create and support a rebellion against the current government will depend on the players. I have mapped out a four hex area around Three Bitton, and will map out more as the ship moves, so that everyone knows what is within two jumps of where they currently are. I expect that some portion of the game would involve speculative trade, and would expect most of the details of that to happen on line, the monthly session should concentrate on more interesting developments.

Sessions would be held at my house, I have a nice big dining room table. What day of the month and what time is negotiable.

dwightemarsh
09-09-2011, 06:03 AM
I currently have two players interested, three would be ideal. Looking to do character creation sometime in October.

fariswolf
09-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Is this game active or still looking I'm trying to find a game and I don't mind driving to find a good game.

dwightemarsh
12-08-2012, 01:54 PM
This campaign has concluded