PDA

View Full Version : some SUPERS! questions..

Nahualt
08-05-2011, 07:08 AM
1) How would you rule knockback in the game? Also how would you do falling damage?

2) How do you rule competency dice? do they just add to a roll? can they be used for other stuff like a re-roll, buy off damage, alter the enviroment ( like BoL does with hero points)?

3)would allowing the dice to buy off powerboost be unbalancing ( like a power stunt)?

4) If the players used the optional 20D method and only aquired a Disadvantage for an extra 1D? does he get a bonus whenever it comes up? ( originally it allows you to use an advantage everytime a disadvantage comes up)

5) related to the earlier question: How many times per adventure can a player appply an advantage ( or be affected by a disadvantage) if they bought it with dice and not pairing it up with its counterpart?

danbuter
08-08-2011, 01:59 PM
My take:
1: I'd just say someone is thrown back. Maybe let them make a defense roll to avoid being knocked down, if you really want it.
2: I would have them add an extra die to a roll, which is always counted, even if it's a Normal roll that would be capped at 3D.
3: Not sure what you mean. If they spend a 1D xp increase to do it, I guess it would be ok.
4: I guess. I personally would only allow a Disad to be bought by taking an Ad. Makes more sense to me, and prevents gaming the system.
5: No idea.

Nahualt
08-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Tyvm for your answers, it seem si may need to sit down and write some extra rules to balance things out.

Simon W
08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
1) How would you rule knockback in the game? Also how would you do falling damage?

2) How do you rule competency dice? do they just add to a roll? can they be used for other stuff like a re-roll, buy off damage, alter the enviroment ( like BoL does with hero points)?

3)would allowing the dice to buy off powerboost be unbalancing ( like a power stunt)?

4) If the players used the optional 20D method and only aquired a Disadvantage for an extra 1D? does he get a bonus whenever it comes up? ( originally it allows you to use an advantage everytime a disadvantage comes up)

5) related to the earlier question: How many times per adventure can a player appply an advantage ( or be affected by a disadvantage) if they bought it with dice and not pairing it up with its counterpart?

There is a boost if you want knockback.

The rules for competency dice tell you what you can do. If you wanna use 'em for all sorts of other stuff, that's fine.

I don't understand q3.

If you want, I don't really see a problem with this.

I would allow multiple uses - but if it starts to get repetitive, I'd ask the player to think of something else more interesting