PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a player for Pathfinder Carrion Crown

Rashir
08-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi all,
I am back for my lazy DM and looking for a player. We currently have 4 regular players and one of them is moving a couple hours away and will not be able to play that much anymore.
We are currently playing Pathfinder: Carrion Crown. We are level 3 atm and we all just died so it is a good point to add a new player in :)
Most of the players we have like to DM also so We play a couple different campaigns through out the year to give our DM a break. Mainly right now we are playing Carrion Crown and Kingmaker.
If you are interested in playing with us, shoot me or Ryan Carner(DM) a message.
Thanks,
Dennis

cplmac
08-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Good to see you posted this here as well. I see that you said the characters are level 3 but that they also died. Just an observation, but if they are dead, I wouldn't think that they are still level 3. Unless maybe they would get resurected.

Again, if I can be of help, let me know. There have been quite a few folks join the local meetup group lately, so hopefully between here and there, you will get a someone to fill that open chair.

Rashir
08-05-2011, 10:04 AM
If we die we get to make a new character at the same level but with a penalty usually base xp for that level. It just happened that when a player isn't there for a session and someone runs their char the dm doesn't let that char die, so one guy is still alive and I chose to get rezed so all is good.

rcarner
08-17-2011, 09:53 PM
CPLMAC - It was all Rashir's fault that everyone died. Just throwing that out there...

Mustard Tiger
08-17-2011, 10:20 PM
How willing are you to take a Pathfinder newbie?

Most of my experience is limited to 4e and a little of 3.5. I have the core rulebooks and it seems easy enough to get in the Pathfinder "mindset."

I can bring snacks as a bribe if that helps.

rcarner
08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey Mustard

We welcome all degrees of player experience. And snacks are a great bribe! Getting to know Pathfinder is easy if you have any experience with D&D 3.5e, but even if you don't you can pick it up in a few sessions and master it not long after. Here are some things we are looking for in a player...

-Consistent/regular player (we have a fairly small group, which means everyone has to show up most of the time otherwise we cannot play that weekend)
-Able to meet approximatly every other Sunday from 1 to 6pm-ish
-No alergy to cats (I have 4)
-No algery to ugly dudes (Rashir included)
-Overall fun/easy-going attitude

I prefer a 50/50 mix of role play, but currently our group is more like 25% role play. Maybe you can help me and Rashir step that up a bit.

We're currently going through a dark horror called Carrion Crown and about to finish the first module, but everyone seems to enjoy it so looks like we will continue with the second module next. We have a witch, inquisitor (fighter build), and alchemist as steady players. We have a paladin too, but he is moving to Altoona, which is the reason we are looking for a replacement. All of us have been together for more than 3 years, so being a solid/steady player is vital to us. As Rashir said, we do like to shake up things now and again with having others GM for a few sessions, but that is only about 10% of the time. The age of our current group ranges from between 26 and about 50 (I am 38).

If these things sound like they may be of interest to you, let me know! We'll be playing again this Sunday, then probably off the following Sunday. I did invite one other person, but so far he has not responded so I am continuing to look. I live in Springdale.

cplmac
08-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Hmm, no dwarf fighter/meat shield then?

rcarner
08-18-2011, 06:34 PM
We choose to let the witch tank for the party. She (Rashir's character) can handle it. And if she can't... who cares if she dies. :)

Mustard Tiger
08-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey Mustard

We welcome all degrees of player experience. And snacks are a great bribe! Getting to know Pathfinder is easy if you have any experience with D&D 3.5e, but even if you don't you can pick it up in a few sessions and master it not long after. Here are some things we are looking for in a player...

-Consistent/regular player (we have a fairly small group, which means everyone has to show up most of the time otherwise we cannot play that weekend)
-Able to meet approximatly every other Sunday from 1 to 6pm-ish
-No alergy to cats (I have 4)
-No algery to ugly dudes (Rashir included)
-Overall fun/easy-going attitude

I prefer a 50/50 mix of role play, but currently our group is more like 25% role play. Maybe you can help me and Rashir step that up a bit.

We're currently going through a dark horror called Carrion Crown and about to finish the first module, but everyone seems to enjoy it so looks like we will continue with the second module next. We have a witch, inquisitor (fighter build), and alchemist as steady players. We have a paladin too, but he is moving to Altoona, which is the reason we are looking for a replacement. All of us have been together for more than 3 years, so being a solid/steady player is vital to us. As Rashir said, we do like to shake up things now and again with having others GM for a few sessions, but that is only about 10% of the time. The age of our current group ranges from between 26 and about 50 (I am 38).

If these things sound like they may be of interest to you, let me know! We'll be playing again this Sunday, then probably off the following Sunday. I did invite one other person, but so far he has not responded so I am continuing to look. I live in Springdale.

That sounds great, and Springdale isn't too far away.

What sort of character would your party need?

And Sundays are a perfect day for me.

Just let me know what sort of character you guys would like and I can draw one up and we can talk more. If you're looking for a tank/meat shield to replace the paladin I'd love to as a barbarian and get in touch with my inner savage.

rcarner
08-19-2011, 07:02 AM
I think a Barbarian would be fine, but play whatever you find most fun to play. I would rather the group be playing the class they want and suppliment with NPCs than have someone play a class they felt forced into.

We can always run the Paladin as an NPC until someone dies that would prefer to play a tank class.