PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Supervillain of all time?

danbuter
08-02-2011, 12:24 AM
For me, it's easily the Joker. He's just a crazy, evil bastard who always manages to cause mass destruction even when Batman is fighting him.

fmitchell
08-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Ditto on the Joker ... every other criminal has fathomable, even sensible motives. The Joker wreaks death and destruction because he thinks it's funny. (OK, sometimes he does care about the money, to support his hedonistic lifestyle, but mostly it's for kicks.) As unrealistic as it may be, he escapes every institution or certain death that tries to stop him ... because chaos is eternal. I can't think of another villain who embodies an archetype so completely.

Doubtless the Joker's lack of complications or motives turns off other people. I can see the argument for sympathetic villains, anti-villains (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiVillain), and tragic heroes who crossed to the dark side. As an antagonist, though, the Joker is the antithesis of superheroic values.

Utgardloki
09-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I prefer Doctor Doom. Calm, rational, and doing what he thinks is best.

But Magneto is a close second, especially the way Magneto is portrayed in the movies. Again, you have a guy who is just fighting for his rights, although taking things a little too far.

I think that's why Poison Ivy has become one of my favorite DC villians. Again, she is someone with an ideological purpose in life.

I like the way Lex Luthor is evolving, too, as a guy who is driven not so much be a personal hatred of Superman as by a belief that Superman is a threat to the world.

Maxxx
10-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Right now my favorite villian is Per Degaton,not the one from th comics but a slightly differant one I use in my V&V game,besides Nazis's are the BEST bad guys

Thorn
09-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Thal Sinestro, but there are more out there would also fit to well.

magic-rhyme
04-06-2014, 12:48 AM
I like the way Lex Luthor is evolving, too, as a guy who is driven not so much be a personal hatred of Superman as by a belief that Superman is a threat to the world.

You might enjoy reading this: http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-188-lex-luthor-the-joker/

Nicely thoughtful.

Golden Age Superhero
04-08-2014, 11:02 PM
That was a really good article. Quite enjoyed it.