PDA

View Full Version : A Light in the Darkness (4e and 2e D&D campaign)

norecess4u
08-02-2011, 12:06 AM
We have two players leaving the city sadly, and are actually looking for one or two more.

The details of our game is as follows.

We are working from a generic setting which is quickly becoming fleshed out by all of us in a land that has been devastated by apocalypse in the distant past. Civilizations struggle to remain points of light and magic is not as common as it once was. In the thousand years of a power vacuum who knows what and who has grown in power to dominate the outer wilds? Who knows what secrets the scattered ruins of a once advanced society hold? One Kingdom needs heroes to bring the world back into the light and to hold the darkness at bay. Our world is filled with unknown lands, creatures, and mystery and intrigue centered around the one civilized land and it's enemies. The players seek to find what caused the apocalypse before and prevent what appears to be another one approaching.

We have two DMs, each of whom present the players a chance to run a different character and different play style. Our format is flexible and centered around player choice, but don't worry, we aren't afraid of a good dungeon crawl either. Within our campaign arc, players can run a brief adventure should they want to try to DM. We are mostly seeking players, or players who wish to DM from time to time.

We have players of many different experience levels so it's ok if you are brand new and ok if you are a veteran, as long as you are flexible and open minded.

Everyone at the table is rather polite and accomodating. We have all kinds of playstyles from the guys who don't tell anyone they play D&D to the people who wear "I Won D&D" shirts around town. Some of us have children, and some don't. We all drink Mountain Dew and one of us is known to put our minis on her cake creations with Beholders in the middle...(No cake making does not help your saving throw).

We keep an updated summary of games and character folio of living/deceased characters as well as a folio of NPCs and Villians within our game so far. Hit me up a reply here and I'll shoot you an email of our game summaries and folios to date.

We play second or fourth edition depending on the scenario and time. We usually stick to one edition for a while and then switch everything over in a session with a shorter game for that night. Currently we've done 4e mostly with a few group decision adjustments to speed up conbat a bit.

For more information see my co-DMs notes, Mr. jestrelokkei, or any of the other players comments to come.

WE NEED YOU....(to die in our dungeons....)

Thomas (Norecess4u)

jestrelokkei
08-03-2011, 08:31 PM
This is my first D&D group, and after years of being a closet nerd it feels great to be in such a kick ass group!
A few notes on the way we play:
We play to have fun! The rules will always be bent in favor of what makes sense and what feels right. Flexibility is the key.
We've been using 2E for the "suicide missions" where it's likely characters will die. Then the survivors of those adventures get upgraded to 4E.
Toms Minis ROCK! Great variety!
We're also in the process of building a massive campaign setting that has plenty of room for creative contribution. Check out the story intro here: http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/20286-A-Light-in-the-Darkness?p=163322#post163322

norecess4u
08-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Jestre, this looks great! It's nice to see all we've been putting together out there narrated like this.

Can't wait to rescue Krom next week in your adventure!