PDA

View Full Version : Good place for conversation about Supers!?

danbuter
07-23-2011, 11:53 AM
This forum is pretty much dead. Is there anywhere that people actually talk about this game?

Simon W
07-23-2011, 05:07 PM
This is where it's at. I'd like to keep the chatter going, but it does go through fits and starts. I still don't think SUPERS! is popular enough to get any real fan-talk. I'm afraid ICONS jumped in and stole SUPERS! thunder.

urbwar
07-24-2011, 09:48 AM
There have been a few decent threads going on rpg.net, so you could try there. Grubman's excellent video review helped spark some conversations about the game, so at least there is that.

Simon W
07-24-2011, 03:22 PM
There have been a few decent threads going on rpg.net, so you could try there. Grubman's excellent video review helped spark some conversations about the game, so at least there is that.

But it would be nice to get more visitors talking about it here as thios is the official forum. Oh well, you can't drag people in...

urbwar
07-24-2011, 06:09 PM
But it would be nice to get more visitors talking about it here as thios is the official forum. Oh well, you can't drag people in...

I understand, although when those threads were going, I didn't see you really suggest people come here. It's possible/probable that many don't know this forum exists, even if it's listed in your signature. And at least there are discussions going on somewhere about the game. That's better than none at all

danbuter
07-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I avoid RPGNet like the plague-ridden beast it is. :mad:

urbwar
07-25-2011, 02:44 AM
I avoid RPGNet like the plague-ridden beast it is. :mad:

Then you're missing out on some good conversations about Supers!. One had a bunch of writeups of various marvel/dc characters which was pretty good. But hey, you did ask :ohwell:

Cgeist7
07-25-2011, 04:07 PM
This is where it's at. I'd like to keep the chatter going, but it does go through fits and starts. I still don't think SUPERS! is popular enough to get any real fan-talk. I'm afraid ICONS jumped in and stole SUPERS! thunder.

As the author and frequent poster on the RPG.net thread, I beg to differ. SUPERS! is an awesome game and you were getting some solid support on that thread and from Grubman's review. IMHO it's better to build on that somewhere that more people will see it. Even better, set up a wiki and we can link to it from BOTH forums. :)

Cheers!

CG7

Simon W
07-25-2011, 04:32 PM
As the author and frequent poster on the RPG.net thread, I beg to differ. SUPERS! is an awesome game and you were getting some solid support on that thread and from Grubman's review. IMHO it's better to build on that somewhere that more people will see it. Even better, set up a wiki and we can link to it from BOTH forums. :)

Cheers!

CG7

Thanks for that. I agree that SUPERS! does have a few fans. I just can't compete with ICONS - both in terms of presence and numbers of supplements, even though we're both with Cubicle 7 and SUPERS! actually came out first. That's what I meant by stealing the thunder. As to a WIKI, I have no idea how that works and even if I want to spend any time doing it - I'd rather be designing more games. If there was enough evidence that it would be a worthwhile thing, I might look into it further.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Incidentally, there is a review of SUPERS! here:

http://knightsoftheblackbanner.blogspot.com/