PDA

View Full Version : RIFTS Campaign Online - Chi-Town 'Burbs

airwalkrr
07-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Recruiting is open again to replace a couple of players. Post here for more information or send me a PM.

I am looking to start up a new Rifts game online. Here are the details. Let's see who's interested.

Venue: Chat Room. I believe the Palladium Books Chat Room (http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/chat/) will do nicely. I've used it before.
Time: Either Wednesdays or Fridays from 13:00 to 17:00 (1 pm to 5 pm) CST (GMT -6). The meeting would be twice a month, the first and third week of each month.
Start Date: Depends on interest. As soon as I have 3 or more reliable players we will begin regular game sessions. I will require an email contact from each player.
Setting: Chi-Town 'Burbs circa. 109 PA. The campaign will be based on characters who live in or around the 'Burbs and have grown up or spent most of their lives there. Non-humans as well as magic-users and super psychics will face potential persecution from local CS forces or angry human mobs and may be forced to rely on the Black Market and face price hikes or taxes to acquire basic necessities.
Characters: Players may be either human or humanoid SDC D-Bees who can pass for human. SDC D-Bee means the D-Bee has no natural MDC and no ability to deal MD without augmentation or MDC weapons. OCCs and starting equipment may be selected from the Rifts: Ultimate Edition core rulebook only, but other options may become available as the game progresses. OCCs will be limited to those of the Adventurers & Scholars, Psychics, Coalition Soldiers, the Merc Soldier, and the Mystic. Multiclassing may be available to take advantage of more powerful OCCs such as the Juicer or Ley Line Walker as the campaign progresses.
House Rules: Very few. Of course a number of things may be open to interpretation. But I intend to keep things simple. I will be using the optional rules for Hit Point/S.D.C. Damage While Inside M.D.C. Armor on R:UE, page 355. I will also use an extrapolation of those rules allowing for SDC characters inside MDC armor to be damaged by the sheer force of SDC attacks at a ration of 1:7. For every 7 points of SDC damage, an SDC character inside MDC armor will take 1 point of SDC or HP damage (the MDC armor itself remains undamaged unless the total SDC damage is 100+ of course). Also, characters in MDC armor will take SDC damage at a 1:1 ratio from MD attacks; characters in MDC power armor will take SDC damage at a 1:2 ratio from MD attacks; and characters in MDC robots or vehicles will take SDC damage at a 1:3 ratio from MD attacks. (This last rule may be subject to change as it might be too punitive.)
Tone: This is a relatively low-powered game focusing on life in the Chi-Town 'Burbs for brave characters of simple means and origins who dare to defy the Coalition by becoming literate, participating in the Black Market, practicing magic or unapproved psionics, promoting civil liberty and other things the CS would not generally approve of.

So who is interested? Let's see if we can start discussing character concepts, character motivations, and other interesting details to build a cast of characters. I'll get to the details of character creation (which will also be relatively simple) once I have some interest.

This thread has been cross-posted at the Forums of the Megaverse (http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=124172).

Point Buy Method: The point buy method is thus: All stats start at 3 and you receive 60 points to raise them 1:1 to a maximum of 18. Any stat that is 16+ may be treated as "Exceptional right off the bat" per R:UE, page 279. If using the point buy method the character receives no "Bonus to Compensate for a Low Attribute" from R:UE, 282; this is because you have complete control over your stats with this method. You may buy minor psionics for 2 points or major psionics for 6 points but you do not get a roll for psionics if using the point buy method.

Recruiting for this game is open again!
Chat Session 1 - 2011-08-05 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQ-9ND5LXKGPfdJ4I2u-ZTscPXf92aRRiwuec0FFueI/edit?hl=en_US)
Chat Session 2 - 2011-09-02 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tshb4icFloPo1NEPg_fSDcYZ8NGWPboBiNUJZWsnSLQ/edit?hl=en_US)
Chat Session 5 - 2011-09-30 (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bw8-g0Lk7JvuYzdhNGQxYWUtOWY4ZC00MDk2LWFiZmMtZDA0YmVlZj FjZmNk&hl=en_US)
Chat Session 6 - 2011-10-28 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/15YB_5HyxHJzNeXNMNQ_xbmoQsME9AoZrUhh9Bwav3kE/edit)
Chat Session 7 - 2011-11-11 (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bw8-g0Lk7JvuNjdhMThiNTMtZjJjYi00ODc3LTkwZGItYzY1YzdiZj djNTg0)
Experience Chart (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag8-g0Lk7JvudEFKN1dnWHZ3ZkN0alhIT2Q5R1hfbnc)

Silverware
07-17-2011, 07:38 PM
This sounds cool. I would be interested. Fridays would be th best for me. But I do not have a copy of the rulebooks. Nor have used the system before so I'll need some tutoring if I join up.

underclocked
07-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Hey, it's totally been more than couple of years (let me do the actual calculations... about 8 years) since I've played Rifts, but I'll be willing to give it another chance. I've got a ton of the books in hard copy and I'll dust them off. 1st and 3rd Fridays work great for me since I play D&D on Wednesdays and Dark Heresy on the alternating Fridays. I'm going to toy around with the psi-stalker.

Dark Maiden
07-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Gods, I have not played Rifts, in nearly 12 years!

I don't think I have the book you refer to, if you have any idea where I can find it that would be cool.

I'm more up for the wens, time then fridays, but I'll work with whatever you want.

airwalkrr
07-19-2011, 02:24 AM
I know R:UE can be found on the Palladium Books website in hard copy. It is a nice hardcover with great art and a full game system in one reasonably-priced book. I highly recommend you get it. You can also PM me your email and I will help you get you whatever you need to start playing.

Silverware, glad to hear you are interested! RIFTS is actually a pretty easy game to play, mostly d20 and d% rolls, and I like to run it fast and loose. Character creation takes a while because there are a lot of options, but it is totally worth it. I will help guide you through it too. And I am pretty flexible with allowing players to swap out skills or options they chose at character creation but wish to change later as they learn more about the game, especially with new players.

Underclocked, welcome back to Palladium! The Psi-Stalker should make an excellent choice. They are very fascinating characters. Their psionic abilities are incredibly useful in a variety of situations. Plus there are many different ways to play them. Are you thinking about a CS Psi-Stalker or a wild Psi-Stalker? Characters in this campaign should be expected to be dissenters within the CS, so if you want to play a CS Psi-Stalker, it would work best if you were either AWOL and hiding in the 'Burbs or a character who exists within an organization he has lost faith in and seeks to reform or radically change.

Dark Maiden, glad to hear you are interested. RIFTS has undergone a few changes since you last played, starting with the release of the Ultimate Edition in 2001. It's really more like RIFTS 1.5 than RIFTS 2.0 though. It's backwards compatible with all previous material though (one of the things I love about Palladium). As I said above, RIFTS: Ultimate Edition, the new core book, can be ordered directly through their website or by requesting it from your FLGS.

Everyone PM me your emails and let me know what you hope to get out of the game (e.g. quality roleplaying, character advancement, wealth, power, action, exploration, etc.), as well as any private background details you might want to discuss about your characters. I will try to work such details into the campaign. Please feel free to start discussing your character concepts on this thread. Your characters will already know each other when the campaign begins so it wouldn't hurt to know a bit about each other ahead of time. Your characters will all be associated with an underground group such as the Tarnits or a Retribution Squad (details on either aren't necessary at this point; sufficient to say your characters will be outlaws) so bear that in mind when creating your characters.

So far it looks like Friday is the best day.

Silverware
07-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Well seeing as its quiet.
I've grabbed a copy of the R:UE rulebook and been looking through a bit.
Looking at making a city rat, smuggling small items, like books, and information.
Little to no combat ability, instead relies on running away fast.

Dark Maiden
07-20-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm so hyped to play a Crazie. It's the one OOC I have never tried. (BTW, did a recal on how long it's been since I played. Turns out I underestimated. It's been more like 18 years. LMAO)

Oh darn!

Just looked back at the OP and saw that Crazies are not an option. Poo. ah well, back to the book. LOL

:cool:

airwalkrr
07-20-2011, 11:29 AM
A City Rat will be a good fit for this campaign, it being all about living in the Chi-Town 'Burbs of course.

As a City Rat, your character is likely to be a member of a gang in the 'Burbs. You could just play a loner though, but we will work out some gang contacts for your character either way. I like the idea of a smuggler of information. You should probably choose to focus on Communications and Technical skills, maybe with a focus on hacking and computer-related skills. Of course, as a smuggler, some Rogue skills will come in handy too, as well as Prowl.

Underclocked is working on a Psi-Stalker. I'll let him post his ideas here so you can compare notes.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Crazy is not going to be allowed as an OCC to begin with, but MOM enhancement will be available for your character to multiclass as a Crazy as soon as your character can afford it or make some deal to have it done, like signing up to be a regular for one of the kingdoms with the capability, like Kingsdale or MercTown. I really like Crazies too, so I will definitely make it available.

Dark Maiden
07-20-2011, 11:32 AM
A City Rat will be a good fit for this campaign, it being all about living in the Chi-Town 'Burbs of course.

As a City Rat, your character is likely to be a member of a gang in the 'Burbs. You could just play a loner though, but we will work out some gang contacts for your character either way. I like the idea of a smuggler of information. You should probably choose to focus on Communications and Technical skills, maybe with a focus on hacking and computer-related skills. Of course, as a smuggler, some Rogue skills will come in handy too, as well as Prowl.

Underclocked is working on a Psi-Stalker. I'll let him post his ideas here so you can compare notes.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Crazy is not going to be allowed as an OCC to begin with, but MOM enhancement will be available for your character to multiclass as a Crazy as soon as your character can afford it or make some deal to have it done, like signing up to be a regular for one of the kingdoms with the capability, like Kingsdale or MercTown. I really like Crazies too, so I will definitely make it available.

Yeah, just read that in the OP. It's cool, it will be even more fun working up to being crazy enough to want to become a Crazie. :D

underclocked
07-20-2011, 11:46 AM
So, I ventured into my garage and dug out my old first-print Rifts UE book and got down to working. I did notice that they added in some of the stuff from WB13: Lone Star for the psi-stalkers which make them a bit more likeable. So, my psi-stalker is going to be a gung-ho, civilized mercenary who looks out for himself above all else (unprincipled alignment) and has a long history in the 'burbs. He's still young, but has been successful in being a bounty hunter, mainly of magic users, psychics, d-bees, and supernatural creatures. I've got a three paragraph back story worked out, but could probably be expanded into a full page if I took the time.

airwalkrr
07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Make sure your background isn't too thorough or too exaggerated. Remember you will be a 1st-level character who is relatively young and inexperienced. If he's had success as a bounty hunter so far, it has probably been against relatively weak targets, the kind that get you no more than 500 creds apiece, or he may have gotten lucky (depending on how you roll for starting creds).

I like the way the group is looking so far. We have a City Rat, a Psi-Stalker, and a guy who wants to become a Crazy (Dark Maiden has indicated to me an interest in playing a Vagabond or a City Rat). Incidentally, I don't think having two City Rats would be a problem, especially if you discuss your skill selections with each other and try to avoid excessive overlap. But then, even if there was some overlap, I might let you coordinate with each other, giving each other greater chances for success, so you might just be super-specialized in some areas.

Teaser: Your first mission will involve claiming a bounty on an individual known as "Tarc." It appears "Tarc" has been forging black market credit chips and falsifying other financial records apparently by hacking into bank systems remotely. So far his work has been small and doesn't amount to much, but he is gaining a lot of street cred (no pun intended) for his work. He is wanted by the Black Market, dead or alive. Of course, no one knows exactly who "Tarc" is, so the difficult task of linking the alias to the person will be part of ensuring you actually get to claim your bounty. This fact does not seem lost on the Black Market, which is offering a staggering 10,000 credits for his capture, which is more than the average juicer earns in a month.

underclocked
07-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Make sure your background isn't too thorough or too exaggerated. Remember you will be a 1st-level character who is relatively young and inexperienced. If he's had success as a bounty hunter so far, it has probably been against relatively weak targets, the kind that get you no more than 500 creds apiece, or he may have gotten lucky (depending on how you roll for starting creds).

Don't worry, I'm not making the background too crazy. It mainly has to do with family members since that's the major influence on his life ambitions. I figure the bounties he's collected so far have gotten him some of his gear, especially the MD weapons he gets as standard equipment, also helping the reason as to why he's still pretty poor...

Dark Maiden
07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
10k WOW!!!!!

Ok, I'm assuming its ok to start working on the character now?

underclocked
07-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Ok, I'm assuming its ok to start working on the character now?

If it is, then I'm on board.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Quick question about the Palladium chat rooms: how does the dice rolling work there? I tried using the links listed on their website but they keep going to a 404 error page.

airwalkrr
07-21-2011, 11:22 AM
First off, I will be available this Friday, July 22, from 12:00 to 13:00 CST (GMT -6) on the Palladium Books Chat Room (linked in the OP) to answer any questions players have about the game and character creation. My screen name at Forums of the Megaverse is SamtheDagger (a Rifts reference for your Rifts grognards). You'll need a Forums of the Megaverse account to use the chat room IIRC, so go ahead and sign up for one if you don't already have one. For the time being the Palladium Books Chat Room will also be where I host the game, although we might discuss using some kind of online gaming software in the future if it is more convenient.

Underclocked, if you got a 404 error page it might have been because you weren't signed in with a Forums of the Megaverse account. That's my best guess.

Dice rolling in the Palladium Books Chat Room is very simple. The formula is /roll xdy+z where x is the number of dice, y is the type of die (20-sided would be y=20) and z is any modifier to the roll (if applicable). The "+z" portion is not necessary if you just roll a straight die without modifiers.

You are free to start working on your characters. I encourage you to discuss plans for OCC Related Skills and Secondary Skills with your other players to decide what your group will focus on and what you will leave out. Even with three players though there is room to fill out the most important niches. First, it would be good to have some focused on Communications skills and Rogue skills (preferably someone who likes to roleplay). Second it would be good to have someone focused on Technical Skills, including computer skills and/or repair and salvage; it could also be focused on Mechanical and Electrical skills although that would be best for someone who wants to play an Operator. Finally, someone with a handful of Medical skills and Science skills for biological problems, not least of which is keeping injured allies alive. I would also recommend having at least one character with each History and Lore skill, even if they are only Secondary Skills; that is a total of 10 skills (2 History + 8 Lore) though and some are more important than others so you might just want to prioritize. Of tertiary importance is someone with a handful of Wilderness skills, but these are far from necessary as you could easily hire an NPC guide for those occasions when you leave the 'Burbs. These are merely recommendations though. You don't HAVE to have them, but it is a good benchmark to shoot for.

Character generation is basically as simple as it is laid out in the book. If you are a human, you can opt to roll your stats as laid out on R:UE, page 279 or you can use a point-buy generation method. The point-buy generation method is pretty simple too. All stats start at 3 and you receive 60 points to add on a point-for-point basis. If you choose the point-buy option you don't receive the benefit of the "Bonus to Compensate for a Low Attribute" from R:UE, page 282 since you have complete control over where your points go. You DO gain the benefit of bonus rolls for "Exceptional right off the bat" stats from R:UE, page 279 though. Races other than human (such as our Psi-Stalker, which is a mutant human) must roll stats and do not receive "Exceptional right off the bat" bonuses for any stat that is not a simple 3D6 roll, nor do they gain the "Bonus to Compensate for a Low Attribute." It is assumed that racial traits and abilities make up for any potential deficiency.

I would like to briefly note that Palladium is not a system in which stats are your most important aspects of your character. Unlike D&D where a large number of your abilities are derived from your stats, Palladium is more skills-focused. So the stats play a relatively minor role in determining your characters' abilities. So don't fret if it doesn't "feel" like you have good stats. A character with a smart skill selection and low stats will out-perform a character with amazing stats and poor skill selection the vast majority of the time. And as I have mentioned before, I will be happy to allow you to swap skills from time-to-time if you feel you aren't getting much use out of a skill or just made a couple of poor decisions, especially if you are new to the game.

Again, I will happily answer any questions in the chat room tomorrow. Plus you can email me your questions or post them here if you like.

Dark Maiden
07-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Ok. If no one minds I'll go with the Roguish character. (I'm big on the rping. LOL)

underclocked
07-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I can take a couple of repair and maintenance skills, including jury-rig, but that's about all considering the psi-stalker isn't offered much in the way of good technical skills. I guess that's why jury-rig and general maintenance & repair are great to have in the wilderness/wastelands.

airwalkrr
07-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Here's a quick review of our short chat session Friday. DarkMaiden will be playing a City Rat with no blood relatives she knows of but a gang in Firetown that treats her just like family. Her character will be focused on burglary type skills. Silverware will be playing a City Rat with some computer ability and a penchant for concealment and smuggling. We didn't have time to work out any more details of Silverware's character, but we will do more next time we chat or via this thread or email. DarkMaiden rolled stats as follows: IQ 12, ME 6, MA 5, PS 15, PP 9, PE 7, PB 13, Spd 11. She still gets a roll for psionics, which we can take care of in chat next time or she can allow me to roll. Since she has two stats lower than 7 she may 1) add +7 to any ability other that ME or MA and either 2a) add +3 to one other ability besides ME, MA, or the ability chosen in 1), OR 2b) add +2 to Perception. Silverware opted for the point buy method.

The point buy method is thus: All stats start at 3 and you receive 60 points to raise them 1:1 to a maximum of 18. Any stat that is 16+ may be treated as "Exceptional right off the bat" per R:UE, page 279. If using the point buy method the character receives no "Bonus to Compensate for a Low Attribute" from R:UE, 282; this is because you have complete control over your stats with this method. You may buy minor psionics for 2 points or major psionics for 6 points but you do not get a roll for psionics if using the point buy method.

Since underclocked is playing a Psi-Stalker, stats will need to be rolled using the chat at some point. Psi-Stalkers have unusually high stats and racial abilities to compensate for the fact that they might get low rolls.

I will be available to chat next Friday, 7/29, from 12:00 to 14:00 (12 PM to 2 PM) CST (GMT -6). Between now and then feel free to get in touch with me by email.

I am still accepting players for this game. If you are interested please PM me or post here!

Silverware
07-23-2011, 11:08 PM
The stats I'm looking at going with would be
IQ 13 ME 7 MA 8 PS 7 PP 13 PE 9 PB 10 Spd 17
Which means I just need to do a single exceptional roll for my stats next time.
And suggestions for better stat distribution?

Also current skill selection is :

OCC
Computer Repair
Computer Programming
Computer Hacking
Math: Advanced
Pick Locks
Cryptography
Find Contraband
ID Undercover Agents
Climbing
Acrobatics

Secondary
Radio:Basic
Electronic Countermeasures
First Aid
Basic Electronics
Photography
Literacy: Techno-Can
Athletics: General
W.P Knife

underclocked
07-24-2011, 07:10 AM
I will be available to chat next Friday, 7/29, from 12:00 to 14:00 (12 PM to 2 PM) CST (GMT -6). Between now and then feel free to get in touch with me by email.
Yeah, sorry I missed last Friday, but I will be available this Friday so I'll see you in the chat room under the name "No-Neck Mauler" (a reference to WB11).

Dark Maiden
07-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Almost got all my skills, but I do have a question.

Do we know each other? I ask that cause Silver has a skill set similar to the one I was originally working on. (I changed it btw) Still there is one skill I had, that I dropped that was kinda important to the character: Find Contraband. So if Silver has it and we know each other, then its ok, I can just use his contacts to sell my ill-gotten gains. :D

airwalkrr
07-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Silverware, is it really that important to have a good Spd score? You'll already have a decent Spd just for being a City Rat since they automatically gain Running. I would think something like PS, PP, PE, or IQ would be more important. Chances are you'll never outrun a juicer, crazy or 'borg anyway, but having the Running skill plus an average base Spd like 10 or 11 will mean you can outrun most other stuff. Your skill choices look good, although I don't know how well they fit with a smuggler. You said smuggler and I thought of Han Solo, a really smooth talker with a bit of technical skill, but it seems like you focused mostly on the technical side of things, which is fine, just not what I was expecting to see.

Dark Maiden, your characters will be acquaintances at the very least. Your reason for coming together will be to claim the bounty for Tarc. That 10,000 cred reward is so enticing you are all willing to work together, even if you don't know each other very well, to get it. If you would like for your characters to be close, that is fine as well. It would make perfect sense to have a couple of City Rats be close friends and members of the same gang or possibly members of rival gangs who somehow are willing to bridge the gap, even if its only to cooperate to get the reward.

There is nothing wrong with having a small number of duplicate skills. On some skills it might be handy to have a chance for at least two rolls. You can also collaborate together to have a better chance at success on a single roll. If you feel a skill is important to your character there is no need to drop it. If Dark Maiden and Silverware want to go with the concept of being good friends or at least having worked a job or two together, it would make sense that they have different specialties. Perhaps Dark Maiden is more of a charmer and Silverware is the techie. Although considering Dark Maiden's stat rolls she will already be at a minor penalty for some things with a low MA.

How you work the Psi-Stalker into things is up to you. Maybe you just happen to traffic in the same circles. Perhaps the Psi-Stalker has done some work with your gang before, maybe running down a troublesome D-Bee or practitioner of magic who threatened the gang, or perhaps you just needed a mercenary and he was the only one you could afford. It could even be a rather coincidental meeting. You advertised for a mercenary willing to split the reward three ways and he answered the call.

underclocked
07-24-2011, 01:34 PM
(...) but I do have a question.

Do we know each other?

Well, we could always say we replied to the same Craigslist ad... but, I kid. I have no problem saying that we happen to know one another. My back story has an older brother who ran with a gang, but was killed 8 years prior to the current events in game. It's possible that he ran with the gang you're currently in.

Also, having a high Spd stat isn't going to be a huge deal, especially since my psi-stalker starts with 4d6+6 AND has the Running and Athletics skill, so yeah. He'll be fast enough to maybe catch a slow juicer... (a possible 52 if I roll max)

So, here's the skills I took:
(natural and OCC skills)
Balance, WP Paired Weapons, Language: Native (American), Language: Spanish, Body Building, Climbing, Pilot: Hovercraft, Pilot: Hovercycles, Prowl, Sensory Equipment, Radio: Basic, Running, Weapon Systems, WP Energy Pistol, WP Energy Rifle, WP Shotgun, WP Knife, and Hand to Hand Expert
(OCC related)
Barter, Land Navigation, Streetwise, and Tracking (people)
(secondary)
Athletics, Basic Electronics, Basic Mechanics, First Aid, Gambling, General Maintenance & Repair, Jury-Rig, and Salvage (his nickname is "Fixer")

Here's my psionic powers:
Sense Psychic & Magic Energy, Sense Supernatural Being, Clairvoyance, Empathy, Intuitive Combat, Mind Block, Object Read, See Aura, See the Invisible, and Telepathy.

Dark Maiden
07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
...Well, we could always say we replied to the same Craigslist ad... but, I kid. I have no problem saying that we happen to know one another. My back story has an older brother who ran with a gang, but was killed 8 years prior to the current events in game. It's possible that he ran with the gang you're currently in.

Also, having a high Spd stat isn't going to be a huge deal, especially since my psi-stalker starts with 4d6+6 AND has the Running and Athletics skill, so yeah. He'll be fast enough to maybe catch a slow juicer... (a possible 52 if I roll max)...

I have not rolled my bonus spds either. I'll be posting my skills-set in a bit.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Stats: 15; 6; 5; 19; 18; 11; 13; 11.

Skills:

OOC:
Literate: Native
Language: Native
Language: Spanish
Barter
Computer Ops
Streetwise
Tailing
Pilot: Auto
Pilot: Bike
Pilot: Motorbike
Math: Basic
Running
W.P.: Knife
HTH:MA

OOC RELATED:
Picklocks
Streetwise
Concealment
Prowl
Safe Cracking
Appraise Goods
Acrobatics
Gymnastics

SECONDARY:
Aerobic Athletics
Athletics
Climbing
Rope Work
Mechanics: Basic
Mechanics: Auto
W.P. Quick Draw

So ya'll can get a feel for her, this is what she is about.

She's a Second Storyman (Uh....woman...lol). she's also a bit strange. Though she's 14, she kinda acts, when not on the job, like she's 8. (Thought some might claim younger then that, when she gets into a huff, and acts like she's in the middle of the Terrible Twos)

She's a big fan of money, she doesn't spend it, she just likes it. She has mood swings like you would never believe, and can go from reading a book, to balancing on a light post by one hand without warning.

Haven't come up with a name just yet but I will

underclocked
07-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Since we're getting into particulars about our characters, here's some of the "gritty" details about my psi-stalker: Derek "Fixer" Taylor.

He's fairly tall for a psi-stalker (6' 10") and somewhat lean (195 lbs). He's got pallid skin and dull-grey eyes. When not wearing armor he tends to show off his tattoos, large snakes that coil and dart across his arms. He currently lives in the area of the 'burbs called Center Court. Personality-wise, Derek is very gung-ho and typically looks at humans with indifference, unless they contain quite a bit of PPE or ISP, at which point they look tasty.

Like many of his brethren he prefers to hunt and kill his prey. He normally works at a repair shop that also owns a junkyard, but takes bounty work during his off-time (typically in areas like Tranquility or Mayhem). He's grown to love his semi-auto shotgun, which he's modified to be drum-fed, and uses it on unarmored bounties. Somewhat similar to most people, Derek likes money and is saving up for a used hovercycle, but usually uses it to fund his hobby.

Silverware
07-24-2011, 08:44 PM
The idea behind my character was that they smuggled small items, like data discs, and other small valuables, FAST. Im happy to change the idea to fit better. Maybe go with the charming rogue, rather than the fast smuggler.
I haven't really got a set idea about the character yet, so its easy for me to switch it for something a little better suited.

Dark Maiden
07-25-2011, 06:30 AM
The idea behind my character was that they smuggled small items, like data discs, and other small valuables, FAST. Im happy to change the idea to fit better. Maybe go with the charming rogue, rather than the fast smuggler.
I haven't really got a set idea about the character yet, so its easy for me to switch it for something a little better suited.

I'm not one big on telling others how to make their characters, but.......lol. For a guy fixed on comps and all, and with the number and types of skills, IQ (with its bonus to skills) would suit you better. (Not to say being able to run away is not a good thing. LMAO)

Oh, just to add, there is nothing wrong with your concept. You can be smart and still run like hell when trouble comes or to get away fast after getting the goods.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Ok. Got a prob.

There is no discription of what Concealment is. I made he assumption that means hiding, but I took a look at palming, and it gives bonus to concealment. Now I can't figure out how that could be possible unless the kind of concealment they are talking about is like hiding something, as opposed to hiding yourself.

If that is the case, I might be replacing that skill.

underclocked
07-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Ok. Got a prob.

There is no discription of what Concealment is. I made he assumption that means hiding, but I took a look at palming, and it gives bonus to concealment. Now I can't figure out how that could be possible unless the kind of concealment they are talking about is like hiding something, as opposed to hiding yourself.

If that is the case, I might be replacing that skill.

Concealment is on page 320, is for hiding objects, and has a base of 20% and +4% per level. Also, I noticed that you have Streetwise as an OCC skill and OCC related skill. I'm not sure if you're just trying to get an extra bonus, but otherwise you might want to think about changing that.

Dark Maiden
07-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Concealment is on page 320, is for hiding objects, and has a base of 20% and +4% per level. Also, I noticed that you have Streetwise as an OCC skill and OCC related skill. I'm not sure if you're just trying to get an extra bonus, but otherwise you might want to think about changing that.

Yeah, when I was going back over my skills and putting in the numbers i realized I double up on it by accident. I'll be replacing it with Pick Pockets.

airwalkrr
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Underclocked is right about Concealment. It is used for hiding objects. Thanks for pointing it out. Saved me a little time. :)

I've got some background worked out for you guys to fit in. If there is anything that you feel doesn't fit, let me know and we can adapt it.

Okay, Silverware, here are some details for your character. Your character (whom I will call Silverware for now) has done some work for a fellow known as Robert Street, who lives in Firetown. From time to time he has hired Silverware to do a pickup and cold drop of various pre-Rifts relics, usually books and digital media. He usually meets Silverware in Barter Square or Greenleaf Park to discuss the particulars of the deal. Street never receives items personally, always instructing Silverware to do a cold drop in a trash can, postal box, or similar area. But he has usually paid. On occasion, he will claim he never received the item and might pay Silverware a fraction of the expected amount as compensation for his trouble. Such is the hazard of the business.

DarkMaiden, here is some background for you to work in. When your character (whom I will call DarkMaiden for now) was found at age six, she was alone and badly burned. A Good Samaritan took her to one of the orphanages in Firetown, probably Camp Fireplace, but it could be another one such as the Banner Orphanage if you like. At some point, DarkMaiden ran away from the orphanage and took up with a gang called The Nest. Members of this gang refer to themselves as Nesters and have a close, almost-familial relationship with each other. The group is made up of humans and D-Bees alike, although all of them could pass for human. A boy called Pops is the unofficial leader of the bunch. Heís only about nineteen years old, but has grown up on the streets and has contacts all over the ĎBurbs. The eldest member of The Nest is a body-fixer called Doc whose actual age is unknown but definitely older than the teenagers who make up most of the rest of the group. All the Nesters know Doc is a D-Bee, but no one knows his exact origins and he appears completely human. One of the more persistent rumors is that Doc is an elf who had plastic surgery to make him appear more human, but he will neither confirm nor deny it. Most Nesters donít care to ask. The Nest often does the wrong thing for the right reason, stealing from the rich to give to the poor and such. Occasionally they do find themselves in more serious trouble. Silverware might also be a member of this group.

Underclocked, here is some information for your character. The shop that Fixer works at is called Jimboís Repair, and it is located in Stockyard. The owner, Jimbo, an old fellow who long ago gave up hopes of citizenship in Chi-Town, is pretty skilled at his craft, but lacks the expertise needed to work on many M.D.C. materials. His specialty is automotive repair, but he is also a skilled electrician and S.D.C. firearms maintenance man. Among his employees is a draymin named Chylot who seems to have exceptional skill in M.D.C. armor repair and little else. There is also a dwarf named Feyor who apparently owes Jimbo some sort of life-debt and works extremely long hours in the shop in exchange for minimal food and shelter and no pay. A couple of humans also work there. Mary Tyler is a middle-age woman who is a good electrician and knows how to service medical equipment, but not bionics or cybernetics. A man by the name of Sean has a specialty in body work and salvage. He is usually away from the shop scrounging up parts or making deals with other merchants for scrap. Fixer has a Psi-Stalker rival who has beaten him to the mark at more than one bounty. The Psi-Stalkerís name is Claymore, and the last time the two met Claymore practically stole the bounty from Fixer when the latter was wounded after a fight and too weak to protest. Claymore has tattooed his arms with enormous paired swords that run from the top of his shoulders down to a point on each of his middle fingers. He has swords tattooed on other parts of his body as well, including a large one that covers his left breast. Fixer has heard a rumor that Claymore used to be part of Psi-Battalion, but was discharged for unknown reasons.

Silverware
07-26-2011, 07:48 AM
Okay modified my character a little.
IQ 16, MA 8, ME 8, PS 10, PP 12, PE 8, PB 9, Spd 13
OCC Skills
Cryptography, Electronic Countermeasures, Surveilance, Prowl, Computer Programming, Computer Hacking, Find Contraband, Roadwise, Concealment, ID Undercover Agent
Secondary Skills
Radio Basic, Basic Electronics, Photography, Research, Climbing, First Aid, Athletics General.

airwalkrr
07-27-2011, 02:29 PM
If everyone is pretty much ready to go, we can arrange for the first game on August 5th 13:00 to 18:00 CST (GMT -6).

As a reminder, I'll be available this Friday from 12:00 to 14:00 in the Palladium Chat room. If you need to arrange another time to hash out the final details for your character, PM me your availability and we'll make arrangements. After that I will set up a thread either here or at Forums of the Megaverse solely for everyone to post their character sheets. I have a character sheet format I'd like everyone to use that I will be emailing.

underclocked
07-27-2011, 03:57 PM
If everyone is pretty much ready to go, we can arrange for the first game on August 5th 13:00 to 18:00 CST (GMT -6).

I should be ready, I just have to roll stats and such, which brings me to...

As a reminder, I'll be available this Friday from 12:00 to 14:00 in the Palladium Chat room.

I'll be on at the same time to roll stats and flesh out all the other stuff I have to roll for, like my HP/SDC and my save vs. magic (yeah, it's a 1D4). I'll be on there as "No-Neck Mauler"

Dark Maiden
07-27-2011, 04:20 PM
As I said, the sheet you sent is really too hard to fill out with ease. Can I use the one I have made out already?

underclocked
07-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I do need a bit of clarification since the wording is a bit shotty. It occurs on page 155 and relates to equipment.

"[...] One weapon for every W.P. plus 1D6+1 E-Clips, [...]"

Okay, so is it a total of 1D6+1 E-Clips or is it 1D6+1 E-Clips per weapon? I bring this up since I have a weapon that doesn't use E-Clips, but drum-style magazine, so would I roll 1D6+1 for the amount of magazines or would I roll some other variable, like 1D4? I already checked the Palladium site and there's no explanation. I apologize if it seems like I'm over-analyzing.

xannatose
07-28-2011, 02:22 AM
I would be interested in joining I can easily make up a character real quick. I would be interested in playing a caster type if no one has filled that spot yet. Just give me the heads up and I will get into contact with the players so we can communitcate on what we need.I have every rifts book made either in hardcopy or thru PDF.Will be looking forward to your reply.

airwalkrr
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Okay so I will see underclocked tomorrow for stat rolling. Anyone else who needs to roll other details please join the chat tomorrow or email me some times you would be available to do so otherwise (remember to convert to GMT for different time zones).

DarkMaiden has sent me a really nice pdf form-fillable sheet which I really like. I will email it out to the group. I think it will probably be better to use than Word document one I have. Apologies to those of you who have already begun filling out the Word document but I like all players to use the same sheet and I think the one DarkMaiden sent me is one of the best I've ever seen.

Underclocked as for the ammo, if the weapon doesn't use e-clips, you get to start with one standard load of ammo for whatever type of weapon it is. If it is a double-barreled shot-gun, you'd get two shells. If it is a six-shooter/revolver, you'd get six bullets. If it was a desert eagle .357, you'd get nine bullets. Etc.

Xannatose, I have sent you a PM. Please reply to it with your email. Currently the party has two City Rats and a Psi-Stalker. As this is initially supposed to be a low-powered campaign, the only Practitioners of Magic O.C.C. allowed at this point in time is the Mystic. If you wanted to eventually multiclass into a more powerful Practitioners of Magic O.C.C., choosing the Mystic would be your best option since it would involve fewer multiclassing penalties. If you are available tomorrow, Friday, July 29, from 12:00 to 14:00 CST (GMT -6), I will be available on the Palladium Books Chatroom (http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=89) to discuss characters and roll stats and other miscellaneous stuff (note you need to be logged in with a Forums of the Megaverse (http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/index.php) screen name to access the chatroom; accounts are free and easy to acquire). Otherwise email or PM me your availability and we can work out a time to roll stuff.

Incidentally, this brings up something DarkMaiden might want to consider. DarkMaiden, since you are planning to try to get M.O.M. conversion and become a Crazy, you will require double experience points to level as a Crazy from that point since you started out in the Adventurers and Scholars category. With that in mind, you might want to consider starting as a Merc Soldier so that you are a Man at Arms from the start and don't suffer an experience point penalty for switching to a different O.C.C. category.

xannatose
07-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Are headhunters a possibility? When you say low-powered I would expect the merc soldier and the headhunter to be the 2 best low-powered fighter types. Just give me a heads up on if the headhunter is acceptable. If not please give me a list of the playable O.C.C's.

Dark Maiden
07-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Incidentally, this brings up something DarkMaiden might want to consider. DarkMaiden, since you are planning to try to get M.O.M. conversion and become a Crazy, you will require double experience points to level as a Crazy from that point since you started out in the Adventurers and Scholars category. With that in mind, you might want to consider starting as a Merc Soldier so that you are a Man at Arms from the start and don't suffer an experience point penalty for switching to a different O.C.C. category.

And now you bring this up????? LMAO

Ah, I'll live with any xp issues. Going away from my concept would ruin the flavor of the character, and who knows, as time goes on, she might not even go in that direction. Situations in the game might lead her to a totally differnt direction, hell she might never stop being just a crazy City Rat. :D

Who knows what the future holds. *Looks all wise and stuff*

airwalkrr
07-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Headhunters are not allowed for starting O.C.C.s. See the OP of this thread for a list of allowed O.C.C.s. The only Man at Arms O.C.C. allowed is the Merc Soldier.

Yeah, sorry Dark Maiden, it slipped my mind when you first brought up the Crazy O.C.C. since it had been a while since I had read the rules for Multiple O.C.C.s. I just reviewed them a few days ago and realized that so I at least wanted to give you fair warning. Of course, given the atmosphere I hope to create with this campaign, it would probably be quite appropriate for an XP penalty anyway if you do eventually decide to go that route since you will get a significant boost in power. However, you could still play much the same character as a Merc Soldier. Your character would probably just be a little older and have a slightly different skill list, but Merc Soldiers are very versatile when it comes to skills since they have a lot of specialties to choose from. You can stay as a City Rat of course. I just wanted to inform you of the effect for future reference. I made sure to allow at least one O.C.C. from every category for those who are planning to learn a new O.C.C. at a later time.

underclocked
07-29-2011, 02:57 PM
So, here's the link for my character sheet:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8HxB-AgA-2-MjNlNGIxNWUtNjFlOC00NWU3LWI3OTQtZmNlZmNjMDRmMDQy&hl=en_US

xannatose
07-29-2011, 07:28 PM
After seeing which O.C.C's you can pick on the first page ill be writing up a mind melter psychic.

airwalkrr
07-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Okay, that will present you with some very interesting challenges for this campaign. Your character will wield incredible power but be incredibly vulnerable in the 'Burbs to CS Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys. First of all, we'll need to come up with an explanation for how your character made it into the 'Burbs in the first place and why your character wants to stay. Perhaps your character is young and grew up in the 'Burbs, but the character's psychic power was latent until just recently. Perhaps your character is a refugee from Tolkeen who has come to the 'Burbs to join a Retribution Squad. These are just some ideas. Feel free to come up with one yourself.

Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility. The Mind Melter is a powerful class but easily detected by Psi-Stalkers and Dog Boys, and Mind Melters are not welcome in the CS, not even the 'Burbs. So your character will have to keep a very low profile and keep psychic power use in check much of the time since it is like sending out a single flare to the CS letting them know a powerful (unwanted) psychic is nearby. It could be a very rewarding roleplay challenge though. I am very much liking the interesting possibilities it presents.

xannatose
07-30-2011, 12:21 AM
I understand some of the challenges this O.C.C will present. The race i am interested in choosing would be the changeling. Reading about this race it is said that the splugorth have brought some to rifts earth to be bounty hunters. Being a changeling mind melter is a possibility through the rifts rules and I would only need the o.k from you. I think it would help me out alot being in the burbs having the ability to change my physical looks as well as being able to change my aura that psychics detect. If you give me the thumbs up I already have a very good background story for this character.

QuixoticTheKid
07-30-2011, 01:31 PM
You guys wouldn't happen to need another Pc in your party would ya?
Haven't gamed Rifts in about a year,it's my fav and i dig the campaign out line.
Tried to get my own game going but that didn't work so i'm back at step one,would you all like to take in a cat the stray?

Dark Maiden
07-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Well as a player I would have no probs with it. I think that would make us 5, a nice round number. :D

underclocked
07-30-2011, 02:54 PM
As another player, I'd have no problem with a fifth member either as it could make the party a bit more well rounded.

As for a mind melter, I have no problem with it, even if my character will be salivating most of the time. Sadly, I think our humble, friendly GM won't allow for a changeling since they're not from the Ultimate Edition book. Trust me, I wish I could play a few of the races from Conversion Book One Revised since there are some awesome ones in there, like the Quorian, Gosai, and others. So, you may be stuck playing a human (and to quote Robot Monster, "To live like the human, to be like the human."), or in the case of a mind melter a human mutant.

airwalkrr
07-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Xannatose, being a changeling would be an even tougher challenge. Not only would you be a Mind Melter (and banned from the CS), you would be considered a D-Bee and a creature of magic simply by virtue of your ability to change your shape. The CS doesn't take either of these things lightly. If you were ever discovered by the CS you would be killed on the spot, even by a reasonable and good-aligned CS officer. Also they (changelings) are extremely rare outside of Atlantis. I will have to think about it. My first inclination is to say it is far too implausible to work. But perhaps if you email me some details about what you are thinking for background I can wrap my head around the idea better.

QuixoticTheKid, there is still room. I will take up to six players and I currently have four. So far we have two City Rats--one focused on burglary and stealth and another focused on technical skills--a civilized Psi-Stalker bounty hunter, and a Mind Melter. What are you interested in playing? Send me a PM with your email and I will send you the character sheet. Also post a brief write-up on the kind of character you are interested in playing.

I am currently scheduling our first game for the 5th of August. I will try to make myself available for chat a few times next week for the new players to make their rolls.

Note: I did specify that the only D-Bees allowed will be SDC-only who can pass as human. So some D-Bees from Conversion Book 1 or World Book 30: D-Bees of North America might be acceptable. But playing a D-Bee comes with a hefty role-playing challenge. The CS has a very strong presence in the 'Burbs and most won't care about gunning you down on sight. As this is a low-powered campaign your only option in these circumstances will be to run.

QuixoticTheKid
07-31-2011, 10:42 PM
I was wanting to play a Wilderness scout,or maybe a Burster.
My email is Quixotic1329@gmail.com.
Thanx for having me i'm plotting my character out now and have decided to run a Wilderness Scout.

QuixoticTheKid
08-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Could i run anElven wilderness scout?Just seems like it would fit the character scheme i have in my head...

airwalkrr
08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
An elf wilderness scout would work. You should think about some background regarding whether your character was born on Rifts Earth or was born on some other world like Palladium Fantasy and got transported to Rifts Earth. As long as you wear big hats or helmets most of the time no one will be able to really tell you aren't human. For the cost of some creds, I could also say your character has had some cosmetic surgery to remove the pointy ears and look more human so that you'd fit in more easily.

Dark Maiden
08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Got and odd question.

Do D-Bees mate with humans? Can't remember.

underclocked
08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Got and odd question.

Do D-Bees mate with humans? Can't remember.

I don't think so, otherwise there might be some really freaky half-breeds out there... But considering classic fantasy works, I'm pretty sure that Palladium would say that elves and humans could probably mate.

Dark Maiden
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't think so, otherwise there might be some really freaky half-breeds out there... But considering classic fantasy works, I'm pretty sure that Palladium would say that elves and humans could probably mate.

Well when you think of the number of Mutants, Gene-splicing and Bio-Experimentation, just seems to me that inter-breeding between races would be one of the most mundane thing you would come across.

airwalkrr
08-02-2011, 02:15 PM
D-Bees and humans can "mate," but cannot generally breed IMC. If they do breed successfully, it generally results in a "mule," a sterile crossbreed. Such crossbreeds will almost always be NPCs IMC, not player characters.

Update on availability for chat: I will be online from 12:00 to 14:00 CST (GMT -6) in the Palladium Chatroom Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week. I will probably also remain logged in from 14:00 to 18:00 and check intermittently although I will probably be AFK for some of these times. So if you have questions or need to make rolls, show up between 12:00 and 14:00 one of those days, or you can try your luck between 14:00 and 18:00. If you email me that you are going to be online at a different time, I will do my best to make sure I am online at that time.

A Forums of the Megaverse (http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/index.php) account is required to log in to the Palladium Books Chatroom (http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=89), which will be the location for the game. Such an account is free and easy to sign up for. So make sure you have your account set up before the game Friday. As a reminder the game will be this Friday, August 5th, from 13:00 to 18:00 CST (GMT -6).

underclocked
08-03-2011, 01:10 AM
I do remember reading in Conversion Book 1 that offspring can never be conceived outside of a being's own species, with the exception of maybe a wolven and a dog boy whose breed is a wolf (the great and honorable Kevin Siembieda's decision), but I would guess that the chances on that are low. I guess I could see how genetic manipulation or bio-wizardry could modify the genetic code to accept alien DNA and therefore make some "hell-spawned" D-Bee/human hybrid (probably the CS or NGR view-point), but I'm sure the cost and time for trial and error make it an unfavorable approach, except in the area of maybe creating the Xiticix-Killer (but they are purely made in test-tubes).

xannatose
08-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Hey guys im sorry to have to say this, but I got some good news and some bad news. The good news is I got a promotion (yay for me) and the bad news is that have a new schedule now. So I can no longer game at the times need to be in this group. Im sorry about this and you guys are back at 4 again. Thank you all and I will keep in touch. If my schedule changes I will PM you air.

airwalkrr
08-03-2011, 07:08 PM
So here is the current status of the game. I have four players, two of whom have completed characters.
Dark Maiden - "Catspaw," human City Rat (with possible mutations)
underclocked - "Fixer," Psi-Stalker
Silverware - human City Rat (character sheet not submitted)
QuixoticTheKid - Elven Wilderness Scout (character sheet not submitted, rolls not made)

I will be online tomorrow from 12:00 to 14:00 CST (GMT -6) to discuss character details with those of you who still need it. Otherwise we will wing it for the first session. If you haven't submitted a character sheet by email or still need to make rolls, please try to visit the chat room tomorrow so we can take care of rolls and any questions before the game on Friday. If not, it's not a huge deal, but it will be easier if you can have a character sheet ready in advance. Otherwise we'll just go with some baseline assumptions and you can get your character sheets ready for the next session which will be August 19.

Silverware
08-04-2011, 02:27 AM
Sorry, I have been caught up in work and other things, so haven't been able to get a character sheet done up.

airwalkrr
08-04-2011, 12:14 PM
If you have time to do it today, that's great. Otherwise, we can just use some approximations based on the skills you took.

Dark Maiden
08-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Can't wait for tomorrow. Even though I'm not good at the typing stuff, at least it's not PbP. LMAO

Silverware
08-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Ill be there, got the character sheet mostly done too. Some things I dont know, and one I need the answer to, but then ill send it to ya.

airwalkrr
08-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Quick update: The game is located in the Palladium Books Chatroom (http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/chat/). If you show up late and don't see anyone in the MegaversalNexus channel (which is the main room), then hop on over to the RiftsGames channel, where the actual game will be taking place.

airwalkrr
08-06-2011, 01:42 AM
A link to the details of the first session have been uploaded as a google doc in the OP. Experience earned is 385 for Fixer and 385 for Catspaw. I usually try to keep experience approximately even and heroic/roleplay focused, but some characters might get bonus experience for excellent roleplay or extremely heroic actions. It just so happened that my calculations came out exactly even this time. Let me know if you have any problems with the link.

For those players who couldn't make it, reading the chat session can help you get acquainted with what's going on and I will work you into the story at the next game. Next session is scheduled for 2011-08-19 at 13:00 CST (GMT -6).

airwalkrr
08-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Just to let everyone know, I am still looking for players. So far I have only had two players show up to a game and not having great contact with the other two. So if you are interested to get in on this, let me know.

airwalkrr
08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Bump to keep this up there and let everyone know I am still recruiting. Have 2-4 spots open.

Dark Maiden
08-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Come on peeps. The Burbs are awaitin! :D

airwalkrr
08-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Silverware and QuixoticTheKid, what are your respective statuses? Are you two still interested in the game?

Silverware
08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry, yes. I have my char sheet mostly done, ill email it to you, and you can tell me anything i need to do further.
Im not entirely sure the characters background though.

airwalkrr
08-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Silverware, here is a link (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/20019-RIFTS-Campaign-Online-Chi-Town-Burbs?p=162582#post162582) to some background ideas I had for you. We can start with the general and work down to the specific as the campaign progresses. There is no need to come up with a really detailed background yet.

airwalkrr
08-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Silverware if you'd like to meet me in chat tomorrow from 12:00 to 14:00 CST (GMT -6) I can arrange to be there.

I will PM QuixoticTheKid before I right him off.

Still have spots open for players. I had a PM from someone on the Forums of the Megaverse so we may have another player there.

Next game is August 19th, 2011 from 13:00 to 18:00 CST (GMT -6). Be sure to remember to adjust for your local time!

Silverware
08-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes Ill see about being there at that time. Should be able to make it.

airwalkrr
08-12-2011, 12:06 PM
I actually have to take care of an afternoon appointment. Sort of last minute notice so sorry. I will try to be online between 14:00 and 16:00 CST (GMT -6) though.

airwalkrr
08-13-2011, 07:26 PM
We have a new player, Shadovar, who will be playing a freeborn Dog Boy. That brings us to four, if we include Silverware. Next game is Aug. 19, 2011 from 12:00 to 17:00 CST (GMT -6) at the Palladium Books Chatroom on the RiftsGames channel. If Shadovar and/or Silverware would like to arrange a personal session before that to get you more involved in the story, please let me know your availability. I am generally available from 12:00 to 17:00 CST (GMT -6) most days.

Edit: Also I will need an email address PMed to me from Shadovar.

underclocked
08-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Bad news: I've got work Friday from 1:30PM to 7:00PM (Central Time) so I won't be able to make it to the game. Hopefully, work will actually get my notes about my new availability next time.

Silverware
08-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Im avaliable for a private session most days, from 1400 CST, 0800 NZT. Mon and Tues I have to leave by 1200 NZT (+12GMT) ~1800 CST.
Wed I have to be gone by 1000 NZT, Thurs I have all day free, but this thurs I have From Dust arriving so not a good time =P.
Fridays I cant be avaliable in the morning.
Oh and since im a day ahead you just have to wind the days backwards one to get your day. lol.
Woo for seeing the future =P

airwalkrr
08-14-2011, 06:40 PM
NP Silverware. How about we arrange for a private session from 13:00 to 15:00 on August 16, 2011 CST (NZT August 17, 2011 from 06:00 to 10:00 if I am converting time properly)? Does that work for you?

shadovar
08-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Hey I wouldn't mind having a private session to get things rolling, but i was thinking maby me and silverware (If he would like to) could have a shared session? If not just tell me a time Tuesday to Thursday 10am-12pm Pacific time

Silverware
08-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Wednesday... ooo sure. Got class at 12 so have to leave by 11... but the class isnt that important so all good.
1300-1500 16 Aug 2011 CST is fine.
Your only off by a little, would be 0700 to 0900 NZT
Also im all up for making it a combined session if that suits.

airwalkrr
08-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Shadovar, would Tuesday 11:00 to 13:00 PST (GMT -8) work for you? If so we can meet then. I'll be online tomorrow from 13:00 to 15:00 CST (GMT -6) and get something prepped. Make sure you get a Forums of the Megaverse account if you don't have one already. Chatroom is here (http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=89).

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Counting the one new player from the Forums of the Megaverse, that brings us up to five, so I'll be suspending recruiting for the time being.

airwalkrr
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Okay, well this game is definitely full now. I just got a PM from another player on Forums of the Megaverse. I'll be logging in about two hours from now for any early arrivals who want to discuss characters or roll before the game. Then we'll begin at 13:00 CST (GMT -6).

shadovar
08-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Um sorry I missed your time allotment air, had to go to pt with a friend...

Hardnox2k
08-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Ok I have made my character and background. So without further ado, I present Mooch (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D0TVpE25ytjFT5Xt8SfAWfZ0z9LKeRu0uAyUWUhec2Q/edit?hl=en_US) ...er Melanie LaMont.

airwalkrr
08-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Hardnox2k, have you sent me your email via PM yet? I need to send you a character sheet if not. Will you be joining us Friday?

Hardnox2k
08-17-2011, 08:23 PM
I hope to if I my character is approved. If you have any questions or comments I can be found in the Megaverse chatroom most days since I log in from my phone.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Oh I sent you a pm via the palladium forum..sorry..I'll post here soon

Hardnox2k
08-18-2011, 12:17 AM
ok I put my character on the approved character sheet...Mooch (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B7e0LEWe5SqEY2MwMzg2Y2QtMTdjNS00MzMxLTk5NWM tNmJiYWM0MTA3N2Jj&hl=en_US)

Dark Maiden
08-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Yo Air, Guys...we're in the room where are you?

airwalkrr
08-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Sorry guys. Some stuff came up at work and I had to stay really late today. I didn't have access to a computer and didn't have time to let you know. Really sorry about this. We'll reschedule for two weeks from today if that's okay with everyone. Sorry again. I didn't mean to leave you all hanging like that.

underclocked
08-19-2011, 08:06 PM
While it does suck that the game didn't happen I'm sort of glad because I wasn't able to make it to today's game myself (secretive grin...). I can't wait for the next game as it'll culminate in lots of anxious waiting.

Hardnox2k
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
I was wondering if anyone had an objection to me adjusting my character before the game? I have not played her yet and the adjustment is in skills and attribute allocation. My character's background has changed a bit as well. Please and thank you. Here is the link.. K.I.T.T. (https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0Abe0LEWe5SqEZGZ4Z3R3N2hfMGN2eGhzZmhw&hl=en_US)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NUKrx64ZJaY/TlUfGFf87hI/AAAAAAAAAA8/3DmxWoXtvnI/s576/Knight_Rider.jpg

airwalkrr
08-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Regarding your vehicles, you are limited to the following from RUE: speedster hovercycle, wastelander motorcycle, highway-man motorcycle, big boss ATV, mountaineer ATV, and wilk's jet pack.

While it is fine for you to select the old-style CS gear listed in RUE, note that it can have some seriously negative consequences in two ways. 1) CS soldiers, ISS, etc. might suspect you stole it and try to arrest or kill you for it. Plenty of CS characters are just looking for excuses to persecute burbies. 2) Non-CS characters might assume you are a CS soldier or representative; after all, there are plenty of divisions that still use the old-style CS equipment as of 109 PA, especially the ISS and other policing-related forces. By selecting standard weapons and body armor that is almost entirely CS design, it might be a hindrance in getting certain characters to trust or interact with you, even if you have repainted/reskinned the equipment. You can only change the appearance of the equipment so much. I just wanted to make you aware of these things so it doesn't surprise you in the middle of the game.

I'd like you to email me a point for point breakdown on how you generated your stats. They seem incredibly high.

If you did as I assume and add in bonuses to compensate for low ability scores, then that option is not available to you if you choose the point buy method so your PE and PB scores should probably be lower.

airwalkrr
08-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Quick reminder: Our next game will be on Friday, September 2nd, from 13:00 to 17:00 (1 pm to 5 pm) CST (GMT -6). Hardknox2k's character is approved. I will try to schedule a meeting with Hardknox2k this coming week to get Mooch into the game, but if not, we'll just drop her into the game with a quick retcon or something similar.

airwalkrr
08-28-2011, 01:28 PM
I will be meeting with Hardnox2k at 14:30 (2:30 pm) CST (GMT -6) this Tuesday to work Mooch into the campaign. If you have any questions or just want to come hang out, feel free to join us in the Palladium Books Chatroom.

underclocked
09-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Can't wait to get playing tomorrow. I do have work in the morning, but my shift ends at 11:45 so I should have plenty of time to get home and log on.

airwalkrr
09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Next game tomorrow Friday the 2nd at 13:00 (1 pm) CST (GMT -6). Will be in the Palladium Chatroom a little early if I can.

Silverware
09-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Argh. Poor Wing, has his face knifed in. Well heres to hoping he survives.

Zebrakillzunicorn
09-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Are you still accepting new players?

I have a Cyber-Knight character I'd like to dust off. He's only lvl 2 :\ (It's from an old RL group I used to play with)

airwalkrr
09-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Wing ought to survive. But he'll have a nice scar to remember the incident by. Of course, heroism has its rewards. Wing's bravery in attempting ot save the child will be reflected in the experience totals.

Zebra, I am still accepting players, but Cyber-Knights are not allowed as starting OCCs as this is a low-powered game. You would be welcome to start as a Merc Soldier and then train to become a Cyber-Knight later. PM me your email to start. Then we can start talking about your character.

Still working on the chat logs. I will probably host them on Obsidian Portal at some point. Still need to catch up on two mini sessions and one regular session for experience.

Next game is scheduled for Sep. 16 from 1300 (1 pm) to 1800 (5 pm) CST (GMT -6). Be sure to calculate your time zone changes accordingly!

airwalkrr
09-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Here are the first two chat logs. Still working on editing session 3 and 4.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oQ-9ND5LXKGPfdJ4I2u-ZTscPXf92aRRiwuec0FFueI/edit?hl=en_US (Session 1: Catspaw and Fixer Intro)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tshb4icFloPo1NEPg_fSDcYZ8NGWPboBiNUJZWsnSLQ/edit?hl=en_US (Session 2: Dr. A.D. and Wing Intro)
I've also calculated experience for Session 2. Dr. A.D. earned 145 points and Wing earned 140 points. I'll probably be tracking these in an online Google Docs spreadsheet soon.

Our next game is September 16th, 2011 from 13:00 (1 pm) to 16:00 (5 pm) CST (GMT -6). I'll continue to work on experience and posting the chat logs between now and then.

airwalkrr
09-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Bump. Still semi-recruiting if anyone is interested. Will try to get the other two logs posted before the next game this Friday.

airwalkrr
09-16-2011, 02:02 PM
As of 14:00 CST (2 pm GMT -6) only underclocked had arrived in the chat room, so the game for today is cancelled due to no-shows. I will send out an email as a reminder for our next game. Hopefully that will help remind people.

Dark Maiden
09-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Ok. I made it in a bit late cause my machine is acting up. Is there a chance, next time, you can wait, at least, and hour. Just in case?

airwalkrr
09-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Underclocked and I did actually wait a little over an hour to see if anyone else would show. Sorry you missed us, DM.

Game is happening 45 minutes from now! Get your (virtual) dice and (virtual) character sheets ready! Hopefully we have a good turnout today.

Dark Maiden
10-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Ok it is 2:24. I got to the room 7 minutes ago and no one is there.

airwalkrr
10-08-2011, 01:11 AM
We are only meeting every other week. I think you might have left the chat early, but the next game is scheduled for the 14th. I am sending out email reminders the day before games now, so if you aren't sure, just check your email. The schedule for our next three games will be Oct 14, Oct 28, and Nov 11.

airwalkrr
10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I have unfortunate news to report. My wife was in a car accident last Friday and it has thrown our lives out of whack for the time being. I am going to have to cancel our game for this week (the 14th). If it is agreeable to everyone, we can reschedule to the 21st. Otherwise, we can simply resume our regular sessions on the 28th. Let me know what you think either by posting here or by email.

airwalkrr
10-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Just so everyone is aware, our next game is scheduled for the 28th. I will send out a reminder email next week a day or two before the game.

airwalkrr
11-12-2011, 01:42 PM
We just had game 7 last night. The chat log can be found here (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bw8-g0Lk7JvuNjdhMThiNTMtZjJjYi00ODc3LTkwZGItYzY1YzdiZj djNTg0). I had some problems extracting the html from Chrome so you will have to download it then open it in a web browser to view it. I am opening up recruiting again as we have had deteriorating attendance over the last three sessions. Get in touch with me if you'd like to join in.

airwalkrr
11-19-2011, 02:49 AM
I have posted chat logs for all sessions except for 3 and 4 since they will take some formatting to be presentable. The other five logs are available for viewing/download on the first page. I have also posted the experience chart (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag8-g0Lk7JvudEFKN1dnWHZ3ZkN0alhIT2Q5R1hfbnc) on the first page.

The next meet would normally be scheduled for the 25th, but since that is on the Thanksgiving holiday, we will break that week. Our next scheduled session is December 9, 2011. Mark your calendars!

I still have a webpage in the works (mostly theory at this point) for the game. It will be holding all of these chat logs and charts for future reference eventually, but for now this thread will have to suffice.