PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis, MO - DND 4th Edition Game Looking for New and Experienced Players Alike

algorand
06-20-2011, 07:06 PM
I (age 36) have a weekly Saturday evening session already as a player, but my brother (age 24) has expressed an interest in learning more about DND (he's played about a dozen times) and so I'm launching a new 4th Edition DND Forgotten Realms campaign to be played weekly here in the Saint Louis area (west county). I will be hosting the game, doing the DM work and I'm very friendly to newer players.

The game will be a nice heady mix of combat and role-playing and I stay as close as I can to the rules as written. I run challenging games that reward tactical planning as well as rewarding creative and involving character roleplaying, so bring both sides of your brain. Also bring a plan to commit to the weekly session (assuming you enjoy yourself).

Since games are best played with cool good friends, I do conduct a short email interview (and sometimes one in person as well) to make sure we'll get along and have a great game for months to come.

I look forward to meeting you all.

recoveringcynic
06-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi my name is Anthony. I'm also 36 and I live in South County. I've plenty of experience with RPG's and old school D&D (1st, 2nd and 3.5) editions but next to no knowledge of 4rth ed other than what I have read online and picked up at the local gaming store.

I've had a run of bad luck getting a good group of people to commit to get together to game and don't have very many friends in my area locally so I'd thought I'd give you a shout out and let you know that I'm interested in the game or just to hang out sometime and grab a beer.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Anthony

algorand
06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
I'll send you over my standard little quiz about gaming and so on. It's nothing too intense, just a way of seeing if it's a good player-GM fit so everyone has the best chance of a fun time at the table.

Halimoth
06-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi, I am interested in getting back into gaming. I have played DND 2ed, pickedup some 3.5 and 4 ed books, but haven't gotten into a group in years. What day look best, and what times are you thinking of?

algorand
06-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Right now, Tuesday evenings from 7pm-12am looks most likely.

Glad you liked the sound of my other group's post (the Wildwood game post from a year or two ago) -- that's roughly what you should expect from my game, but with less veterans as players.

If you're interested in a weekly weenight game, message me and I'll send over my little questionairre.