PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wayne D&D 4.0 Egyptian Themed campaign

Obah Bason
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Long running D&D 4.0 game, with an ancient Egyptian theme, has 1 or 2 open seats due to real life nuisances. Party is currently 18th level, good band of 4 core players. Would like to flesh it out with 1 or 2 more players. The game is a good mix of combat, puzzles, mystery, role play, and some fun tangents into unconventional gaming. Please feel free to pm me with any questions about it.

Jabo
07-02-2014, 07:20 PM
hi there I think I was apart of your group when 4th edition first came out. I had moved but recently came back to the area in december and looking for a new group for the newest edition (5th) I was curious if you plan on running it and if so have a couple spots open for me and maybe my fiance.

Chris

Obah Bason
07-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Hi Chris; welcome back.
I am actually still running that Egyptian 4E game, believe it or not. The party is 30th level, and we are right at the epic climax of the campaign, maybe 3 more game sessions? Crazy it's been going this long. I actually can't wait for it to end at this point, as I am understandably burnt out on both my setting and the system, and I just want to wrap it all up with a tidy bow.

I am also incredibly underwhelmed with what WotC is doing with "Next" or 5E, or whatever they are calling it. They are going to have to light the world on fire at GenCon to get me to care at this point. From the little we have played in the playtests, the game is just Second Edition AD&D with a little glitter thrown on it. My opinion only, I'm sure the game will be fine, but I am not going to run out and buy another 7 books at $40 each to find out.

I am actually looking to move my gaming to the new Fantasy Flight Star Wars game. I've played it a few times, and at first, it's just confusing as crap, but then you play it, and you're like "OH! I get it now, Awesome!"

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=232

After I wrap up the Egyptian thing, I am going to take a few months off and try and decide if and what I want to run next. I will try to stay in touch if anything pans out. I know there will be 5th Edition games in town, but not at the BCT we gamed at originally. They moved and no longer have room for gaming in the back.

Chris

Jabo
07-03-2014, 05:41 PM
No worries I'm sure I'll find a new group. I've checked out that Star Wars game but with my miniature painting, work and school I really only have time for one game. And your right it reminds me of second edition but with out thaco which isn't a bad thing.

thanks again and if you look to start up again low me know