PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Song of Ice and Fire RP game (aka The Game of Thrones) PBP

Jayzilla
05-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Hullo all, I haven't been on this website in nearly 3 years! I GM'd a few 4e games back in the day.

Now I'm back, because I'd like to GM a PBP Game of Thrones. The system is created by Green Ronin, and is really interesting: it's d6 based, and features a system to create the characters' family house, including stat block, random events, and ways for characters to cause the house to grow (or shrink!). Add on to that a straightforward warfare system that allows characters to command whole armies, and it gets pretty intense!

Message me or post here if you want more details or would like to join. Thanks!

Edit: And the game is officially started, with 5 players. Thanks for looking!

Auxifur
05-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Interest check, doc. Any open seats?

Ser Bunghole
05-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm game.

I've just picked up the core rulebook and campaign guide and I'm very excited to play SIF. I tried to start a PbP game on the Wizards forums using the short adventure in the Quick Play Rules, but there didn't seem to be any interest; nor could I find anyone from my existing 4e games to play via MapTool and Skype.

I'm looking forward to it, especially house creation.

Jayzilla
05-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I have 3-4 open seats currently, if you want to claim a seat, please PM me with your time zone, character idea (just the concept is fine), if you have access to the book, and your available times.

I'd like to do the house rolling on skype, and at that time talk with the group about if we want to do forum posting or skype sessions for our actual game play.

Jayzilla
05-15-2011, 11:51 PM
update: currently have 3 seats claimed, so I've got 1-2 more if anyone is interested. the game times will be 8-10:30 pm (central). the day is not decided. It will be one of these: tues, wed, friday. Please PM if interested! to the players who have claimed a spot (Pieh, Bunghole, and Auxifer), hopefully we'll be doing a skype session during the above time this monday to discuss times and create a house.

Edit: monday doesn't work, so we'll try to meet tuesday on skype. I will PM the players with my skype ID.

Samuraisin
05-16-2011, 02:16 PM
I would definitely like to participate.

mwack
05-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I am also interested if there's still room.

Jayzilla
05-17-2011, 04:47 PM
we've got one spot left. we're meeting today at 8pm central via skype to make a house + character sheets, and plan when our weekly sessions are going to be held. let me know if you can make it

mwack
05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Sure, I can make it, just let me know your Skype ID

Jayzilla
05-18-2011, 10:26 AM
And the game is officially started, with 5 players. Thanks for looking!

PaulS
08-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Any chance this game is still open?