PDA

View Full Version : mmmhmmm

jrlx25
05-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I suppose to not look like a bigger... child... to those that i have insulted by my rants on scientology and executing it well... I apologize... I do not expect to return to the chat... as i can see what type of people you really are. That being said... its been a fun trip... now to infect the irc channels.

yukonhorror
05-03-2011, 04:08 PM
I have NO clue what is going on, but you know there is a mod specifically for the chatrooms (cplmac I want to say). May want to bring up any grievances with him.

Dark
05-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I always tend to keep Religion or Politics out of chat a bit touchy yeah.

yukonhorror
05-03-2011, 05:24 PM
those are 2 of the 3 forbidden topics (the third being sex)

jrlx25
05-03-2011, 06:47 PM
If for fact i knew someone was a scientologist i wouldnt have done it. but the fact that people are cry babies makes it more worth.

rabkala
05-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I hate all views of politics and religion equally, I'm no bigot! As far as SEX, Yes please.

SouthPark has taught me everything I need to know about all religions, political stances, and interesting sex moves. :mod: Are there any other bad topics to address? I will head to the chatroom post haste!

Seriously though, 99.9% of have no idea what the deal is and hate to see any fanatic zealots leave the site.

jrlx25
05-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Im, not a Scientology. Nor a frantic pious.... comedians do it all the time... im just trying to get my career started....

MF Strange
05-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I dont see the big deal with it, obviously you were trying to be funny. i suppose some people just dont get humor. or have a sense of humor.

Farcaster
05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
It is the expectations of these forums and our chat room that if someone asks you to back off and stop harassing them, you do so -- even if you are cooperating. Further, when a moderator is called in and asks you to drop it and you do so and not disrespect or belittle them. That is why this incident was a "big deal."

MF Strange
05-05-2011, 01:57 PM
It seems a bit drastic. doesn't seem like he had insulted anyone and if he had im sure its b/c the way it was brought up. I'm sure there is a lot more than just that, that goes on in the chat that isn't reported that should be. maybe there should be a mod that is in the 24/7. what if i thought something that wasnt "harsh" to be offensive. could i report and get people banned? I mean just read the ToS and it doesnt state specifics, anything could be harassment from people just "joking" and saying common insults to one another.. and there is an ignore button correct? I would think that should be utilized. if it doesn't matter that that option is there take it away and start start auto banning people. Im just trying to get a sense of what can and can not be said. it just seems like someone was singled out for no reason than people wanting something to complain about.

jrlx25
05-05-2011, 02:04 PM
to be honest, i didnt insult anyone as far as insulted go if saying someone is on a power trip and insult i suppose i should school some people on insults. as far as harassing check the logs i didnt "harass" i had asked first before talking about the good life. and moved on to others when they were done. i think you need to re read the logs hell even post the logs to let people see maybe Im more in the right then you giving me credit for. Yes someone of those people dont have a sense of humor. some of them do. I was singled out and the person who was upset with me talking about scientology i suppose is friends with a mod and used that to his advantage so yes i was singled out and ganged up on which is unfair and i think from that stand point it was more unfair than what ever punishment people here think they are giving to me.

jrlx25
05-05-2011, 03:22 PM
And now they are restricting what i can try in the forums last few messages were not insulting... people here are a bunch of nazi's

Farcaster
05-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Jrlx25,

You are completely aware of the specifics of what it was you said and I have already explained to you privately what was inappropriate. I am not going to be drawn into a public debate about this with you, except to say that I have been running this forum for almost five years now and I have only banned a small handful of people in all that time -- other than spam accounts, that is.

The administrative record is plain to see. We are not unfair here, and I gave you the opportunity to earn your way back in to chat by issuing a public apology to those you harassed and the moderator you disrespected. You chose not to do that and took the opposite approach.

Topic closed.

Farcaster
05-09-2011, 03:46 PM
As an aside, it is interesting that the one person who really came to Jrlx25's defense actually ended up being a duplicate account of Jrlx25... Just wanted to add that to clear up things for anyone reviewing this thread.