PDA

View Full Version : City of Thieves

elfinn3
04-30-2011, 11:32 PM
I am looking for players who are interested in a low-magic, thief/rogue based game. I have always loved playing rogues and often feel that DMs just don't provide enough oportunities for roguish types to be roguish. My friend and I decided that, if we can get the players, we'd like to play a game where all the players are members of a thieves' guild. It will be city-based with lots of social skills and very little fighting. We would like to start up around August/September 2011. If this sounds fun to you, let me know! Thanks, and happy gaming!

GC13
05-22-2011, 05:03 PM
I might be interested, though I really must ask whether you think that D&D is the best system for something with a lot of social skill use and very little fighting. :D

elfinn3
05-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Cool. The short answer to your question is, "I don't know." D&D is the only system I'm really familiar with. I have thousands of dollars invested in it, mostly in miniatures. Since it's what I know, and what I have, I use it. I find it works very well. D&D has great traps, which are a must for theify games! Plus, the online character builder makes creating and leveling your character so easy. I am reading up on Freeport right now. They have released some cool 4e Freeport stuff! I anticipate a really fun game! So many cool possibilities in Freeport. Ancient cults, rival thieves' guilds, pirates, sunken treasure, corrupt government, natural disasters, madness! I think it will work just fine.