PDA

View Full Version : Classic modules in 3.5

RealmsDM
04-08-2007, 10:42 PM
has anyone updated & played a classic D&D or AD&D module to 3.5?

rabkala
08-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I ran an updated version of the against the giant series. I found several Dungeon adventures to work in with them ( off the top of my head I remember dungeon issue 118 as one of them).

I also re-ran some old expert set modules when 3e came out. They were great, none of my younger players had ever experienced them. Unfortunately, most of the conversion was done spur of the moment with the original in hand and a few notes I had made in my trusty notebook.

ajmuszkiewicz
08-06-2007, 08:12 AM
I haven't converted anything to 3.5 yet, but when 3e first came out, I ran B2: Keep on the Borderlands. I made a few changes for balance purposes: one encounter with a mess of kobolds had an EL of 5 I think and since the kobold areas are the lowest-level areas in KotB, I was looking at a TPK.

I had been thinking about converting Palace of the Silver Princess, but have never gotten around to it.

Ed Zachary
08-06-2007, 08:23 AM
I'd love to see the Against the Giants series updated for 3.5, and the Vault of the Drow too.

I'd like to see them edit more high level NPC involvement for role playing, and make a book out of it.

Moritz
08-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Totally ran and updated the following

Keep on the Borderlands / Caves of Chaos
Isle of Dread
Temple of Ultimate Evil
Savage Coast
Mountains of Madness
Temple of Elemental Evil
And many more.

Basically, I just seeded my world with those locations so the players could play in an original world that had familiar nostalgic content. I even put them into my mirror NWN module of the same design.

TheYeti1775
08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
I think you would all like this section on EnWorld.
http://www.enworld.org/downloads/index.php?cid=9
It only updates statblocks, but with tweaks of your own, you can be well on your way to running your players through it.

One thing to remember, is the original suggested levels are a little low for 3.5 characters.

rabkala
08-06-2007, 10:39 PM
My brother recently reran The Secret of Bonehill. Most thought it was eerily familiar, but couldn't put their finger on it. Probably because he had changed the names and a few details to fit into his world. Everyone loved it.

Argent
08-14-2007, 12:21 PM
I haven't converted anything to 3.5 yet, but when 3e first came out, I ran B2: Keep on the Borderlands. I made a few changes for balance purposes: one encounter with a mess of kobolds had an EL of 5 I think and since the kobold areas are the lowest-level areas in KotB, I was looking at a TPK.

I had been thinking about converting Palace of the Silver Princess, but have never gotten around to it.

I did update Palace, I'll see if I can find the notes and maybe post them here (or at least a link). It was a fun mod to play through. And I did an updated version of Keep on the Borderlands, since I was using that area as a mini-setting to start a new group of players out. I even gave a reason for all those race to live in such close proximity, which the characters discovered as they cleared out the caves. Lots of fun!

RealmsDM
08-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm actually planning on running a 3.5 version of the Basic D&D module "The Lost City" which should be really fun.

Rewriting "Zargon the ancient" was cool.:D

ajmuszkiewicz
08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I even gave a reason for all those race to live in such close proximity, which the characters discovered as they cleared out the caves. Lots of fun!

I gave them a reason to all be there too, revolving around the Clerics of Chaos and that whole "clerics in disguise" subplot from the Keep.

Moritz
08-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Speaking of old lands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystara

Does anyone actually remember that they called it this?

Ed Zachary
08-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Shadow Over Mystara, Tower Of Doom. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3vuMFb19uk)