PDA

View Full Version : Gonzo Noir Eberron 4E campaign in Seattle

auntymaim
04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
My gaming group just lost 2 players due to career changes and we're looking for a couple folks to fill their spots. I run a campy 4E Eberron setting with a fairly even mix of RP and combat. Our RP tends to be colorful and lighthearted rather than intrigue-intensive - my players tend to groan when I throw them too much politics - but we still have the occasional moments of solving human puzzles.

Above all we're looking for a player who is a good social and gaming style fit - we're a spirited group of players with an average age of around 30, progressive, feminist, glbt-friendly, fond of beer. Our players work with one another to craft characters who can face the challenges of combat, but we are not the game for a serious powergamer. As a GM I sometimes utilize PCs in ways beyond their control (a recent example was a pc that was taken hostage), and I also allow PCs to interject control into my stories (for example a PC who adopted an NPC as a sidekick) - because of this game style I've learned that my games are a better fit for folks who let their characters go with the flow rather than folks who are want to be in control of all the change their characters undergo.

We meet roughly every other saturday in North Seattle depending on player availability. We all have a lot going on in our lives so I don't expect perfect attendance (I make the group slightly large to accommodate absences) - but I would like someone who can make about 75% of our games.

If you like your games full of laughs and a little gonzo and you think you'd get along with this group of gaming nerds, I look forward to hearing back from you!

linkinitup
04-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Hey I've been looking for a 4e campaign for some time now. I live in Lynnwood which isn't too far from N. Seattle and I have saturdays off and am free all day. I'm 25 and have a lot of experience with AD&D and 3e but not very much with 4e, I have most of the books and have read all the rules, even played a short campaign online with the character builder and RPTools so if you guys don't mind a newbie I'd love to discuss more details and talk about joining your group. I've played a sorceror and a paladin on the online campaigns I've played but I'm willing to fill any role and learn anything that the group needs from me.

Lyrric
04-26-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm also interested. Feminist, lgbt-friendly, 29. I've been playing in a Sunday 4e campaign for a year or so now (which also meets somewhat sporadically due to scheduling, etc.). What class of characters do you need? In my current game I have to abandon my rogue and I'm going to miss playing one. (DM set up a game situation where she's getting offered everything she wants and the character wouldn't say no, so now I'm creating a new character.)

cklise
04-26-2011, 10:03 AM
While I see you already have two prospective options ahead of me, if you do find any future opening, I would be very interested in joining your game as well. My 4e books have been gathering dust.

Nimbis
04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi I would also be interested in joining your game. I am new to Seattle area (Lake Forest Park/Shoreline) and have yet to find a group. Definitely lgbt friendly here, my last game was a forgotten realms 4e 75% RP 25% combat so your game sounds very fun to play. Let me know if you have room. Thanks!

Anarkeith
04-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Looks like there may be more players than openings, but I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'm running a 4e-based campaign right now that has two groups. (One of which is looking for a player or two as well, so for folks that don't get in here, drop me a line!)

Here's the campaign site for reference to our gaming style: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dominium

We had one session where the PCs were involved in a village cheese race, chasing wheels of cheese down the cobbled streets and competing with the villagers. I think that's the kind of "light-hearted" approach that might be a good fit.

Thanks for your consideration,

Keith

Anarkeith
04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey auntiemaim,

I thought about this a bit and realized it might look like I was trying to hijack players from you! Sorry if it came across that way. Totally not my intention. Anyway, apologies to all involved for my obtuseness. Good luck finding gamers and players all!

Keith

auntymaim
04-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Holy cow that's a lot of responses and pms, I'm gonna close the thread and start getting back to folks who look like a good fit. Thanks for your interest ya'll!