PDA

View Full Version : Log-in Issues

Soft Serve
04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I've used well over 20 computers to get on P&PG having lived in a house with 3 laptops, worked in a LAN center with 11 computers, my PS3's browser, and at least 10 of the library computers. Since the sites cosmetic and functionality update literally every computer and OS I use has the same problem.

If I try to type my SN and Pass, it isn't registered. Sometimes I'll have to enter 4-5 times and still get nothing. Sometimes when I try it, it says I'm still out, and then I change the page (From Home to Forum for example) it works.

Other times the *'s that should display when I enter my password don't appear and it just displays what I enter. (Right before it tells me I entered something wrong, which I know I did not, considering it allows me to read both entries.)

It's a hassle, and has kept me from getting on here sometimes for 3-5 days at a time. If anyone found a way around it* or can show me a thread where this is already the subject then please point me at it.

*The remember me box doesn't work, I tried.

cplmac
04-19-2011, 04:06 PM
When I log on, I always have to change to the forum page. Then enter my screen name, password, check the box and then log on. I don't know why, but it just is. Other than switching from the home page to the forum page, everything else is normal for logging on. The only thing that may be causing this is probably the ISP. If that is the case, there is no other way around it.

As for the password problem. I am surprised that you could use anything other than letters and numbers. If possible, you may want to change the password so that it doesn't include non numeric or letter characters.

Another problem could be that some places put restrictions on so that you can't access certain types of sites. Though this would be more just at jobs and possibly at libraries.

Soft Serve
04-20-2011, 02:21 AM
There aren't any restrictions for any of my current computers, and I don't think it would be my ISP since I've been on different computers at different places and networks with the same issue.

The password problem I may not have made clear in the OP. What I meant was that when I entered the password, I could read it. The password entry space displayed exactly what I typed instead of replacing it with asterisks. Considering I could read it, I know it was correct. But it told me I was wrong and had me try again only for the second to work after I switched pages.

If I'm the only one with this issue then maybe it's my profile that has some kind of bug?

Q-man
04-20-2011, 06:27 AM
I've seen it as well, not as bad as you have though. One the three browsers I use (Chrome on home PC, Chrome on laptop, and Safari on the iPhone) the home page will never let me log in. Any attempt I make to log in there fails. However, if I go to the forum and log in it will work.

As for the Remember Me check box, that does seem to work. Just not on the home page. For example I'll log in and tell it to remember me. Then close the browser and check back later, my bookmark is to the home page, which as always shows me as logged out. Knowing that I can't log in at that page, I'll click the forum link and suddenly its remembered me and I'm shown as logged in.

It's annoying, but I've largely found a way around it, so I haven't paid it much attention. Next time you can't log in try going to the forum page and logging in instead.

Soft Serve
04-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Actually since I posted this the Remember Me box has worked for my PS3's browser. Might be worth mentioning that it always goes straight to the Forum page (since that's what I have bookmarked.) and now always works.

But if I'm on an actual computer it doesn't matter which one is first, Forum or Home. It still makes me log in on one and switch to the other before I'm actually signed on. Sometimes not that big a deal, other times it'll make me try a few times or not work at all.

martyall
05-18-2011, 09:37 PM
I've used well over 20 computers to get on P&PG having lived in a house with 3 laptops, worked in a LAN center with 11 computers, my PS3's browser, and at least 10 of the library computers. Since the sites cosmetic and functionality update literally every computer and OS I use has the same problem.

If I try to type my SN and Pass, it isn't registered. Sometimes I'll have to enter 4-5 times and still get nothing. Sometimes when I try it, it says I'm still out, and then I change the page (From Home to Forum for example) it works.

Other times the *'s that should display when I enter my password don't appear and it just displays what I enter. (Right before it tells me I entered something wrong, which I know I did not, considering it allows me to read both entries.)

It's a hassle, and has kept me from getting on here sometimes for 3-5 days at a time. If anyone found a way around it* or can show me a thread where this is already the subject then please point me at it.

*The remember me box doesn't work, I tried.

Yeah. I also tried the remember me box. But I am still thinking if it will work. :D