PDA

View Full Version : Online Pathfinder Game

EndofDivine
04-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Hey everyone, Iím looking for 3-5 reliable players for an online Pathfinder game using maptools. The dates and times are still up in the air, but Iím most comfortable with Tuesdays or Thursdays in the evening (CST). Skype isnít necessary but youíre more than welcome to use it for OOC stuff. I prefer in character stuff be typed in game though.

The game itself is homebrew and Iíll be relying on player input to decide where it goes. Iíve got a few storylines in mind but Iíd rather wait to see what kind of characters Iím working with first before I commit to anything. That being said, since Iíd like to focus the game on the characters, Iíd like for those characters to have fleshed out backgrounds and personalities. Feel free to create your own minor locations/people for your background to give your character ties with the world. Iíll work with everyone to fit their background into the world. The world itself is fairly low magic. Gods exist in the sense that people believe in them but thereís no evidence that they truly exist outside myths and legends. Other planes of existence donít exist or arenít reachable. When I say low magic I mean it. :p

And finally, a few house rules I use:

No resurrection. Sorry Clerics and dead people. On the bright side, you never have to worry about a BBEG coming back to pester you after youíve killed him.

No long-range teleportation. Sorry Wizards and lazy people. On the bright side, think of all the time youíll have to talk with your companions during those long journeys.

No alignments. A few deities have codes or tenets their followers (Clerics, Paladins, etc.) should follow instead of an actual alignment. Everyone else is just restricted by their personality and personal moral codes. For this reason and also for flavor, a handful of abilities and spells have been altered. If this affects you, Iíll let you know the changes Iíve made. If you donít find it fair, weíll work out something else that makes sense for your character to take the ability/spellís place.

Experience is awarded by completing the quest/dungeon/adventure instead of being awarded by encounter. I do it this way to promote roleplaying over rollplaying and also to encourage players to find alternate ways to deal with problems other than to kill everything that moves. I also award bonuses for good roleplaying, teamwork, and creativity.

Characters will start at level 1 and weíll be using 28 point buy for stats. As for races, classes, and all that other stuff, anything on this: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ is probably allowed except for the 3rd party races. Anything else is most likely not going to be allowed unless you can make a really good case for it and I donít find it game-breaking.

For anyone interested, please send a PM or post here with at least a rough idea of what youíre planning. Iíll get in contact with you and we can work on getting your character made.

EndofDivine
04-10-2011, 03:06 AM
Thought I'd update (and shamelessly bump) the thread. We've got 4 members so far and the party consists of a Fighter, Sorcerer, Alchemist, and one undecided player. We've pretty much settled on Thursday but the time frame is still up in the air. 6-10pm CST is looking to be the best fit so far though.

As always, feel free to message me if you're interested and the times work for you.

Dolanar
04-10-2011, 03:30 AM
sounds like an interesting game, wish the time frame worked for me, but good luck on finding another player :)

Adrian
04-26-2011, 06:37 PM
I'd like to join. I would play a rogue and am just fine with the schedule, however tomorrow night is not possible, but most other nights are. What version can you use because the latest I can use is b85.

Bardbarian14
10-09-2011, 05:29 PM
I'd also like to join, can i have an invite and is their any software you wish for me to download aswell. Also I am currently testing out spellcasters so I will most likely play wizard, cleric, druid. OR i can play monk or fighter if required.

Basxs
10-11-2011, 11:08 PM
If you have any room left i would like to join as well. Very flexable about what to play

puttingadonkonit
10-12-2011, 10:26 PM
I sent you a pm with a few questions but I'd also like to say on the thread that I'm interested and available. I'm willing to download what needs to be downloaded.

Bloodangel
10-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Are you still looking for players if so id be interested if it was played on Thursdays.

francescop
10-18-2011, 05:34 PM
well i think i got to this thread kinda late but nevertheless i'd like to join your campaign if possible.. PM me if theres any room aviliable or feel free to add me in skype: francesco.puglia.p.

EndofDivine
10-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Well...I didn't expect to ever see this topic again but I recently checked my e-mail not too long ago and saw that my old topic had been revived and had some interest. Not having played a tabletop RPG in awhile, I decided I'd let destiny guide me and give this campaign another go. I've sent out invitations to everyone that posted in this topic or sent me a PM in the past week or two and I'm giving those people first priority. If anyone else stumbles along and is interested, I'd be more than happy to have you, space permitting. Just refer to the original post for campaign details (except for that 28 point buy thing. Pathfinder point buy is different from the 3.5 I had in mind when I wrote the original post. Use Pathfinder's 20 point buy instead.) If you have any questions or want me to elaborate on anything, you're more than welcome to send me a PM.

lordofyesteryear
10-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Hey, if there's still a slot open I'd be more than happy to play. Hope I'm not too late to the party.

XenoZiden
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
If there's still more slots I would too.

whisperwind1
10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Provided the sessions can be run on tuesday (preferrably in the evenings), then i would also be interested in joining your campaign. i live in EST (Montreal), and as for classes, well i'm the type that just rolls and sess what the dice decide for me!

Adrian
12-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Well as long as times are in the evenings (EST), or even during the day on weekends, I'm good with any day. I'm flexible with pretty much any class you want to throw at me. I'd rather play a rogue, but if you want a specific role filled I'll make it work, one of my specialities.

oddsprout
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Aw how'd I miss this group.. I was looking around when you started :/ Looking for more still? I'd love to join

Holyzephyr
03-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I would love to play this group, but as I've just started using this forum id be more comfortable if you emailed me at Holyzephyr@gmail.com

Blindrhage
04-28-2013, 08:57 PM
I would like to join and if accept I would make a barbarian.