PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse World Online Game

Foxhound7
04-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Okay, I bought the book for Apocalypse World, a post-apocalyptic roleplaying game by Vincent Baker. It's awesome. I want to play it. I don't have enough people. Would anyone be interested in playing? The system is pretty simple, you never need more than 2d6, and it's wicked fun.

Fuzzy alchemist
04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
I might be interested. I have visited the site and it seems interesting. The book should be on its way. I will look it over and get back to you. I would have to warn you that currently I can only guarantee being off after 9 pm eastern. Thursdays should allow me to be off by 8 most of the time, but I can make no promises. Depending on everyone's schedule that may be a problem of having me as a player.

kytanos
04-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Me and a friend are interested in your game, I might have more friends also (enough for a full group) depending on how things turn out and scheduling. Would you mind if we talk to you on AIM or skype. We could talk in the forums if you wish, it's just faster then a week of back and forth posts. :-)

Foxhound7
04-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah that should work for me. I'm at work right now but shoot me your skype address thing and I will message you when I get home.

Fuzzy alchemist
04-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Well, I have now looked over the book and like it. If you are not already full and the timing works out I think I would enjoy giving it a shot.

Foxhound7
04-02-2011, 11:46 PM
As of right now, I don't have anyone in the group. I'm hoping to see how many people wanna play and then make my world idea a bit more solid. I'm still trying to fill out fronts and whatnot. I think Skype would work best. Chat can be a bit of a pain if you have to type everything. Does anyone know a good dice roller you can use on Skype or AIM?

Fuzzy alchemist
04-03-2011, 12:06 AM
I agree that skype is a good way to go. I love the idea of being able to use all those cues that can be lost when it is just text. I do not know of any dice rollers for Skype and I thought that AIM had one built in. I can look into it, but you likely have access to the same resources I would be using.

Foxhound7
04-03-2011, 12:16 AM
I'll check in the morning. Depending on the day, I may have to use text for some of the louder arguments and conversations (I still live with my parents so I can't be too loud lol).

Foxhound7
04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
AIM has a dice rolling function (not the best but it will do). Besides that, we'd probably use Skype or just AIM for the roleplaying. If anyone wants in, just shoot me a message on here and I'll try and get everyone together at one time. I'm looking at doing this on Thursdays probably from like 6-10PM or 7-11PM EST. It'll probably be a 50/50 mix of roleplaying and combat, and I'm probably going to play it out a lot like a western...except with mutants and stuff.

Foxhound7
04-15-2011, 12:48 AM
UPDATE: Been working a ton and just finishing up school. Should start getting this thing going in a couple weeks.

kytanos
04-15-2011, 11:41 AM
No problem.