PDA

View Full Version : Making groups? Please Help!

Proxidog
03-28-2011, 03:56 PM
I signed up today and I've been wanting to start a social group and forum for my pbp games but every time I try to make a group it tells me that I might not have the administrator's permission...

I did only sign up today, but I'm fully registered and everything as far as I can tell...

I looked through the FAQ and didn't see anything on this, what am I doing wrong? :confused:

Skunkape
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
If I remember correctly, you have to be a member for a particular length of time before you can do certain things on the forums, this is to reduce the problems that in the past have been caused by spammers. I'm not completely sure, but that could be the issue you're having at the moment. That or Farcaster needs to create the group for you, don't really know about that function of the site as I've never created a group.

Being a forum admin myself, but not for this forum, I understand the need to restrict most everyone's ability to do certain things. As an admin, you try to limit the things that can be done to protect the site, not that we expect everyone to do bad things, but unfortunately, a few bad apples do spoil the bunch.:(

I'm sure once he sees what you're interested in doing, he'll get back to you about it.

jpatterson
04-03-2011, 02:58 AM
That sounds right. I made one but I'd been registered for quite a while. Make a few posts here and there in the forums, try out the chatroom, etc. probably take a week or two to get used to the site, maybe join someone else's forums so you can get used to how they work, then you'll probably be able to make your own by that time.

cplmac
04-04-2011, 12:38 PM
If I remember correctly, I do believe that Farcaster needs to do something in order for a pbp group to be setup. In addition, like was said by the other two members, there are restrictions set to keep the spammers out or at least slowed down and you may need to wait until the time passes. It would be up to Farcaster to make exceptions on a case by case basis. In the meantime, if you have any other questions, be sure to ask.