PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder online

crustbucket
03-25-2011, 04:10 PM
looking for 4-5 players for an online pathfinder game. using maptools (but someone else must host because my pc is having issues hosting) and skype, bi-weekly, from 8pm to 12ish est. day not yet determined but will definitely be between mon-thurs. i plan on running an adventure path but that is also undetermined at the moment. i have and am willing to run them all so i will leave it up to the players to decide. i also have the pathfinder modules if those are preferred.

mathrym
03-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Count me in! I am open any night mon-thursday. I am open to any AP as well. I am a maptools noob, but I pick things up fairly quickly. I would be willing to try to host it if no one else can but I'd probably need a walk-through to set it up. Let me know what else I can do!

crustbucket
03-28-2011, 03:40 PM
i'll count you in. anyone else?

TheOtherGeorgeW
03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm open for any night except for Thursdays. As far as Adventure Path, I'm currently in a group running Rise of the Runelords, but any of the others would be awesome.

haligon
03-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I'd definitely be interested, particularly in Kingmaker. I'm free Wednesday nights. I've played around with Maptools somewhat, though I'm relatively new at it.

Stirling Gerbic
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Im interested as well, and am free at the times listed just about every day of the week, although I may be a little late on Mon and Wed. I have not used maptools or skype as of yet.

mathrym
03-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Wed. night sounds good to me, and I'll second the Kingmaker vote as well. Looks fun! I have also never used maptools or skype

crustbucket
03-29-2011, 05:30 PM
so it looks like we have a party.
kingmaker it is. how does weds nights at 8ish est work for everyone? download the players guide and think of a concept and pm me with your email address and work out the rest of the details.

TheOtherGeorgeW
03-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Sounds good. Does anyone have a concept in mind? I have quite a few, and I'm fine with filling in party roles so as not to step on people's toes.

mathrym
03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
I have a couple of ideas as well, but I am flexible as well and don't mind filling roles either. My first thoughts would be either a wizard, ranger or druid though. I may go alchemist as well if we are using APG classes.

haligon
03-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm inclined towards a Wizard, but I could likely do just about anything except an Inquisitor (the concept just doesn't make sense to me for some reason).
For me, concept will vary somewhat based on what stat method/results are being used. 15 point-buy produces very different characters than 20 or 25, and both are quite different than random stat creation.
Any idea what creation system you plan on using?

mathrym
03-29-2011, 10:08 PM
After thinking about it a bit, I'm leaning toward either a Gnome Druid with an Animal Shaman archetype, Gnome Rogue with the Scout archetype, or a Gnome Ranger with the Beastmaster archetype from the APG. The idea of the 'less civilized gnomes' from the Kingmaker player guide caught my imagination :)

cyansylph
03-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Are you guys full on this? If not, I would love to join you.

I just started a pbp Carrion Crown and I fear it will take my 5 years to get through the first book. I am looking for something a little faster paced and have been longing to give virtual tables a try since my RL group can't get together anymore.

Wednesday would work for me as it seems to be what fits all of you as well. when you say 8pm, what time zone? I am in Arizona so half of the year we are Pacific time and half the year we are mountain time. Though now that I think about it, 8pm should work for me regardless of what time zone that is. I have fiddled around with MapTools a little and have used Skype before. My only hang up is that I can't make probably 1 in 8 sessions as I occasionally travel for work about once every 2 months or so. I would not be available during that week.

Let me know.

Stirling Gerbic
03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Im looking at Cleric of Erastil right now. If we get a lot of other divine casters, I could also switch over to a say a fighter or barbarian. Oh, and once a month I wont be able to make the game because of a prior engagement.

crustbucket
03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
ok. i just sent out invite to a yahoo group and we'll continue from there. stirling Gerbic, i still need your email to send you the invite.

cyansylph
03-31-2011, 03:34 AM
So no room for me then?

crustbucket
04-01-2011, 03:21 PM
yeah, i sent you and invite. i'll try again.