PDA

View Full Version : D&D group looking for one additional player

brent_nall
03-18-2011, 03:21 PM
I play D&D with a great group of people. We've played together for years. We're short a body lately. Wanna play?

Qualifications (in no particular order; these are all important):
1. Mature: We're all over 30. We sometimes act like we're over 30. We prefer to hang out with people that do the same.
2. Dependable: We usually play on Saturday nights about 3 out of 4 weeks. We want someone who can commit to a fairly regular schedule. Of course real life comes first, but game time is important too.
3. Willing to travel: Unless you live near Atascocita, it's probably a long drive for you. Are you willing to drive 30 miles NE of downtown?
4. No anti-social behavior: We're all friends. We do things together outside of the game. Our kids play together. If you're someone we would want to hang out with at a bar or at our kid's birthday party, you're probably someone we want in our game.

About Us
We play D&D 4e pretty much exclusively, although there's been talk of trying out Pathfinder for a future campaign. We do board games occassionally. We play Dominion sometimes. Game night is usually D&D. We have two primary DMs. I'm one of them. We like story focused campaigns that typically run 3 - 9 months. We do the combat. We do the skill challenges. Sometimes we even do the roleplay!

romulus
03-19-2011, 03:44 PM
wow, the elusive North East gamers. I thought we were the only ones!

Great ad. Sounds like us. We need more GMs too. But why so limited in games? Do the kids play too? Maybe we can mix and match some games/players/GMs...

About us:

We do play every Sunday
We play in a quiet house (Huffman) instead of a loud store
We cook meals instead of junk food
We are mature, reliable and hygenic
We are a small group and not over populated
The GM (me) has 30 years experience
We play old stuff (Gamma World, V&V, etc)
We play newer stuff (Alternity, 7th Sea)
We play dramatic (cyberpunk, warhammer)
We play comedy (Paranoia, Toon)
We play board games (Talisman, Shogun)
We play card games (Munchkin, Family Business)
We playtest my own original designs and prototypes (about 24 board, card and rpgs)
We have a library of over 120 games to choose from

Right now its a Basic D&D (redbox!) campaign in the world of Greyahwk.

Sound good?

J

fashizzle
03-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey brent_nall and romulus.

I and a dude I recently corresponded with are on similar wavelengths with you and your groups.

He's a GM/player and right near y'all, and is married w/kids etc... He's probably the better option for both of your groups too since Romulus is looking for more DMs.

I prefer 3.5 over 4e, it feels too world of warcrafty to me. I am however a player EMENSELY INTERESTED in a red box game in the Greyhawk setting!! omg

Okay I will email him the link, he may be posting/contacting y'all soon. I may be redundantly PMing both of you lol.

Greyshous
07-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey there guys. I live In atascocita and Am willing to give 4ed a shot. I am a big 3.5 , only played pathfinder briefly. I am Into Running games as well, If you're looking for fresh sport I have recently begun to run a dark heresey campaign. Which I would mind running a counter part to it. Hit me up! I live right by the oaks school.

brent_nall
07-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Hey there guys. I live In atascocita and Am willing to give 4ed a shot. I am a big 3.5 , only played pathfinder briefly. I am Into Running games as well, If you're looking for fresh sport I have recently begun to run a dark heresey campaign. Which I would mind running a counter part to it. Hit me up! I live right by the oaks school.

Hey! We recently started up a Pathfinder game. We're about 13 sessions or so in and just hit 7th level. I'm on vacation right now. Let me try to get in touch this weekend. I'll be home Friday afternoon.

We play on Saturday nights.

Nimitz
01-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Hey Brent_nall,

I doubt you are still looking for players after so many months, but if/when you might be looking again, I would be interested in joining up. I have most versions of DnD as well as a couple of other genres (Shadowrun, a smattering of Whitewolf and different freeform (non-combat) games while I was in college). I live in the Humble area and would love to find a group to run with.

romulus
01-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Hey guys,

We are getting ready to start the new year with a new campaign. We are looking for players and/or GMs for a group of about 4-5. We play old and new stuff in a sizable Huffman home on a weekly basis, or every other week if necessary. Plenty of board/card games and RPGs to choose from with decades of experience. Shall we join forces and do this up right?

brent_nall
01-05-2014, 10:40 AM
So, my original message is almost 3 years old, but still gets a response. :)

That's ok, because we were looking for an additional player, and Nimitz is going to join us soon.