PDA

View Full Version : Japan earthquake news

mrken
03-11-2011, 01:21 PM

We do have members in Japan. Anyone hear any news from there?

Friend of mine from Hawaii (lives here in Colorado now) says his friends say nothing happened there.

Malruhn
03-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I have good friends in Hawaii and California that are working the environmental side of the 4-8' wall of water that came in to those states and caused pretty significant damage to marinas and such.

Other than that, outside of being notified that I was on the short-list to go to Japan to assist with the environmental disaster (non-nuclear), I know nothing more than what is on the news.

My thoughts go to all who lost in Japan. Damn...

cplmac
03-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Malruhn,

Be sure to let us know if and when your unit heads out. I would still tell them that you want to have a NBC suit available, just in case.

Malruhn
03-19-2011, 11:47 PM
We've stood down... at least for now.

The way the Coast Guard works, the majority of deployments like this are "voluntary" for individuals. The notice I got was for a dozen officers, and every E-9 and E-8 in my career field (not many of us!), so only 50 people total.

Now there is radiation (trace) in California, and radiation in food and water all over Japan.

They may need more than prayers...

cplmac
03-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Indeed. Also saw earlier that there has been a spike in pressure that may lead to some radiation being vented when the pressure is released.

Soft Serve
03-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Scary thought, but a good chunk of Japan could become another Chernobyl if that doesn't get diffused properly.

Johnnie
05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
[/URL]Heard of [URL="http://www.neverfailgroup.com/"]neverfail group (http://www.neverfailgroup.com)?

We do have members in Japan. Anyone hear any news from there?

Friend of mine from Hawaii (lives here in Colorado now) says his friends say nothing happened there.
Yeah this was a very disastrous earthquake. now the prime minister of Japan is saying he thinks they should close down the nuclear plant. I wonder how many homes it powers and how they would handle that. It's going to be a long recovery. I pray everything turns out for the better and there are no more earthquakes.