PDA

View Full Version : OpenRPG Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition

Setch Dreskar
03-11-2011, 04:43 AM
This is more of a has anyone done this, or can someone help me create a system to play WFRP on the OpenRPG program, I tinkered with it some and made a character sheet for myself to use but I am betting there is an easier way to go about this.

Setch Dreskar
03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Well since no one has I will just start rebuilding the one I was working on and posting screens here to ask for advice, hopefully someone with far more knowledge about OpenRPG then I will help D:

lordmalachdrim
04-23-2011, 09:19 AM
We just use skype for voice communications and character sheets are kept on Obsidian Portal. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-enemy-within-harp/characters/khavai

We started out trying to use Battlegrounds for this campaign but grew tired of it crashing. Before that we were using Fantasy Grounds II for a L5R campaign but it was such a pain in the but that we gave up on that campaign all together.

Setch Dreskar
05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I see, at the moment I was working on OpenRPG and was going to post screens and such of what I had managed... which was not alot but hey I am not that skilled in ORPG... now though the system won't even start so I pretty much have to abandon that, and will be trying to use something else. I may try your idea with Obsidian Portal.

Shin
05-15-2011, 05:53 PM
You played L5R in FG and I missed it?

There is an excellent WFRP2.0 ruleset for FGII that has been around for at least two years now. Obsidian Portal, as you probably already know, is really just a web site for managing campaigns, but not oriented specifically for any particular VTT technology. It doesn't actually provide support for "live play" directly. You could, I suppose, use something like AIM's various dice rollers (or MSN Messenger has some, I even wrote one for SR4), coupled with some voice program (I like Skype, personally) and run a game that way. The key question to me is what sort of software support were you looking for for your game? Each VTT has different features and capabilities with different learning curves for use and customization. What do you want your VTT (Virtual Table Top, btw) software to do for you?