PDA

View Full Version : Samurai vs Ninja [TSdX, PbC]

hippie_mama
03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
This game will take place in semi-historically accurate feudal Japan. There will be a good deal of politics and intrigue, and a ninja uprising or two, but don't expect any real-life figures or events. There will, of course, be a fair amount of oni-slaying as well.

Characters will start out fairly big at 75 points, with all mundane attributes.

BUT

You get a bonus of 25 points for your weapon/s. Samurai characters can put 25 points of magically-powered attributes into a single ancient weapon or split them between a pair of weapons. Ninja characters can spend these as gadget points and use them for weapons and equipment.

We're using the High Fantasy chart for skill costs.

The first session will be March 6 at 8pm CST. This is somewhat short notice, but i had several potential players that didn't end up following through and making characters, so i'm in some real need of bodies--err, i mean, participants. I am very cool with people showing up, checking it out, and taking their time in deciding if our group and this campaign is for them or not.

We will be playing once every three weeks, on Sundays. If a session needs to be rescheduled, we will simply move it forward a week or two, rather than try and re-order all of the weekend games. I'm open to running more often in the future, but i'm trying to get three different games started up at the moment.

Check out my game board (http://rpgaming.prophpbb.com/forum377.html) for more info.

hippie_mama
03-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm up to two players (wheeee!), a ronin and a ninja. They'll be starting out working together to sabotage the rival of the ronin's former master. If that helps inspire anyone that may have been on the fence about playing.

hippie_mama
03-09-2011, 12:37 AM
The first session went well; after some initial humor, the ronin and ninja worked together to investigate a local merchant in cahoots with the ronin's former master's rival. They avoided all opportunities for violence through clever RP (i'll have to be sneakier) aside from an incident between the ronin and an old woman armed with a wok. NPCs were introduced. And i have a third potential player, so things are looking pretty good.