PDA

View Full Version : Creature Template help

elpis
03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I am working on a snowy "wonder land" campaign in the 3.5 system and would like some input abut a LA +1 Template I have made if it seems balanced and what not. Thanks in advanced for all your help.

(need help with what it should or shouldn't be applied too)
Size/Type: the creature gains the cold subtype
Seed: - 10 feet f base land seed
Stats: +2 con, -2 dex
Attack: Unarmed or natural attacks by the creature deal additional cold damage depending on Hit Dice, 1-3HD = 1d3, 4-7HD = 1d4, 8-11HD = 1d6, 12-15HD = 1d8, 16-19HD = 1d10, 20HD = 2d6. (as tiny monk)
SQ: Resistance to cold 5, Frigid wind 3/day, Ice walk 1/day
Skills: +5 survival in snowy areas
Cr: +1
LA: +1

-Frigid wind: this ability does 1d4 cold damage + 1d4 nonlethal damage in a 15 foot cone, Medium or smaller creatures must make a fort save or be knocked prone. The save also negates the nonlethal damage. DC= 11+ con mod
- Ice Walk: the creature can move across Ice and snow with no movement penalty or the need for balance checks for 1 hour.

Thank you all again for your help.

rabkala
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
A creature with the cold subtype has imunity to cold. It has vulnerability to fire, which means it tkaes half again as much (+50% ) damage as normal from fire,regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure. Make sure to note this for those who are not expert in the system.

It has an equal stat adjustent.

The + 1/2 la for the spell like abilities (although weak) are void due to the -10 feet movement penalty (-1/2 to -1).

Additional cold damage is weak, but so is skill adjustment.

I would rate this a bit on the weak side of the norm, but not bad. Perhaps a little more...

Dolanar
03-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I would look into a few feats & tailor them to the subtype, or an additional Spell Like ability to beef it up a lil. but overall not too bad