PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4E Scales of War PbP

panther553212
02-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi guys, I was considering running a 4e Play by Post Scales of War campaign. I would love to have five people who could commit to posting daily. I understand things come up but the goal is to have everyone posting once a day other than the times when things come up late notice. This would be my first time DM'ing which is one reason I would like to start off with a modular adventure. Please feel free to post in the thread or drop me a pm if you are interested.

Thanks

Matthew_Pothoven
02-17-2011, 06:19 AM
I would be interested in playing a daily play by post... has there been any other takers or is this thread dead?

Q-man
02-17-2011, 07:21 AM
I'd be down for that. I'm not sure I could post every day, my weekends are a little sketchy. Certainly I could check in 4 or 5 times a week to say something, hopefully that'd be enough.

I have no real preferences on any class or role, though I've been curious about trying out a leader.

panther553212
02-17-2011, 12:27 PM
This thread is not dead as I just posted it last night. A leader would be great if you need some help deciding just send me a pm. We may have to get someone to proxy for you on weekends if we are in combat but other than that I don't see a huge issue with it. Matthew do you have a role in mind?

Q-man
02-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Shouldn't be hard to pick one, all of the options have some appeal. If I get stuck I'll just roll for it.

I don't mind having my turn proxied if that necessary. I can also leave some basic instructions for my turns as well if that helps keep things moving.

Out of curiosity are there any setting rules we should be aware of? Like there's no sense in me reading about the Artificer class if we're not in Eberron, or stuff like that.

Matthew_Pothoven
02-17-2011, 08:14 PM
I would like to play either a controller class (Mage) or a striker (Rogue or sorcerer). but i am completely open to playing any class that is needed...

panther553212
02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
We are not in Eberron but if you are sold on an artificer I don't see why you couldn't play it. I'm pretty open as far as using published materials go.

Trihn
02-18-2011, 02:44 AM
I am down to play a Defender. Do you have any rules concerning character generation or sheet submission?

panther553212
02-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Standard character generation array and classes from any published material is ok. I will want a copy of your character sheet you can pm me for my email or I will have the site up and running this weekend.

Q-man
02-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I will have the site up and running this weekend.

What site is this? I had assumed you'd be running the game in these forums somewhere. I'm not against playing elsewhere, I was just curious what you had in mind.

As for the character I think I'm going with a gnome bard. I'm working on a back story for the little guy now. In combat he'll be a ranged character, staying just close enough for his Majestic Words to reach the melee guys. Out of combat he'll be something of a book worm, all manner of random knowledge that he's too willing to share. Even if you don't ask, or want to know it.

panther553212
02-18-2011, 11:54 AM
The forums are here http://scalesofwar.forumotion.com I will get a welcome and game info posted on the site this afternoon. I believe we have 3-4 players interested so looking for 1-2 more.

panther553212
02-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Here is what we are looking at so far. Have room for at least one more. I'm hoping to start as early as Monday.
Player 1: Q-man Gnome Bard(Ranged)
Player 2: Trihn Defender
Player 3: Matthew_Potthoven Controller or Striker
Player 4: SorcApprentice Undecided
Player 5: Open

Pokk
02-19-2011, 01:41 PM
I would be interested. I haven't played 4e yet, but I have access to a lot of the material. I've played some 2e back in the mid 80's, and some 3.5 a few years ago so I will need a little time to get back in the swing of things... but if that's cool with you guys I'd love to play. I've always leaned toward the monk classes in the past, but I'm up for anything really... in fact, considering that 4e doesn't seam to have a monk at first glance... perhaps a rogue would be nice.

panther553212
02-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Player 4: SorcApprentice Undecided
Player 5: Pokk undecided

Sounds good Pokk. I highly suggest the DDI character creator for it's ease. It looks like between either you and sorc we need a healer type. As soon as i get character sheets and backgrounds from everyone we will be ready to start. I would love to start monday night if everyone can get me their infor by then.

Q-man
02-19-2011, 04:53 PM
A healer type? Can't I do that as a bard, they get healing spells

SorcApprentice
02-19-2011, 06:47 PM
I just finished working on an elf cleric and a Halfling rogue (you can't leave town without one). I'll send you both, and we can determine which one the group ends up using. Silly question: What is the e-mail to send them to? I cna't seem to find it anywhere! :-)

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Don't know what happened to my post. :-(
I have an Elf Cleric and a Halfling Rogue generated.
I'm happy to play either.
What e-mail do I send these to?

Pokk
02-19-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm OK with doing the healer thing if it is needed, I just have no experience with the class. If you fools want to trust me with your lives, that's fine (MUAHHHAHAH coff coff - sorry 'bout that).

What level will we be starting at for this campaign?

panther553212
02-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Just PM me for email address. The adventure starts at level 1 and will carry on all the way to level 30.

Pokk
02-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Hmm... I just stumbled across the monk in Players Handbook 3. If I wipe the drool off my chin can I rescind my offer to play a healing class? I would really prefer it.

panther553212
02-19-2011, 11:08 PM
That will work out great. Here is what I'm looking at so far.

Player 4: SorcApprentice Cleric
Player 5: Pokk Monk

So we would probably want Matt to roll a controller and Trihn the defender. Not heard anything from then in a day or two though. If I don't hear back tomorrow sometime we will look for a few more people.

Trihn
02-20-2011, 01:53 AM
oh I've been keeping tabs... it can be rather difficult to choose between defenders.

Trihn
02-20-2011, 06:22 AM
I have a Minotaur Warden about rolled up.

Q-man
02-20-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure my bard will have the healing we need. So you guys dont need to worry about playing healers. If you want toanyway a second healer isn't a bad thing. Otherwise play what you want.

Trihn
02-20-2011, 04:12 PM
he needs to play something and a second healer could provide as much utility as a second striker or a second controller / defender. Bards are not bad but they deal a lot with prevention and control rather than up front health reserves. granted there our downsides to my warden or Pokk's monk as well so /shrug.

panther553212
02-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Cleric was Sorc's first choice but I will leave it up to him if he wants to stay as a leader or switch to something else.

Player 1: Q-man Bard - Ready to Go
Player 2: Trihn Warden- Need Character Sheet/Background
Player 3: Matthew_Potthoven Controller- need Character Sheet/Background/Confirmation still interested.
Player 4: SorcApprentice Cleric - Need Background
Player 5: Pokk Monk - Need Background

Matthew_Pothoven
02-20-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm still interested, sorry it has taken me a couple of days to get back on the forum... kinda had a little run in with the law this weekend... but all is good now and i will have character sheet and background all for you tonight. pertaining to the character sheet, how do i send you it?

panther553212
02-20-2011, 11:36 PM
You should have a PM. Assuming I get the last two character sheets tomorrow and backgrounds we will start tomorrow night. Also be sure to register for the forums at scalesofwar.forumotion.com

Trihn
02-21-2011, 02:12 AM
You did not get my character sheet? I pmed it to you early this morning. I will not be able to resubmit until tommorow.

panther553212
02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Trihn I did not get it the first time but I did get it this morning.

Player 2: Trihn Warden- Need Background
Player 3: Matthew_Potthoven Controller- need Character Sheet/Background/
Player 4: SorcApprentice Cleric - Need Background
Player 5: Pokk Monk - Need Background

also if you've not done so head over to www.scalesofwar.forumotion.com and register for the forums.

Pokk
02-21-2011, 04:17 PM
I've sent you a rough background via email along with an updated char sheet. Let me know if it needs more work.

Trihn
02-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered and background PMed over forums to test the function

panther553212
02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Player 2: Trihn Warden- Ready to Go
Player 3: Matthew_Potthoven Shardmind Psion, Need Character Sheet/Background(Has requested email for it so just waiting on email)
Player 4: SorcApprentice Cleric - Ready to Go
Player 5: Pokk Monk - Ready to go

Looks like we are good to go. First post will be up in the next 30 minutes or so.

Rave71
04-07-2011, 06:46 AM
If you want/need one more I'd love to join in. I have the 4e phb/dm/mm and could get a char drafted up to you tonight. I played a ton of 3e and a little bit of 3.5 but then my group split up due to everyone getting on with life so I'd love to start up again. Let me know.

Pokk
04-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Sorry Rave, this campaign fell apart before it really got started. The DM just stopped showing up one day.