PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder game in Los Angeles

DMaster
02-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Experienced Pathfinder GM looking to start a new campaign.*

I'm looking for a group of relaxed players that have some RPG experience. *I frown on min/max'ers and I award story play.*

I play a rough and dangerous campaign. Character die and plots twist. I enjoy the feeling that any adventure could mark the ending of one character and the beginning of another. *To make it through my story arc is a proud achievement. *My stories are not impossible, but wrong steps will cost you. *

If you like this type of game, here is the hook:

Character generation will start on the first day. There will be a one hour intro to the world. During this hour, there will be at least one basic combat, the first interaction between the PC's and introductions to notable NPC's. All of this before character generation!

All you are required to do is select your race and gender. *

Once the intro is concluded, we will build characters as a group. These characters will be designed to work as a party, which will make the backstories meld that much more.*

Characters will be built using core and APG rules, plus applicable supplements. No 3.5 material allowed. A 15 point buy will complete your stat allocation. *

I will run this game twice a month, days right now are negotiable, but I prefer weekends. I haven't hammered down a play location yet, but that usually solves itself.*

I'm looking forward to finding a group!

Dwarvenheir
02-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Sounds fun. Currently it looks like Fridays may be best. Just let me know.

ronin1274
02-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Sounds great man I'm down... I prefer Sundays or Saturdays... let me know....

DMaster
02-13-2011, 02:33 PM
I am available around 7 pm Friday or I can do around 1 pm Saturday. Sundays, I won't be available because I spend time with my son (my nanny doesn't work that day, lol).

Can either, or both of you make that work? We still need to hammer down a location to play? Any ideas? I have a small apartment and my son will make playing hard, he is 14 months.

Worst case we could meet at a gaming store, but I would really prefer someone hosting.

sanackranib
02-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Wow . . . 15 whole points, what are your playets taking levels of comoner at level 1?

DMaster
02-13-2011, 06:36 PM
If you are not interested in the game, please do not post negative comments.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

To answer one potential players question:

What is the player cap?

I like to have no more than 4 players, although I can tolerate 5. The reason is the more players at the table the less time each player has to RP. I don't like it when players have to compete for time and since I cater the world to emphasize the players actions, it is important for each player to have some spot light.

If there are players that cannot commit to a dedicated session, I am ok with 3 permanent players and a couple of floaters. It is important to have enough players present to keep the story line coherent and fun for the dedicated PC's.

funkthemonk
02-13-2011, 08:06 PM
let me know.

inkblue
02-13-2011, 08:35 PM
If Saturday afternoon works for the group, I would love to join. I am not far away (Silverlake) and already have a regular Wednesday group that is very role-play savvy and I appreciate the group working together dynamic. I have learned in my few decades of gaming that a party with evil-aligned characters is not my cup of tea, so I hope that's not an issue. Let me know about Saturday. :)

DMaster
02-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I just sent a PM/Email to some of the people who have contacted me... I hope I got you all, if not, it was just an oversight.

I have room for 4/5 people (see above), so it all depends on availability. I hope we can decide in the next couple of days who is in and who is out. Then we can set the first meet/character generation session.

I usually like to meet with everyone first to make sure we get along, but I can understand if we can't. Please get back to me soon on which days you are available. Again, I am free Friday nights (7-whenever) or Saturday afternoons (1 pm-end).

I usually keep the sessions to about 4 hours, sometimes 5.

Dwarvenheir
02-14-2011, 07:21 AM
From. What it looks like currently, I wouldnt e able to game Saturday's (have a darksun game runnin then.) but Fridays are great. Would be nice to rp a bit more instead of just slashes)

inkblue
02-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Again, I can be in only with a Saturday afternoon time. If that becomes a best consensus, let me know. :-)

DMaster
02-14-2011, 10:45 PM
So far, a lot of people have requested Sunday, but that is not an option.

Saturday is my preferred day, so hopefully that will be the final.

ronin1274
02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
DMaster Saturday is probably better for me as well... Keep me a breast of what's going on...

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

DMaster also I'm curious what sort of character creation methods do you use? Points? if so how many? What level would would we start at? What restrictions if any... Let me know...

DMaster
02-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Ronin, most of your questions are answered in my description, but I will recap:

Character creation will be done as a group during the first session.

We will start at 1st level

Point buy: 15

Restrictions: Core and AGP (optional supplement material needs to be approved - no 3.5 material allowed)

There will be an intro into the world, and then there will be character generation. It will make more sense during the game. It is truly hard to make a character for a world you know nothing about, so this will help you create something that will meld better.

DMaster
02-16-2011, 11:11 AM
We are getting closer to finalizing the roster. I am hoping to have a meet and greet on Friday, around 6/6:30 at a local coffee shop downtown.

We could make it 7 or whenever, so please either PM me or email me (those who have PM'd me have my email) if you can make it and what time is best for you.

We could also meet on Saturday afternoon if Friday doesn't work. It would be a good day to meet everyone and set a start date and schedule.

Let me know!

Player1
02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Greetings all,

If you still have any open seats, or if one becomes available in the near future, I'm another adventurer in the tavern that would be interested in buying everyone a round and joining the party. I'd be happy to fill any role you may need to balance out the group.

kazullaertes
02-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Darn wish I went on a few weeks ago...by any chance do you have another spot, your game sounds exactly what I like, deadly and challenging please let me know. sorry to post if you have and good gaming either way!

DMaster
03-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I will keep you posted if a spot opens. Sadly, the table isn't always as static as we would like it to be.

Division
03-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm with you, Kaz. Wish I'd been logging onto this site regularly, this campaign sounds perfect for myself and two friends of mine. I'd be interested to know when any spots open up at your table, sir. I can bring one, two, or three enthusiastic players to the table.

DMaster
03-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the interest. I will definitely notify you if a spot opens.