PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Element Scifi RPG: Need Playtesters

MysticAges
02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey there,

I've been working on a scifi game, Foreign Element, for a while now. Here's my quick blurb:

What is Foreign Element?
At its core, it's a roleplaying game simulating some of those great and not-so-great science fiction action movies of the 80s-90s-and on. Particular favorites of mine? Screamers, Alien, Soldier, Total Recall, etc.. Think furious action, blasted remote science fiction landscapes, corporate and government power at odds, and so on. Heroes range from normal guys to mercenaries and other agents, sent out as teams to explore remote planets that have gone silent after a mysterious event called the Great Blackout. There is not one coherent reason behind the event. On one planet, the heroes might battle malfunctioning robots. On another, it might be alien creatures. And yet another, it might be renegade colonists. It's kind of up to the GM, or it can just be crazy wild insane action. All the while the heroes are doing this, they are living up to their own motivations, which might require them to break orders, backstab each other, or do sordid things for the powers that be.

With all that said, I am looking for playtesters and also gamers (like you) to look over bits of it and see what you like, what's clear, and what's not.

http://www.mysticages.com/games/fe/RulesTest-FE.pdf

It has a bit of a non-traditional approach. Would your group play it? Does the mechanic appear both simple and flexible enough for the kinds of play it is geared to? Is there something that looks just plain broken?

I'd appreciate any feedback, and let me know if I can look at anything you are working on too.

Farcaster
02-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Cool. I've posted this up on the front page to help spread the word.