PDA

View Full Version : 7th Sea

daddystabz
02-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Seeking players and possible GM for a 7th Sea campaign locally at my girlfriend's house. If no one else wishes to GM then I will gladly do so. 7th Sea is an RPG set in an alternate earth-like setting set in the year 1668 when the golden age of piracy is beginning. There are nations that analog to real-world nations and players can be anything from a pirate to a naval officer to a musketeer to a spy to an archaeologist, etc. Sorcerous magic exists in the setting as well and is controlled by the noble class. The setting is rich with swashbuckling adventure, intrigue, drama, and adventure/discovery. You can read more about the game here: http://rpggeek.com/thread/430605/swashbuckling-and-sorcery-7th-sea-and-the-player

Just imagine combining Pirates of the Caribbean with The 3 Musketeers with Horatio Hornblower with Camelot and you have an idea of the potential of this setting.

michaelsbagley
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
What is the average age of the players? And is the 7th Sea game based on the Savage Worlds system? Or am I confusing it with something else?

Last question is what night of the week are you considering?

daddystabz
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
I know for sure my girlfriend will be playing and she is 32. I am 36. There might be some people from my current Friday night game that might play and they range from early 20s to mid-late 30s. 7th. Sea is not the Savage Worlds game. There are 2 somewhat similar Savage Worlds products. One is called 50 Fathoms and the other is called Pirates of the Spanish Main (which I own). 7th. Sea uses its own system, called the roll and keep system and its setting world of Théah is very unique and flavorful. As for night of the week, I am pretty flexible right now and would try to choose a night that works best for the players once we establish who all is interested. Would you still be interested at this point? What day/time is best for you?

michaelsbagley
02-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I was thinking of the 50 Fathoms game, I too have the Spanish Main book. I am pretty open to night of the week as well... Weekday evenings work better for me than weekends do though. But yes, I am still interested.

I mostly asked about the system as I have gotten the impression that you would prefer to play rather than GM... I don't mind GMing, but will only do so with systems I am familiar with... And I am not at all familiar with the 7th Sea system. But could probably GM a Savage Worlds based system (although there would be some adjustment period for me to get going well at it). But ultimately, if I was to GM, I would prefer to use a system I am more familiar with (GURPS or Runequest pirates).

That all said, count me in as a player if you can find enough folks to make this work.

daddystabz
02-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Things are developing well for it. I will keep you posted. I definitely want to keep it with the native roll & keep system and setting of 7th Sea, because it is frankly the best swashbuckling game I've ever seen. I have all the books for it in PDF form if you were interested in learning the system and I have print copies on the way for me to use of the books I'm missing that I don't already own physical copies of.

wgiver
09-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Is this game still active? I have been a big fan of 7th Sea for years and have been looking for a game and I have two roommates who might be interested as well.