PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Ratings for 4e Games in the Campaign Invitations Forum

Umiushi
02-08-2011, 02:01 AM
There is currently a member who has taken it upon himself or herself to assign the lowest ratings to every recent 4th Edition D&D game in the Campaign Invitation Forum, and the highest ratings to various other campaign invitations, mostly 3.5 and Pathfinder. Needless to say, this could have a detrimental effect over time for the ability of 4e DMs to attract "edition agnostic" players who might not be aware of what's going on.

The ratings system should be a commentary on the quality of a thread, not an outlet for harassment based on someone's feelings of ill-will to a certain system. It is clear that this is being done methodically with the intent to make it difficult for 4th Edition DMs to gain players. I noticed that this person was active earlier today, as well as over the weekend, so I don't believe this is just a one-shot act of virtual graffiti.

I don't think the rating system garners a great deal of attention as a whole, but I do think that low ratings tend to stand out. If you are a DM planning to advertise a 4th Edition D&D game here, I would recommend that you be aware of this activity.

cplmac
02-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Again, Umiushi, send me a detailed PM with as much specifics as you can.