PDA

View Full Version : Land of Suldaire

EternalShadow
02-08-2011, 12:43 AM
~~~ Suldaire ~~~

Following the magical wars that ravaged the world a half century ago, monsters and twisted creatures have been spotted roaming the countryside with more and more frequency. These are dark and dangerous times where decent folk stay close to their villages and behind sturdy walls.
A great many spell casters lost their lives during and shortly after the magical wars. Some blamed arcane practitioners for the devastation and hunted them down. Magical blood has dwindled, and while a magic-user might be greeted by awe and wonder instead of fear or aggression, fewer and fewer are born with the talent these days. The priesthoods, though never blamed for the catastrophe, have seen a decline in divine inspiration: those remaining of true power are reaching old age. The art of crafting magical items has also dwindled to obscurity, and those enchanted relics still hiding in attics and strongboxes seem strangely reluctant to reveal their powers. Gone are the days when feathers and pearl dust could unlock countless secrets unknown…
Welcome to the Land of Suldaire, a new DnD 3.5e campaign!
This is home brew campaign set in a custom world with quite a few house rules and tweaks to the 3.5e system (all for the better, imo :) ).We are currently playing on Saturday evenings, starting at 8:30 EST. We are using d20Pro VTT (virtual tabletop) - a free download (I have the slots to cover player licenses)http://www.d20pro.com (http://www.d20pro.com/)
Please check out the campaign page here:http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/land-of-suldaire
If you are interested, please send me a message here or on Obsidian.

~EternalShadow

EternalShadow
02-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Update: I currently have 1 player confirmed, playing a striker type.
I will post the roles of the rest as they fill in.

Kral
02-08-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm interested, and I like how you seem to care about the world. Better games tend to come from DMs that make their own stuff and give a damn about the quality of it.
Leaning towards Eladrin Wizard.

I'm available Mon-Thurs at any time after 4PM, EST. Might be able to work with a different time, if needed.

workape
02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I love Eberron! Is this going to be 3.5 or 4? I see people talking about strikers and whatnot, but then you said 3.5. I am available Tuesday-Friday after 6pm CST.

Kral
02-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Do you want us to keep in touch via forum posts, P&PG PMs, or the comments box on OP?
And this isn't Eberron, Workape.

EternalShadow
02-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Heh sorry things are a bit scattered atm. I'd like to keep this thread as a list of who is interested, what players we have confirmed so far and general questions. I'm posting all of the game details over at Obsidian Portal. If you have any specific questions for me you can PM me either here or at Obsidian.
To answer your questions workape:
1) The world is not Eberron, it will be a custom one of my own. Its possible that the image is related to Eberron, (if so sorry for the confusion!) I just thought it fit the imagery I am going for.
2) We will be playing 3.5e. I listed my first player as a Striker simply because I like the roles idea 4e uses. Ideally I would like to find a defender-type and a healer-type (4e calls them leaders I believe but doesn't have to be the leader of the party). I tend to be pretty open about classes though, chances are that whatever you'd like to play we can fit in somehow.

XenoZiden
02-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I'd be interested in playing. Not sure what I'd play, Either a Rogue or a Cleric I think.

What kind of restrictions are there with character creation(class wise)?

Also I'm good for Any time after 6 EST that isn't Saturday, I've got a pending game on Sundays and Thursdays but it's more of a first come first serve.

Emerald_wind
02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I've sent a cleric for you to look at. Preferred availability after 6 est Tues - Thu or Saturday. (Prefer after 8 est, but can work with after 6) Friday After 8 est. Sunday or Monday Mornings could work.

EternalShadow
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd be interested in playing. Not sure what I'd play, Either a Rogue or a Cleric I think.
What kind of restrictions are there with character creation(class wise)?

Hardly any restrictions there, but check out the Character Creation section over at my Obsidian Portal page.
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/land-of-suldaire
Also if you create an account and click the join button I can add you to the campaign.

workape
02-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Sorry about that, I was IM'ing a friend about a possible Eberron campaign and looking at another thread and just went a little nutty. I'm looking at possibly a wizard, I'll put something together here soon. But the question I have is would new spells be auto learned or are they going to be researched/discovered/alternative?

I was trying to look at your Magic of Suldaire section, but it is saying you have to be a member of the campaign to see it. Is there anything in there I would need to know about for making a character?

Wasteomana
02-27-2011, 01:55 AM
I am looking to join an online game. Send me a message or email me at psychoticcheese@yahoo.com if you still need a player.

EternalShadow
05-16-2011, 11:15 PM
UPDATE: We have recently lost a few players so I am looking to fill 2 player spots.
We are gaming on Saturday nights starting at 8:30 EST, via Skype and d20pro (see the start of the thread).
The party is 3rd level and new players coming in will be the same. We currently have a cleric, a ranger and another damage-dealer. We could use a defender-type and a support character of some sort.

istoaufrien
05-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Id be intrested. What kind of support character were you looking for (i was thinking either Druid or something along those lines.) A couple of questions first though

Psionics (maybe ill play a psiwarrior tank)
Dragon magic (3.5 rule book. i would enjoy playing a dragon fire adept)
Magic of Incarum (3.5 book. thinking about attempting a Incarnate)

If those cant be done. druids for sure.

Hmmmm.... well let me look more into what i want to do. But i am very intrested

EternalShadow
05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi,
Glad you are interested!
Pretty much any support character that wouldn't overlap a current party member is fine, so druid would certainly work.
To answer your questions:
- Psionics: Yes
- Dragon magic: maybe
- Magic of Incarnum: maybe

I will send you a PM with more details.

Truwen
05-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Hey eternal, I am interested in joining your group to get some more 3.5e experience. Currently I have been playing several years now with some RL friends, but our play sessions have slowed. We are trying to pick back up, however, I would like to see about playing with another group that can play more often. This would be in addition to my normal group.

I am free almost every Saturday and Sunday. I work for a school district, so guaranteed weekends off. So a few questions I should ask as I read the thread back wards. I got excited so kind of skipped most of the later responses.

Skype would be primary means of communication?
I am PST, so I am assuming all of this will be an online play using VTT?
I read what classes you have and need. I am reserving my decision here until you get back to me on any restrictions and if you have a spot for me.
What books are you using? Are there very many restrictions?

I will keep an eye on this thread and read your blog to get a bit more of an idea of what I would be getting myself into. Oh yes, one more thing. I am not used to pure role playing and staying in character all the time. It is, however, something I have wanted to play with a bit more, but my primary group is more about rushing through stuff than sitting and talking. I guess combat heavy is my primary group. So I am interested in the 50%/50% aspect you posted here.

At any rate, let me know what ya think.

EternalShadow
05-19-2011, 03:20 PM
UPDATE: Looks like we have two good players interested to fill the spots. Barring any schedule conflicts or someone needing to drop out will have a full party.
Thanks all!

Creevy
05-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Hey Eternal, I am extremely interested in your group. While I have not played D&D except for once, due to lack of interest from my friends, I have extensive knowledge of the mechanics of the game and how a lot of the basics work. If given the chance, my preferred character would be a Sneak-style Rogue/Illusory-focused Sorcerer multiclass, eventually working towards the Arcane Trickster prestige class. If you think you have room for me, I would love to join.

EDIT: Did not see the message on the second page. If somebody drops, please let me know. Otherwise, best of luck in your campaigns.

Gregora
06-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Hey I am interested and the time shouldn't be an issue for me with work barring an emergency or spiteful behavior on my bosses part :P I would like to try a knight out since you are looking for a defensive type character and I have always been interested in trying one out. I would really like to play as I have Dm'd the last 3 games I have been a part of and have the itch to be a player again.