PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Odyssey

Crow
01-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Imagine having the courage to take to the wilderness, to travel between the safe places, and to discover that which has been lost. The opportunity for great riches, fame and power, as well as a gruesome, ignominious death, await. Along the way, you'll discover sad and lonely guardians of long dead Empires, beings beyond the imagination of most city dwellers, natural wonders that shake the faith of some while reaffirming that of others. Are you ready to decide the fate of kingdoms, races, even the entire world? Are you prepared for combat, intrigue and diplomacy to test your mind and body? You will fight gods and monsters, and your decisions will make you responsible for the fate of millions. Should your endeavors be marked with success, you will be remembered forever, and your every material want will be sated. If you know nothing but failure, you will only feed the Earth.

So. When do you want to start

Premise

Hope that wasn't too over the top. :)

I like to think of the D&D world as being a bit like medieval Earth, but with far more variation; people discover magics, technologies and natural wonders, only to lose them for generations. In a mostly pre-literate world with different sentient species, it seems inevitable that progress would be randomly lost; this means that there are ancient technological and magical artifacts that may be far more advanced than any being produced contemporaneously with the story being told. Adventuring is really about going beyond the safe boundaries of your towns and cities and even kingdoms, to look for the lost, the wonderful, and the terrible.

Style of play

About half role-playing and half combat. I really encourage innovative and resourceful thinking from players. I'm interested in providing challenges and being impressed.

As soon as a few players sign up, or maybe even just one, we might start up. I intend to just keep it going for at least a few months. The number of slots is really about the maximum I feel comfortable with, not the minimum (though I'd prefer to have at least 2 players before starting).

7PM-11PM or so, listed days, Pacific Standard Time.

Darc Ruin
01-26-2011, 03:01 AM
I'm game

Crow
01-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Still some open slots.

jaxt
01-30-2011, 12:08 AM
pm me the details, i'm totally up for it!

Krigg
01-30-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm interested as a player. Wondering what additional books beyond core 3.5 are available... And what times, I'm looking for Monday and/or Wednesday sessions, but can't really do much more than that. I will be able to consistently attend, and exceptions will likely have good reason behind them. Jan 31st will likely be one of those days, other than that I should be free all Mondays and Wednesdays for the foreseeable future.

Ninesling
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Please pm me with all the pertinent information. I am looking forward to joining your group if there is room.

Neonblueboy
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey Im in, pm me with more details.

drovendor
02-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Hey I've seen lots of post of people looking to join, if there is still any room message me, it sounds cool.