PDA

View Full Version : Tacoma Washington 4.0 Dungeons and Dragons

ElFlamingo
01-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Lvl 1-30 game. I'm looking for a few more players to fill out the group. We're starting up on the 5th or 6th of Feb. Anyone interested in a weekly game?

ElFlamingo
01-31-2011, 11:26 PM
3216In the interest of bumping this up I'll post a better explanation of the game.

It's a Points of Light game using 4th Ed D&D. By points of light I mean that the only real structured places or civilized are small towns and hamlets. Not many big towns, more like an empire fell along time ago and now the world is covered in ruins of the old empire and monsters roam free. It's a place were magic is rare and the gods take a big part in the world. Some of the gods are actively looking for new champions, avatars if your will, others may be dead or just left the realm. It'll be leaning a bit into the altruistic sense of gaming. With the world being so small and defenseless an evil campaign would consist of you beating up lvl 0 peasants and that's not my idea of fun. Also surprise, I like to have fun when i run games. It'll be a bit epic, not so much in the beginning but I'm a bit of a writer so I love nice well-thought out stories. Hate railroading and spent many a game trying to figure out how to do a story oriented game with a sandbox element and I do believe I got it figured out. The games will be starting this weekend, either sat. or sun. depending on which day the group decides. I already trying running this game, but a lot of my players left. Most of them were from this site and I never met them before, so that may be it. Either way I have a much steadier group or four now and I'm looking for two more good-natured and easy-going players to join up before our big start of the campaign. Going to try to do the impossible with this campaign also. Lvl1-30!

Giasrhen
02-06-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm curious. dont much care for the 4.0 edition. but your close by and I like the Idea of no Civilization past village. let me know if you are still looking for players and when you are playing.

ElFlamingo
02-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Going to shamelessly bump again.

ElFlamingo
02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm hoping someone is interested. I have a lot planned for the campaign and I'd like to get a full group.
Also I'm getting tired of shamelessly bumping myself. It feels a wee bit pathetic lol

Soirbleu
03-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Are you still looking for players? Your game sounds like a lot of fun... I've been frustrated by D&D modules - even though I can get a little D&D fix, they definitely have the "railroading" quality. I am intrigued by your idea of a story-based campaign. I've only ever played 4th edition D&D and am familiar with the rules, many of the characters, and some of the worlds within this context, but I would still say that I am relatively new to playing. I like a good mixture of combat and roleplaying, or roleplaying within the context of combat. I would describe my play style as somewhere between "instigator" (mainly) and "explorer". I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Jericho
12-04-2011, 10:50 AM
If you are still looking for players, my wife and myself may be interested. We are both avid and experienced gamers, and are both very familiar with 4.0. Now, I am military so that can occasionally affect my schedule, but otherwise I am free weekends and friday afternoons/evenings. IF you would like to discuss this more, please message me, thanks.