PDA

View Full Version : The Seventh Cycle

gomorrhan
03-27-2007, 04:16 PM
scores of aeons ago, humanity traveled the planes from their homeworld in ships of steel, ruling mighty golems and essential forces through arts long-forgotten in the desperate years after the chaos wars... themselves the subject of myth and legend known only by thaumaturges and elves perhaps, and credited by few of these. in living memory, prior to the advent of the Empire of Ket, humanity was an interloper wherever they went, unwanted, friendless, a race of seafaring nomads, given to piracy out of need and still hunted by the demons that had brought about their ruin. their thaumaturges rose to the need of the times, and delivered them from demonic enslavement, whilst heroes of that time established citadels that became the backbone eventually of the Empire, and peace was known for great stretches. Every cycle of a thousand years brought great tests for the Thaumaturges and the defenders of the walls of Ket, but prophecy foretold disaster in the Seventh Cycle, whose last days are currently approaching, as the Emperor seeks out those on whom he can rely, cabals maneuver and consolidate, and eternal powers reveal themselves to Shape the Chaos...

Hero/Fantasy Hero system: four imaginative players needed for regular, weekly sessions. Epic fantasy, unlimited flexibility, character conception more important than game mechanics.

Deathworm22
04-24-2007, 08:28 PM
I would like to play if it is online.

gomorrhan
04-25-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm sorry, but this campaign is intended to be in-person. I haven't considered running any part of it online. That's interesting, and offers possibilities for "outside of game" NPC development. If you are interested in responding to PC actions as an NPC or Villain, I'd be interested in giving you briefings, and seeing your ideas for directing the flow of that subplot?

Deathworm22
04-25-2007, 03:23 PM
That would be fun.