PDA

View Full Version : The adventure: Day 2



Q-man
01-24-2011, 01:49 PM
You awaken just as the staff is getting the Inn ready for another day. The cooks are bustling in the kitchen, and you smell the aroma of eggs and bacon being prepared for breakfast.

When you walk down the main room is almost empty, there's only two others seated in their awaiting their meal. They wear travel worn cloths and are discussing a few places they'd like to visit before sunset.

yukonhorror
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
"Well, there was one of two spots the rest of our equipment could be. I am going to say the graveyard containing spook house is NOT where our equipment is. Let's head to other place quick before we go back to finish up the job we started last night."

Webimpulse
01-26-2011, 02:02 PM
"Refresh my memory...what was the other place the last of our equipment could potentially be?" Barakas says as he rubs the sleepiness from his eyes. Shortly after he does so he glances towards the two travelers out of curiosity, trying to see what they look like.

((Any Perception roll needed to ascertain anything special about the two travelers?))

Q-man
01-28-2011, 12:16 PM
{{The way I remember it, there wasn't two places your stuff could be, you knew it was with the alchemist (Sidar Drasth). You just weren't sure where he was. You knew he had a room with Lord Weathermay, and he also had a laboratory at the house on Gargoyle's Perch.}}

Deepthought
01-31-2011, 02:02 AM
"Friends, after last night's NOT encounter with the Alchemist, let us query Lord Weathermay as to his whereabouts. He might know where to find him. If not, we go back during daylight to the House on Gargoyle's perch, the foul things will be less likely to be about in the sun" Sylvain will also have a good listen to the places the other two travellers mention.
Perception Check following Sylvains Perception

yukonhorror
01-31-2011, 07:52 AM
"I agree. I think he is located within Gryphon Hill along with our remaining items."

Q-man
01-31-2011, 08:16 AM
{{Sylvain's perception}}
You overhear them talking about a laboratory and wanted to check a cemetery. They also mention odd shipments and wanting to see the docks. At which point their breakfast arrives and they stop talking to eat.

Deepthought
02-01-2011, 05:12 AM
Sylvain will try to speak to the guys if the time is right. Using his Word of Friendship to give mighty Diplomatic vibes to his voice.
"Dear Sirs, I could not avoid overhearing your intention to investigate the cemetary. If I may impart my humble opinion on you, we had a most unfriendly encounter on Gryphon hill last night looking for a contact. We found the house empty but for some boxes and undead on our trail running from the cemetary. I beseech you, if you have any wisom for us in that matter, speak! If me can help in return, I shall speak to my comrades. Let us not squander the good fortune of this meeting and let us work together!"

Sylvains Diplomacy with Word of Friendship:
Sylvains Diplomatic Mastery

Q-man
02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
They turn and look at Sylvain "Whats this now? You've been to Drasth's lab a'ready?" says the first man, the other elbows his companion and says "Ho now friend what business have we to skulk about in a cemetery? You must be mistaken. Only thieves and dark sorcerers do such things."

Deepthought
02-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Sylvain's face will show his surprise: "You know Drasth? It is him we wanted to have word with, it seems we owe him gratitude for repairing some of our stuff. We decided to go yesterday, maybe foolishly at dusk and were waylaid by a pair of foul things, we think from the cemetery. Friends, we will persue our business with Drasth for our own sakes and reasons, but if you can help with any information, you would have our gratitude and help if you need it for your endeavour with Drasth!"

Q-man
02-02-2011, 06:23 AM
The first guy replies "Well, we've not met him. Though we've been..."
Then the second guy scowls and interrupts with "There be few in town what haven't heard of him, so we know of Drasth the Alchemist. Not sure what sort of 'gratitude' you owe him that requires additional help though, specially as it sounds though you've run afoul of some guards. P'raps its none of my business though."

Deepthought
02-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Sylvain senses his chances slipping away, so he pushes for a final effort: "Let me explain please! Drasth the Alchemist has in possession some items that he repaired for us and that we wanted to retrieve and pay him for his endeavors. On the way to his laboratory, where we thought him located we were attacked by undead. Not guards, unless folk here have the creatures of the night on guard for them. One of them wanted to get away towards the graveyard during battle. However, we did not see any light in the lab, nor did the commotion rouse anyone there, all that was seen was boxes inside. Therefore I beg you to let us know what business you would have with Drasth, so we could jointly look for him. Also you spoke about strange shipments, if these bring us closer to solving the mystery of the undead attack, that would be good for you and us, would it not?"

Q-man
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
The first guy looks confused and scratches his head. The other one stops and thinks for a moment. "So you've not got some grudge against Drasth? You had me a might concerned. We've had no luck getting to see Drasth ourselves, his lab is well hidden. Only one what has seen the inside is Weathermay's daughter. You'd have better luck talking to him at Weathermays house, its where he spends his nights."
The first guy gives his friend a look as if he's expecting him to say more. He turns to Sylvain and is about to speak when the second guy silences him with a look.

Deepthought
02-07-2011, 02:15 AM
"Thank you so very much for your kind suggestion. This is what we surely will do first thing today!". Sylvain will turn back to the comrades, suggesting audibly to do just that. Then ensuring he is not overheard he will add: "And I think we should have a close look on those two fellows. They seem to know things about the boxes in yonder lab."

Q-man
02-15-2011, 06:27 AM
The party heads out to the Gryphon Hill house, where you met Lord Weathermay. There's a bit of fog thats quickly drying as the sun rises, and a steady breeze. It looks as though it'll be a cloudy day, but the rain seems to be gone for the moment.

As you stroll through the damp muddy streets you see the rest of the town waking up. Storefront displays are brought out, walkways are swept clean, and a few of the farmers have returned to start the market in the town square.

You arrive at the Gryphon Hill house with no difficulty, you're quickly coming to learn the town layout. One of the maids is in the yard beating the dust out of some rugs, while a grounds keeper is repairing the wall surrounding the estate apparently the rain washed a few of the stones loose.

You knock on the door and without much delay the butler answers. After a moment he recognizes you "Sirs.... Niemandsfreund, welcome. Lord Weathermay was not expecting visitors so early, he's not yet dressed and ready to attend you. Perhaps a later time would be better?"

yukonhorror
02-15-2011, 07:57 AM
"Actually sir, we are here for Drasth. We were told he would be here with the rest of our equipment. Is that not true?"

Q-man
02-15-2011, 08:37 AM
The butler looks momentarily surprised by this, but quickly regains his composure. "Mr. Drasth? He normally doesn't get callers here, I understood that he conducts all of his business from his laboratory. He's not yet left for the day, perhaps he's able to speak with you." He steps away from the door and gestures for you to enter "You can make yourselves comfortable in the sitting room while I check with him. I'll return shortly."

Once you are all inside he'll set off to find Sidar Drasth. After a few moments the butler enters the room and announces "Mr. Drasth may I present the Mercenary group Niemandsfreund." Following after the butler shaking his head with a smile is a handsome well dressed gentleman. When the butler walks off the gentleman says "Norris is ever so attached to proper decorum, I prefer a more casual setting. Please call me Sidar."

yukonhorror
02-15-2011, 08:48 AM
"Sidar, we were told you had the rest of our equipment. I know you at least have my ornament of alertness, but I don't know what anybody else is listening. We were wondering if we could get it back."

Q-man
02-15-2011, 09:05 AM
"Ah, yes. Byron gave me several items to repair when you were taken to the hospital. Unfortunately I've kept them at my laboratory, Byron doesn't approve of my research so I'm to keep my work out of his house. I'll be headed there soon, when I return this afternoon perhaps I can send for you to come collect your things?"

Deepthought
02-17-2011, 07:23 AM
"That sounds like a most appropriate course of action!" Sylvain prompts after the Alchemist finishes. "May we offer to be of assistance and accompany you to your laboratory, dear Sir? We wanted to have a look around the immediate surroundings of the town anyhow, and that would be most convenient for us!"

yukonhorror
02-17-2011, 07:31 AM
"Yes, we are curious about this laboratory of yours. So please, lead the way"

Q-man
02-17-2011, 07:53 AM
He taps his lips thoughtfully for a moment and then shakes his head. "I'm not certain thats the best course. You see I have a number of experiments underway, most of which are fairly sensitive. Not that I expect you to run about the place smashing my equipment, but the magical auras of any items you carry might influence their results." He looks for a moment at Krystallo, Gideon, and Enemere then continues "Even the magical nature of your very essence might be enough to change their outcome. Its for these reasons that I don't permit visitors to my laboratory. If you've a pressing need for your things I can return sooner with them, but I'm afraid I must be strict and deny visitors so that my experiments can be successful."

{{Gideon...}}
{{Your passive insight}} As Sidar talks about the sensitivity of his experiments, you get the impression that he's a bit uncomfortable with that topic. He's telling the truth, or else he has an amazing poker face, but there's something more to the story of why he doesn't permit guests.

yukonhorror
02-17-2011, 07:56 AM
"Hey guys, where did we eat the other day? You know that inn? In any case, we'll head there and if you could meet us for lunch or whatever and bring us our items we'd REALLY appreciate it."

Q-man
02-17-2011, 10:27 AM
He considers something for a while and says "Hmm.... I suppose I could make it back by lunch. Though I'm afraid wouldn't be able to talk for too long during the meal, as I'll need to return to finish with my work afterward. Yes I think that might work out alright, where is it you'd like to meet at?"

Deepthought
02-23-2011, 02:38 AM
Sylvain beams: "That would be most kind of you! You will be of course invited! At lunch then". To his comrades he says: "So what the till lunch? Is anyone for a tour around town and the surroundings?"

Q-man
03-01-2011, 05:44 AM
Sidar stands and walks with you out of Lord Weathermay's house. On the way he says "The weather may not be the best today, but it shouldn't continue raining. You should have little trouble seeing what there is in town. Is there perhaps somewhere I could offer directions to before I depart?"

He'll give you good directions to where ever you'd like to start your tour, before politely departing for his laboratory.

{{As I recall Dr. Honaire had wanted to check on you guys again yesterday, but you didn't make it before dark. The folks in the tavern mentioned strange shipments at the docks. Lord Weathermay said the guards have seen people sneaking around at night. There might be other folks you can think of worth talking to, so let me know where you'd like to head to.}}

yukonhorror
03-01-2011, 07:56 AM
"Guys, where did you eat with that dwarven couple? Someone should head there to meet Sidar. I'll go to the doctor to get 'checked' up on. I figure if I am sick, we actually have something to worry about." Krys gives a bit of a smirk.

"Before I head out, Sylvain, you want to check out the docks maybe. There was talk of strange shipments there over the past few days. Alright, meet up at the inn? See ya"

Q-man
03-01-2011, 10:29 AM
{{Sylvain would recall the name of the tavern was the Traveller's Inn. In fact its also where you spent the night.}}

Deepthought
03-02-2011, 02:25 AM
"Alright then! I will investigate the story of those Shipments at the Docks. Meet you at the Traveller's Inn."
Sylvain will head for the docks and see if he can find some news and rumors on the street. He'll also check what ships currently anchor there.

Q-man
03-02-2011, 06:49 AM
{{Sylvain, as you're wandering the docks asking questions, can I get a Streetwise check to see who you arrive at? In other words, how far up the dock workers chain of command you're able to get. There'll likely be additional checks needed for your questions, but we need to start somewhere.}}

Deepthought
03-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Aye! Here comes
Sylvains Streetwise

Q-man
03-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Sylvain knows that most docks are directed by a harbor master, or something like that. Asking around you're pointed around to one Mr. Cavel Warden who oversees all shipping traffic into and out of Soldevi. He's a disheveled man with a sheaf of papers in his hand. When you find him he's arguing with a ship captain about the berthing costs of his ship.

You walk up as the ship captain stalks back onto his ship complaining loudly about the extortion done at this wharf. With a look of frustration Cavel turns to face you "Whats this now? New cargo needs registered at the front office, I've no time to deal with you here."

After you explain what you're doing he scratches his head "Anchored here? There's less an a dozen now. All 'ese storms are keeping folks further to sea. What you need to know for?"

Deepthought
03-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Sylvain nods his head. "A business Associate of mine is looking for a captain who'd be willing to transport some, say non-standard goods. And I have heard that such a man might be still here just now."
Sylvains Bluff

Q-man
03-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Cavel says angrily "Non-standard goods you say? Look here, you tell your man Drasth I've had enough of his foolishness. I don't care what he ships, nor where it goes. What I do care about is keeping my books straight! He can show up like ever-one else and sigh for his packages. This nonsense of sneaking them out without filling out the forms ends today! An once I find out who of my workers is helpin him, Drasth best be here to fish him outten the ocean!"

He crosses his arm and looks down his nose at you while awaiting your response.

Deepthought
03-17-2011, 07:37 AM
"ah....so....are there still goods for him here, that need to be signed for?" Sylvain askes sheepishlee.

Q-man
03-17-2011, 10:13 AM
At the docks...
Cavel huffs and says "No, tis all gone, as you likely well know already. Don't be coy with me, your games will get you little. Now there are a good many captains that berth here what don't ask many questions about your cargo. I assumed you'd know them well, as they're the same that bring your crates in. I don't want to know what you need to ship, just give me the size and weight and I'll see who has cargo space to spare for you." He hands Sylvain a couple forms to collect information on what he wants to ship out.

At the Traveler's Inn...
The morning is a slow time at the inn. A few people stop in for sandwiches and a few of the guests stop up to their rooms for things; but for the most part you have the run of the place. Things begin to pick up at lunchtime and many of the local shop keepers and workers come in for a drink during their break. As the rush dies down and the crowd begins to thin out, perhaps around 1PM, you see Sidar Drasth walk in the door. He's carrying a bulky sack and is looking around the room while his eyes adjust from the sunlight outside, to the much darker interior.

Deepthought
04-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Sylvain beams at him. "Thank you dear Sir. I will fill the forms and be back within the day." Then Sylvain will leave the office and head back to the Traveller's Inn to discuss the news.

Q-man
04-13-2011, 06:05 AM
Sylvain arrives at the Traveler's Inn in the early afternoon. In fact as you walk in you see Sidar Drasth standing just inside the doorway looking around. The room is fairly dark, and you're forced to do the same thing for a moment before being able to make out much of the inside. As you're much more familiar with your friends you're quickly able to pick out the table they're sitting at than Sidar is. He's still scanning the crowd while you've picked out a path to them.

yukonhorror
04-13-2011, 07:45 AM
"Sidar, how do you do. Come join us for a quick meal!"

Q-man
04-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Sidar waves when you call him over and makes his way to your table along with Sylvain. Sidar says "Dratted place. I've no idea why they keep it so dark in here, I suppose the lighting works better at night when they do most of their business. One does think that they'd do better during the day if it was possible to see in here then. Anyway, I'm glad you spotted me. I've brought along your things." He Hands the bulging sack across the table to you. "Lord Weathermay asked me to ensure they were all in proper working order, so I have. You should find them much as you left them, if perhaps a slight bit cleaner."

Deepthought
05-09-2011, 02:22 AM
"Thank you so much, that is most appreciated." Sylvain says as the group takes back the remaining bits and pieces of their equipment. "I also wanted to let you know that some men have been asking funny questions about you earlier in this same spot. If there is any way we can assist you, we'd be much obliged."

Q-man
05-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Drasth gives you a wide eyed stare and replies "Men asking about me? Why would they do this? I had thought I'd corrected my reputation here once I'd finally gotten in Lord Weathermay's good graces. Apparently early mistrust is not something that is forgotten here. Do you know who these men were? Or what they were curious about? I'd hope this is something that can be corrected with a quick discussion, I'd hate to have to need 'help' to set this right."

Deepthought
05-30-2011, 03:11 AM
"Ah, I see" says Sylvain even though he doesnt. "Me, I think they might be working for the Harbourmaster, trying to get some shipping information for his recordsa" They asked inconspicous questions, but they made me wonder what they were after. If that information alone helps you, I'll be glad to have given it".