PDA

View Full Version : Blog Permissions

Farcaster
01-21-2011, 12:24 AM
There has been a great deal of abuse by spammers who have been registering on the forums and then creating blogs chuck full of spam. The blog system does not have the same level of moderation tools as the forums and this makes it difficult to control. As a result, effective immediately, "New Members" cannot create blogs on P&PG until they have been a member for at least one month and have made at least one post.

This can be bypassed by purchasing a community supporter account, which will allow you to immediately use the full features of the P&PG community. Spammers beware though, you won't be getting your money back after your account gets banned if you go this route. :lol:

cplmac
01-21-2011, 12:02 PM
:clap2:

Guess we'll have to see how long this will keep the spammers at bay. Of course, now we will get questions about the possibility of having the waiting time waved, like I get for people that aren't able to get into the Chat for 72 hours after joining.

Blond Gamer Girl
01-21-2011, 03:25 PM
AMEN! That rule is completely reasonable. Most forums I belong to actually have a three post minimum which I think is quite fair.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
01-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Seems reasonable to me.

tesral
01-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Go for it. I am not a frequenter of the blogs so I wasn't even aware this was a problem. Well until the filthy hoards find another way in.

Can't blog? Shut the computer off, read a book.